Best way to DL from Long Beach Hotel?

Ukladmok

Earning My Ears
After about a dozen trips to WDW I'm finally going to get a chance to see Disneyland. I'm going to be out in Long Beach for a conference and have an open date my first day out there. Figured I'd use it to see the park.

I was wondering if any locals could tell me the best way to go about getting there. Looking at Map Quest it is only about 22 miles door to door. Is it feasible to take a cab from my hotel in Long Beach to DL? Or would it just be cheaper/easier to rent a car for the day?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi,

I would rent a car. Depending on the time of day and day of the week, that 22 mile drive can be a little lengthy. If you rent a car, you can leave whenever you get ready. Where in LB are you staying? It might be more helpful to take surface streets than the freeway.

A cab from the LB airport to the resort is about $35, which would be $70+ round trip. It would probably be cheaper to rent a car!

Oh I'm in Long Beach! I would rent a car...gotta have a car in Ca!;) If you do decide to drive yourself...here are two options:

You could take the 405 to the 22 take the Harbor exit North, go about 3 miles and you're there. Or....

If you're staying at the Long Beach Marriot...then you could just take Willow Blvd. which turns into Katella which takes you all the way to DL! It really is very easy taking the streets this way. This is how I go, even on the return home, it's beats the traffic on the 405!

I'm staying at the Holiday Inn on Lakewood Blvd. It looks like it's on the corner of Willow Blvd. so that side street route may be the way to go.

I'm from NYC originally so my first instinct is always to take a cab. This time I think I'll go with the rental car. Thanks for everybody's help with this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter