Best title company for Aulani?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
My offer was accepted for an Aulani contract, my first with DVC and I was told some of the usual DVC closing companies dont handle Hawaii like Jeffrey Sweet. Now I am nervous about what I have got myself into. I didnt realize purchasing Aulani was so much different. Who is the best company to close on Aulani and what should I expect to be different?

I am not sure. I have just always used first American for aulani by default and it has gone smoothly.

I used First American and like it better, fees were lower, including title insurance. It's best to use a title office based out of Hawaii. Fidelity was trying to push me to use another title company that was higher price, and not including title insurance.

Great3

Ours was First American (Honolulu). We did not request a specific company. It was fine. Documents were sent promptly. Return emails were a little slow, and some state tax paperwork delayed the closing by a couple of weeks (title company's fault). Not sure that another company would be better.

I used First American and like it better, fees were lower, including title insurance. It's best to use a title office based out of Hawaii. Fidelity was trying to push me to use another title company that was higher price, and not including title insurance.

Great3
Do you happen to remeber what the fees were with First American? They came in almost $300 higher for us. I was just curious if their fees vary. I read more negative about first american than any other company so I was hesitant to go with them.

Do you happen to remeber what the fees were with First American? They came in almost $300 higher for us. I was just curious if their fees vary. I read more negative about first american than any other company so I was hesitant to go with them.

I closed with First American twice...

Fees for my first contract:

Title Charges & Escrow / Settlement Charges

Owner's Title Policy to First American Vacation Ownership Title and Escrow Services, Inc. 300.00
E-Recording Service Fee to First American Vacation Ownership Title and Escrow Services, Inc. 1.57
HI Escrow Fee (Taxable) $300.00 Sales Tax: $14.14 to First American Vacation Ownership Title and
Escrow Services, Inc. 314.14
Mailings to First American Vacation Ownership Title and Escrow Services, Inc. 50.00

Government Recording and Transfer Charges
Record Deed to Bureau of Conveyances 41.00
State Documentary Transfer Tax to Bureau of Conveyances 10.40

Miscellaneous
Document Preparation Fee to First American Title - Hawaii Accounts Receivable Dept. 157.07

Fees for second contract:

Title Charges & Escrow / Settlement Charges
Owner's Title Policy to First American Vacation Ownership Title and Escrow Services, Inc. 300.00
E-Recording Service Fee to First American Vacation Ownership Title and Escrow Services, Inc. 1.57
HI Escrow Fee (Taxable) $300.00 Sales Tax: $14.14 to First American Vacation Ownership Title and
Escrow Services, Inc. 314.14
Mailings to First American Vacation Ownership Title and Escrow Services, Inc. 50.00

Government Recording and Transfer Charges
Record Deed to Bureau of Conveyances 41.00
State Documentary Transfer Tax to Bureau of Conveyances 18.40

Miscellaneous
Document Preparation Fee to First American Title - Hawaii Accounts Receivable Dept. 157.07
Admin Fee to Fidelity Real Estate Agency 195.00

Note: Title Policy is optional, but I chose to purchase for $300
-On my 2nd contract, I had to pay $195 admin fee to Fidelity broker, so it's not really title company fee.

Of course prices can change, that was was what I paid. The title company office I used was based out of Hawaii. If other title companies are cheaper, I wouldn't know. I only had the estimated fee for one other company to compare to that Fidelity keep trying to get me to use, but I didn't.

Great3

Last edited:
stop overthinking it. Just use First American. They are way better for hawaii than they are for florida timeshare closing.

stop overthinking it. Just use First American. They are way better for hawaii than they are for florida timeshare closing.

This, I agree. In whole scheme of DVC ownership, total title costs is negligible. The FL based offices are probably bad from the reviews, but I didn't have any problem with the Hawaii office. First American is a big title company, so I feel comfortable that they will be there to stand behind their title policy if needed. Title insurance is only as good as the company that issued it.

Great3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter