• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best tables on the dining plan

vacamouse

Earning My Ears
We just booked our vacation for mid-July and have selected the dining plan. We have a DD9 and the last time we visted WDW was when she had justed turned 5. We actually were thinking of another type of vacation this year since we went to Disneyland last year but she really wanted to return to WDW so here we go. During our last visit the park was not so crowded and reservations were not really required. This time I am expecting reservations are going to be required and am trying to plan the table service meals in advance even though our park days may need to be resuffled depending on weather. So, could everyone please weigh in on their choice of the best table service restaurants on the dining plan and at each location. For instance one at each park, the best of the resorts and at Downtown Disney.
I have noticed that EP seems to have the best number of choices but I am concerned about having a reservation in EP and getting there from another location considering July crowds. Thanks in advace for your help!

We went last July on the dining plan and have decided that it is perfect for our family. We ate at:

Table Services:

AKL: Boma for dinner, FABULOUS!! It was so good, we did it twice!

MK: Crystal Palace for breakfast: One of our favorites.

Epcot: Chefs De France: Loved it, would definately do again. The service was outstanding.

Epcot: Restaurant Marrakesh: Again, one of the best that we have ever had.

Epcot: Storybook Princess Breakfast, Norway: Never again! Yuck, the food was nasty and the service was crappy. The food is served family style, brought out in a skillet. Well, there are two different size skillets, one that looks like it is for two people, and one for families. She brought out the little skillet for us, even though there were three of us (teenager, not a little kid). When we needed more food, she acted like she was put out by us. She didn't want to give us refills, just feed us and get out type attitude. The characters were great, but to me this was not worth wasting a table credit on.

AK: Donald's Character Breakfast: This was okay, nothing outstanding, but nothing bad either. Great character interaction.

Counter Services:

MK: Casey's Corner: It was okay, just your basic hotdogs.

AK: Tusker House: One of my all time favorite counter services. The food here is aways so good!

MGM: Toy Story Pizza Planet: I got sick after eating here. It was extremely hot on that day, and the pizza was extremely greasy. I think I let myself get a little too hungry, ate a little too much, then went to the Indiana Jones Show. Between the heat, the smell of the fuel in the show, and the greasy pizza, I didn't feel very good. We have eaten there before, but I probably will just get a salad next time.

AKL: Mara: We went back to the room several days during the heat to rest during lunch, we would use our counter services at Mara. I love their food, it is always so fresh and tasty!!!

:wave: Personally we loved the meal and service at Norway (Akershus). The food was excellent, our server was friendly and did an excellent job serving us and the Princesses were very attentive and not at all hurried. I recently heard that they now serve family style for breakfast but not for lunch or dinner.

Good luck!

Let's see ... we loved ...

1900 Park Faire @ GF --- had dinner with Cinderella/Prince Charming & the mice
the buffet was excellent with lots of choices and great food

Coral Reef @ Epcot --- had dinner in front of the glass
the aquarium was the main attraction for our DDs and was worth the wait
we had an ADR but asked to wait for a table in front of glass (25 min)
the food was pretty good but the appetizers and the desserts were awesome
my DDs enjoyed their meals and were able to get child sized portion of the
salmon ... cute kids desserts too

Mama Melrose @ MGM --- did the Fantasmic Package ... the food was good ...
salad & flatbread was excellent ... my DDs had pizza (LOL) ... it was nice to
have the reserved seating for fantasmic

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter