Best station to ride the train?

SOCALMouseMommy

DIS Veteran
I know the waits for the Disneyland Railroad have been long since it's been back. I'm hoping to ride it this week when we go to the parks (I've never ridden it before strangely! Well, at least not that I can remember) and wondering which station we should try to get on?

I'm not sure what's the best, but I'm betting I made the mistake on Saturday of picking the worst. It took at least 45 minutes to get on at New Orleans Square after lunch. The Cast Members were pretty organized though, they were letting people know exactly where to go at each train car based on who got off the train at the station.

We road it last week an hour or two after park opening. We got on at Tomorrowland station. There was no wait other than for the train to get to the station.

Edited to add: crowds seem the worst at Main Street and New Orleans Square. I would say getting on at Toon Town or Tomorrowland are the best bets.

We road it last week an hour or two after park opening. We got on at Tomorrowland station. There was no wait other than for the train to get to the station.

Edited to add: crowds seem the worst at Main Street and New Orleans Square. I would say getting on at Toon Town or Tomorrowland are the best bets.

Great tips, thank you!

I would agree Tomorrowland is best at the moment. Normally Main St is completely free, NOS is always packed and Toontown is pretty busy. But at the moment Main St is crazy!

I like getting on in NOS but it can be a madhouse. I would say Tomorrowland since the line is mostly shaded and usually not very long.

Out of curiosity, do you think they'll add another stop near Star Wars land? It would be nice to ride the train back to the front of the park!

Out of curiosity, do you think they'll add another stop near Star Wars land? It would be nice to ride the train back to the front of the park!

Not likely any time soon. They would have already built the stop in anticipation of the opening.

Not possible. The train takes an elevated path over bridges as it passes SW land. There is no conceivable place to build a stop.

I would also probably go with the Tomorrowland station; while it is just before the Grand Canyon/Primeval World section, it is kind of out of the way and not on the main path. Two weekends ago, the Main Street and NOS station lines were consistently long. Toontown was okay, but it was really long after Mickey & the Magical Map ended (so avoid that time). Overall, you're best bet it to try and ride early or late in the day and avoid the prime afternoon hours. Good luck!

I would also probably go with the Tomorrowland station; while it is just before the Grand Canyon/Primeval World section, it is kind of out of the way and not on the main path. Two weekends ago, the Main Street and NOS station lines were consistently long. Toontown was okay, but it was really long after Mickey & the Magical Map ended (so avoid that time). Overall, you're best bet it to try and ride early or late in the day and avoid the prime afternoon hours. Good luck!

So I would still see the Grand Canyon/Primeval World section right? Because we can go all the way around and end up in Tomorrowland again? I will be parking my stroller there so we would have to end up there anyway.

Yes. The Grand Canyon/Primeval World is between Tomorrowland and Main Street and the new section of track is between NOS and Toontown. If you take a full circuit, you'll see both! Have fun!

Tomorrowland I would say, it's the most hidden and I think most people don't know it's there, or they don't want to walk over there. It's a bit out of the way..

I'd say it's between Tomorrowland and Main St. Tomorrowland always tends to have the shorter lines out of the four stations, but a higher amount of people tend to get off on Main Street. Definitely avoid New Orleans Square though as it always seems to be full.

Not possible. The train takes an elevated path over bridges as it passes SW land. There is no conceivable place to build a stop.

Thanks. We haven't been since it reopened. On the maps it looks like a couple spots where they could have a stop, but the elevation isn't obvious. It would have been nice!

I'm just curious if the lines for the railroad have calmed down recently? Anyone who's been there recently with a report?

Just as a heads up two weeks when we were there we headed straight for the Tommorowland station at park opening but the trains were delayed on getting started.
We checked back about 2 hour later and opted for NO square and only had to wait for one round as we had an ECV as well. So definitely the earlier the better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter