Best Travel Card for the US

aussiejen

Mouseketeer
Hi Lovely people,

We will be travelling to Disneyland in January 2018, i dont really want to carry a heap of cash on me so i am looking into a travel card.
Can anyone recomend a good one?

tia

We never use travel cards. We take a 28degrees MasterCard and a Citibank debit card. They are both fee free. No international transaction fees, usage fees etc. The exchange rate is excellent.
Travel cards usually have terrible exchange rates and charge to top up etc.
I've used the 28degrees card in the US, but also took cash for anything else. I didn't have the Citibank debit card then, but have used it in Japan to get cash from ATM's.

Its so hard especially with the AUS dollar so crap.... i will look into those cards thank you. :)

+1 for the 28degrees MasterCard - very handy & use it for online purchases from America (and anywhere else) too.

We have the citibank debit card and use it to purchase and withdraw cash from ATMs. No fees, no foreign transaction fees either.

We've just been approved for the 28 degrees MasterCard after recommendations on this board:laughing:. On our last trip we used the Westpac Global Card (or whatever they call it!). Would not recommend using as a guarantee on hotels. Westpac held onto our funds ( we were charged on the card at checkout but Westpac also left the hotels hold for the full amount for four weeks!!!). Apparently you are supposed to read the PDS (oops!) and I was supposed to get the hotel in Orlando to fax Westpac saying it was OK to release the funds?! So not using that again :snooty:

We've used a Cash Passport through ANZ our last few trips and this has worked out really well, especially with the app that shows an up-to-date balance as soon as you've spent something! You can load it up in the bank with the amount of currency you require and it takes a few days to load onto the card. It's provided by MasterCard, so is pretty much accepted anywhere MasterCard is. However, we've had a few places that wouldn't accept it as it doesn't have your name on the front of it, but this has been far and few between.

I ordered a cash passport from Commonwealth Bank when my son travelled with school to the US. You could walk in to the bank and get a card, but it wouldn't have your name on it. So I ordered it online, and it came like a normal debit card with his name on it. I didn't want him to be stuck with no money if they thought a 16yo boy had stolen someone else's card!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!