Best transport and hotel option from FLL to Fort Lauderdale port

WDW4TheGirls

WDW4TheGirls
Leaning toward booking our first RC cruise in February. Ship leaves from Fort Lauderdale, and I would fly in the day before and spend the night in a hotel in case of weather issues. What is the best (reliable, affordable) way to get from the airport to hotel, and hotel to terminal? Any good hotel recommendations? Thanks for any insight!!

Leaning toward booking our first RC cruise in February. Ship leaves from Fort Lauderdale, and I would fly in the day before and spend the night in a hotel in case of weather issues. What is the best (reliable, affordable) way to get from the airport to hotel, and hotel to terminal? Any good hotel recommendations? Thanks for any insight!!
This is the second time we will be going out of Fort Lauderdale- so I am not an expert but we stayed close to the port and a taxi was $20. We are going to do Uber this time- cheaper for 6 of us. Most of the hotels have shuttles for a fee- around $7 a person. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on the 17th Street Causeway and this time we are staying at the Hyatt Place convention . Both are walking distance to restaurants and stores to get your wine :) look them up on the maps app and you can get a feel of what is around and where you want to go. Have a great trip!!!

I think a lot of this depends on when you get in and what you want to do once you're in Fort Lauderdale.

For example, if you get in late(ish) and just want to check in to the hotel and chill, then something close to Port Everglades would suffice. Most of these hotels have a shuttle to get there from the airport. I'd recommend a taxi/Lyft/Uber to get you to Port Everglades.

If you get in around noon and want to shop at Sawgrass Mills or just explore the area, you're definitely going to need a car, so look at places like Expedia for Hotel/Car packages. Look at Costco Travel for car rental rates.

For hotels, I stayed at Hyatt Place in August and it was a very nice hotel with free breakfast. There are a few other hotels in the area as well. The area has a Publix, Walgreens, Total Wine and a Dollar Store plus a host of restaurants, so it's an ideal area to pick up things you may have forgotten to pack, or to grab wine to bring aboard.

This is the second time we will be going out of Fort Lauderdale- so I am not an expert but we stayed close to the port and a taxi was $20. We are going to do Uber this time- cheaper for 6 of us. Most of the hotels have shuttles for a fee- around $7 a person. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on the 17th Street Causeway and this time we are staying at the Hyatt Place convention . Both are walking distance to restaurants and stores to get your wine :) look them up on the maps app and you can get a feel of what is around and where you want to go. Have a great trip!!!
We took a taxi from airport $20- didn’t want to wait for the free shuttle- most hotels have a free shuttle from the airport

Taxi. The hotel shuttles can be packed (you are not the only one going to the ship, and your ship is not the only ship embarking that day) and can take ages to go. Once you multiply the shuttle cost by 3 or more a taxi is cheaper. Rideshare is even cheaper.

We stayed at embassy suites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter