Best use of the two credit meals/experiences?

blam84

Earning My Ears
Considering doing a meal or experience worth two DDP credits. Which offer the biggest bang for your buck?

Edit: Not just financially, but the best experience and quality as well? This is for 2 adults, 3 kids (15, 11, 9). First timers!

Last edited:
https://wdwprepschool.com/disney-world-dining/disney-dining-plan/

If you scroll waaaaay down this page they have excel sheet style list of QS and TS. There are arrows to sort each column. It’s very helpful to get some ideas. Shows average price meal and maximum price meal total possible. Keep in mind that will often include the most expensive alcohol drink.

I sorted TS by 2 credits below. In the far right column it shows the max value of using each of the 2 credits, so basically those restaurants are up to double the cost of that last column.

IMG_0681.jpeg

Thank you! I guess I meant not just financially, but also for the experience and the quality. What do you think is the best use of 2 credits with that in mind?

I think we could use more info - 2 adults? Any previous experience with character dining, eating at CRT, or strong desire to do so?

Based on absolutely nothing else, I think Narcoossee's and Jiko are strong contenders, along with Toppolino's. I've personally always wanted to do LC but based on a desire from a long time ago and it sounds like it's not necessarily as good as it once was. Flying Fish and Disney Springs places don't really jump out at me. I'm pretty sure we went to Yachtsman's and it was okay but I don't remember dying to go back. But I've done Akershus and CRT and wouldn't use 2 credits at Brown Derby. Haven't been to Tiffins - so that's a wild card for me.

I think we could use more info - 2 adults? Any previous experience with character dining, eating at CRT, or strong desire to do so?

Based on absolutely nothing else, I think Narcoossee's and Jiko are strong contenders, along with Toppolino's. I've personally always wanted to do LC but based on a desire from a long time ago and it sounds like it's not necessarily as good as it once was. Flying Fish and Disney Springs places don't really jump out at me. I'm pretty sure we went to Yachtsman's and it was okay but I don't remember dying to go back. But I've done Akershus and CRT and wouldn't use 2 credits at Brown Derby. Haven't been to Tiffins - so that's a wild card for me.
Sorry! More info: This is for 2 adults, 3 kids (15, 11, 9). First timers!

- We have really enjoyed Tiffin's and Jiko, for interesting and beautifully plated food.
- Boathouse is tasty and would likely be a decent use of 2 credits - our meals there have been very pricey. Disney Springs restaurants have never disappointed us (Morimoto, Wine Bar George). They seem to offer more interesting choices and need to stay on their toes since they don't have a captive audience.
- We ate at CRT when the kids were much younger and the food was unmemorable but fine, however, eating in the castle has its appeal.
- Narcoossee - My memories of it is that it lacked the beautiful presentation of Tiffin's, Jiko and Cali Grill and the menu wasn't particularly interesting (more on the plain side). But, it closed for an extended period for renovations and we have not been back sine it re-opened and we would try it again.
- Topolino's - gets great reviews (especially the burrata appetizer!) and the setting seems special. We have not been there, but maybe this next trip!

- We ate at CRT when the kids were much younger and the food was unmemorable but fine, however, eating in the castle has its appeal.
- Narcoossee - My memories of it is that it lacked the beautiful presentation of Tiffin's, Jiko and Cali Grill and the menu wasn't particularly interesting (more on the plain side). But, it closed for an extended period for renovations and we have not been back sine it re-opened and we would try it again.
- Topolino's - gets great reviews (especially the burrata appetizer!) and the setting seems special. We have not been there, but maybe this next trip!
I'd definitely agree with these, given the update with kids. And I totally get wanting a good value - but I say lead with your heart. If it sounds like a good experience for you and your kids (and you know your own style best), it'll be "worth it" no matter what you choose.

I know you said it is not all about the money, but I think as first timers you won't really notice much of a difference between good value replacement options and 2 credit experiences.

Want a steakhouse? Steakhouse 71 is one credit.
Character meal in a nice location? topolino's breakfast
Character meals in general, Tusker House and Chef Mickey's offer good characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter