Best time of day for stalking the RAT

okienick

Mouseketeer
So, I've got a few single night waitlists, and I've signed up for notifications on the ****** website. And I'm still obsessing, trying to piece my trip together. I have my home resort booked at BRV, but I REALLY want Poly in Oct for 4 nights. I have one night booked, just need the other 2 waitlisted single nights to come through so I can waitlist the last one.

My question is if there is a good time of day to check for availability? In theory ****** is supposed to let me know, but having just joined that, I'm not sure if I should be relying on that alone, or just stalking the RAT. I know it could happen virtually any time, but I'm just wondering if there is good time of day where there is more likely to have some openings. My thought would be first thing in the mornings when people can start changing their ressies, but is there anything else I'm not thinking about? I'm just obsessing over this...it will be fine at BRV, and we will still have an amazing time. So, I'm trying to manage expectations and still be hopeful to get what I really want!! Any advice?? :tongue: :bored: :yo-yo:

Personally I don't think there's a better time. It's more of a "you just never know" scenario. But for me the waitlist does well enough so take that into consideration. :goodvibes For me, stalking the RAT is looking for things that I can't waitlist.

Personally I don't think there's a better time. It's more of a "you just never know" scenario. But for me the waitlist does well enough so take that into consideration. :goodvibes For me, stalking the RAT is looking for things that I can't waitlist.

Yeah...I was thinking the same thing really. I'm just antsy...and IMPATIENT! :bored: I figure the waitlist will eventually come through. Thanks for the input.

You truly never know when people will release reservations.

****** was utterly useless for my recent stay.

My waitlists all came through without ever appearing there or at any time I checked rat or went into the Booking page. And I was checking rat and Booking every day.

You truly never know when people will release reservations.

****** was utterly useless for my recent stay.

My waitlists all came through without ever appearing there or at any time I checked rat or went into the Booking page. And I was checking rat and Booking every day.

I’ve wondered that. I was assuming that if my waitlist comes through I might “in theory” get a notification from ******. But I guess maybe not based on your experience.

I’ll just keep stalking it until either my waitlist comes through or I luck into it. Thanks for the input.

When stalking the RAT do you actually use the RAT or keep trying booking and hoping the availability will come? I’ve seen mention that the RAT doesn’t update that quickly so I’m wondering if it’s worth it.

When stalking the RAT do you actually use the RAT or keep trying booking and hoping the availability will come? I’ve seen mention that the RAT doesn’t update that quickly so I’m wondering if it’s worth it.

You know, I’ve only been using the RAT. Hadn’t really considered the booking engine. Maybe when I check I should just check there. Thanks for the tip. :flower3:

I use the RAT. If I were looking for just a single room then the booking engine would be ok but otherwise it doesn't show all the options.

The time right after the system opened seemed to be best (15-20 minutes after system opens). Also, again after the phone lines open (an hour later). Really though, in my experience, the availability changes pretty quickly throughout the day.

Last edited:
The time right after the system opened seemed to be best (15-20 minutes after system opens). Also, again after the phone lines open (an hour later). Really though, in my experience, the availability changes pretty quickly throughout the day.

I was thinking those times might be good too. At this point for my 4 nights I’m hoping for, I have 2 single night waitlists booked in Oct at the Poly, one of the nights booked and then will waitlist the last night when I get the others. I was assuming the waitlists might have come through pretty quickly as people opened up from walking reservations but they haven’t yet. So I’ll just keep checking a couple times a day and hope for the best. I do think you’re probably right about in the mornings as the windows open though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!