Best time to Visit Hilton Head

HatboxGhoul

There's always room for one more...
Looking at trying to get an idea of when to go to Hilton Head Island, haven't been before. I'm open for any time of the year but ideally sometime between Mid-April and Mid-September. Anyone have insight for Hilton Head Island not planning on doing much off property. Really just planning a vacation that's actually a vacation.

Any suggestions and help would be great.

Well, of course my opinion is that anytime you can get to HHI is the best time. However, based on what some CMs there have told me, September's best. Crowder way down, but the weather is beautiful. And since the ocean takes longer to heat up and cool down than the air throughout the year, spring will be colder in the ocean, but fall will be warmer. That said, we went once in late April and it was nice, weather-wise, but fairly crowded because that year, Easter was while we were there, as well as the Heritage golf tournament.

I swam in the pool when we were there for Halloween! Our other main visits have been in July and they have been hot! Our next planned vacation is for early May.

We have not been but folks here have reported jellyfish in August.

I was just coming to ask the same question. Just added on a small contract. We are deciding between July or August.

Looking at trying to get an idea of when to go to Hilton Head Island, haven't been before. I'm open for any time of the year but ideally sometime between Mid-April and Mid-September. Anyone have insight for Hilton Head Island not planning on doing much off property. Really just planning a vacation that's actually a vacation.

Any suggestions and help would be great.

We've been to HHI several times, but usually rent a house instead of using our DVC points. I would go in May or October if I wasn't tied to my kids' school calendar. June-August is very busy and hot. We went once during our fall break at the end of September and are going again this year. It can still be hotter than I prefer, but not as crowded. I think I'd prefer October weather for not as hot but still warm enough for the beach. Of course fall is hurricane season... We also went once in late May and it was very nice. Our favorite thing to do at HHI is bike, but we also enjoy the beach so warm but not miserably hot is my preference. Then again, I would much rather deal with the heat in July at HHI than at home! Since you are not planning to do much off property, I would just recommend avoiding the highest point season, which I'm pretty sure is summer months at HHI - hottest and beach/restaurants most crowded. The one time we stayed at the DVC resort we had a marsh view that we loved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter