Best way to book/best value?

eac578

Mouseketeer
We are looking to add universal to the end of a week at Disney in August. I have one tween who loves thrill rides and haru potter, and a teen with ASD who loves water parks/pools and hates roller coasters, likes HP.

My thought is to do Tues late afternoon to Sat early morning at Cabana Bay. 3 day park to park ticket with waterpark. We really wanted to get express pass for at least one day, considering upgraded hotel for one night?? That seems like a pain to check out/check back in repeatedly? 4 nights at a deluxe is out of the budget sadly. I am considering booking 4 nights cabana bay and one night with an extra room at the cheapest deluxe for the express pass.

I have had a hard time figuring out how to get the best deal, are there any discounts or likely to be any upcoming? I saw a 4 day ticket deal, that might be better even if we don't use the 4th day? Or would I be better off booking a package deal?

If you go to UO late Tuesday, stay off site or at the lowest cost hotel at UO and hit City Walk in the evening
Check in to the lowest priced premier hotel early Wednesday morning.
Your hotel key card gives you unlimited ep that day and the next day for the parks

On Thursday, relocate to lowest priced hotel onsite
Since you leave Saturday, I’d skip the water park and use the hotel pools of your choice

price out park tickets and the UO water park
Compare those prices to a ticket package
Go with the best deal

We are looking to add universal to the end of a week at Disney in August. I have one tween who loves thrill rides and haru potter, and a teen with ASD who loves water parks/pools and hates roller coasters, likes HP.

My thought is to do Tues late afternoon to Sat early morning at Cabana Bay. 3 day park to park ticket with waterpark. We really wanted to get express pass for at least one day, considering upgraded hotel for one night?? That seems like a pain to check out/check back in repeatedly? 4 nights at a deluxe is out of the budget sadly. I am considering booking 4 nights cabana bay and one night with an extra room at the cheapest deluxe for the express pass.

I have had a hard time figuring out how to get the best deal, are there any discounts or likely to be any upcoming? I saw a 4 day ticket deal, that might be better even if we don't use the 4th day? Or would I be better off booking a package deal?

I just booked almost this exact trip! 4 days at the parks in August, staying at Cabana Bay! I booked through Costco to save a few bucks!

I’m not liking the room rates under the Savvy Traveler
$435 a night for dates I want to go
Sept 27 for 9 nights
The other option is book September 25 or 26and room rate is $434 on a Saturday compares to 263 for a Friday

if I went to UO Monday it is $433 a night
I liked the SMSM rate program better as prices are better for me

I have three hotel changes for 3 park days so it's all up to you (we're driving so will have a car which makes it easier). Arrive friday afternoon stay off site in holiday inn. Check into Royal Pacific saturday EARLY AM for EP for sat/sun (leave luggage in car all day likely at RP parking lot). Stay at RP saturday night. Check out sunday morning Early and load luggage into car (need to find out if they'll transfer it for you but i don't think it matters in our case with the car). Can leave the car in the RP parking lot until midnight without getting charged again. We then check into cabana bay for sunday night (which we may do in the middle of the day for a break from the parks since we'll still have EP). Monday we're going to Volcano bay so EP doesn't get us anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter