Best Way From DL For An Early LAX Flight

jhaig

Not The First To Pass This Way
We have a flight leaving LAX at 7am (on a Wednesday morning) and we will be staying at the DL Hotel. We will not have a car, so what would you say is the best option for getting to LAX in time? Are there any shuttles running that early or should we go with Uber? Also, what time should we get to the airport to ensure enough time to get through security, etc?

You'll want to allow a good chunk of time for TSA. I've been through it quickly (less than 15 minutes), and not so quickly (an hour on a Sunday afternoon). Two years ago, I flew out of a different airport (PDX) on a 7am flight on a Wednesday, and, holy cow, I was shocked at the TSA lines at that time. 4:45am and there were LOTS of people on there. Point being, it's kind of shocking how many people are flying out at 6-7-8am on random weekday mornings, and LAX is a busy busy place, so I'd plan on an hour at TSA. If it's less, then yay! If it's more, then you have built that time in and aren't going to fret about missing your flight. Or maybe it's just me--I had to run for a flight once, totally thought I was running on time when they did the final boarding call--so, I really plan that everything is going to take longer than it should!

I wouldn't move to a different hotel. There will be no traffic when you have to leave (around 4:15 as PP suggested sounds right to me). I would Uber.

I wouldn't move to a different hotel. There will be no traffic when you have to leave (around 4:15 as PP suggested sounds right to me). I would Uber.

I was just worried about Uber's being out that early. Guess I won't worry about it. Is it about 30 min from DL with little to no traffic?

Try SuperShuttle. My older son had an early flight on New Year's Day (7am) 2 years ago and SuperShuttle picked him up at 4am at GCA. I booked online and it was $17. He said there were only 5 people in the van and he was at LAX in less than 45 minutes.

How much am I looking at with Lyft/Uber.. trying to see which options are best for my budget.. to and from LAX
Go to their websites for an estimate. If you're a first time rider look for a promo code right before your trip when you set up an account.

I’ve never been more scared on super shuttle. I’ll never ride with them again.
Happened to me too! Rush hour away from LAX pre-Uber. You know the area with all the junk to the left of the fast lane? On the other side of the line? IT'S NOT A LANE. Mind blowing I know.

This is what I've used for estimates and it's been pretty good. It's in 'real time' so will show surge prices if they're in effect when you price your trip so if you're looking at 'future fares', bear that in mind.

http://uberestimate.com/costs.php

You can also get fare estimates on Uber and Lyft's website.

THx everyone.. It looks like about $100. as I really do not want to pool?? I may be better off with a shuttle or private car, any suggestions?

Head over to the parking attendant desk or ask at the front desk at the DL hotel. They often have flat rate vouchers for taxis to different destinations. It means you hand it to your taxi driver and they can't charge you more then the voucher. Fyi some taxi drivers try to ignore them so they can charge you the meter price. Just hand it over at the start of the ride and it should be fine.

We had a 7am flight from LAX last Saturday. We were staying at Homewood Suites and pre-booked Lansky. They picked us up at 3am (our flight was to Canada so we were meant to be there 3 hours prior). We went with them as they were able to provide car seats. The cost was $120 and they used a big suburban so lots of room for the 4 of us and lots of luggage! The trip took about 40 minutes and honestly we could have left an hour later as none of the check in counters opened until 4:45am anyways! I totally recommend Lansky - not the cheapest but reliable, clean and maintained cars, professional drivers, and CAR SEATS!

So say we grab an Uber at 415 and get to LAX by 5am. Our flight leaves at 7am. Am I missing anything that would slow us down?

So say we grab an Uber at 415 and get to LAX by 5am. Our flight leaves at 7am. Am I missing anything that would slow us down?
A car accident, Uber driver going off-course (both Lyft drivers I used last month went different ways than what their GPS advised), construction delays, a back-up at TSA due to understaffing... I'm a catastrophe-ist, lol, so I can come up with lots of things that could slow it down!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter