Best way to get from LAX to Anaheim

Thalia16

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I am headed out to Disneyland for the first time next August. This will also be my first time in California. I'm used to being able to take Disney's Magical Express from the Orlando airport to my resort in WDW. I haven't been able to find anything like this available for Disneyland, so my question is what transportation service do you all use to get from LAX (or even SNA) to your hotel?

Thank you so much in advance!

We've used Karmel Shuttle on our last 2 trips to Anaheim from LAX and can definitely say they have great service along with the journey. This is their shared van experience.

The company who we used for various trips when we were there in October are http://www.********************.com and even though it is not yet mentioned on their website, they can also do pickups and dropoffs between LAX and Anaheim hotels, plus to other airports if required.

We've done Lyft 3 times from LAX with no issues. Definitely our preference.

I rent a car and drive

My folks overlook this option. I have gotten rental cars cheap outta LAX and been able to get a rental car and pay for parking for the same price an Uber would have cost me round trip. While it is not always viable or cost effective, sometimes it can be the best option.

We also fly into SNA and use Uber/Lyft. LAX is too stressful for me.

I am also looking to plan my first trip. What in particularly makes LAX bad? A LOT of people seem to have a strong dislike for it.

I have only used LAX as I fly international into California. I have never had any issues BUT I can see why people dont like it.

Its a U shaped airport with a one way traffic system. Terminal 1 is at the start and terminal 6 at at the end, with the international terminal in the middle.The traffic can be really bad, it can take up to an hour to get from terminal 1 to terminal 6 during busy times.

I am also looking to plan my first trip. What in particularly makes LAX bad? A LOT of people seem to have a strong dislike for it.
The drive is longer in worse traffic. The airport is stark compared to sna which feels friendly.

With my kids we fly to sna.

Flying solo next month I’ll be at lax because the flights worked better.

If flights are non-stop and/or cheaper I don’t have a problem flying into LAX.

I have only used LAX as I fly international into California. I have never had any issues BUT I can see why people dont like it.

Its a U shaped airport with a one way traffic system. Terminal 1 is at the start and terminal 6 at at the end, with the international terminal in the middle.The traffic can be really bad, it can take up to an hour to get from terminal 1 to terminal 6 during busy times.

If I get off at Terminal one for example, is there an internal shuttle system to get to Terminal six and avoid all that mess. As always, I appreciate your help!

If I get off at Terminal one for example, is there an internal shuttle system to get to Terminal six and avoid all that mess. As always, I appreciate your help!

yes there are shuttles between each terminal BUT they use the same general traffic route.

All traffic is on One World Way, from hotel shuttle bus, shared vans like SuperShuttle, regular Taxi, owner driver cars. There are a few lanes and the traffic marshals try to keep the traffic moving BUT it can get very congested.
lax.JPG
There are two levels, arrivals and departures

We fly into SNA or LGB. They are both closer to DLR (less traffic) and smaller and much more laid back (especially LGB). transportation (taxis, shuttles, etc.) is cheaper from both as well.

Hello!

I am headed out to Disneyland for the first time next August. This will also be my first time in California. I'm used to being able to take Disney's Magical Express from the Orlando airport to my resort in WDW. I haven't been able to find anything like this available for Disneyland, so my question is what transportation service do you all use to get from LAX (or even SNA) to your hotel?

Thank you so much in advance!

We have used Lanskys; they are a private vehicle service. We have also used Lyft as well. We have no preference over the two except Lanskys is always waiting for us and ready to go when we get there and we have to get luggage then call for a lyft. We occasionally rent a car (like we are next week) but my husband prefers not to do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter