Best way to get from LAX to Anaheim

I am also looking to plan my first trip. What in particularly makes LAX bad? A LOT of people seem to have a strong dislike for it.

Its really a hit or miss, and every day is different. Certain days the traffic will be light on both arrivals and departures, and other days it will be jammed pack. When airport police close the traffic towards the departures ramp coming off Sepulveda Blvd, it really jams the arrivals traffic.

Leaving LAX in the AM is not bad since you’re going against traffic, but after 2pm, then you’re facing traffic. Recently, I’ve started noticing moderate traffic starting around 5am on the 405 towards LAX. So just keep that in mind.

I am also looking to plan my first trip. What in particularly makes LAX bad? A LOT of people seem to have a strong dislike for it.

As others have mentioned, traffic can get pretty backed up and it can take awhile to get to your terminal if you aren’t 1 or 7 (there’s a shortcut from 1 to 7). Sometimes it’s not bad at all. Each terminal has its own security though, so that part tends to go quicker than at an airport where everyone goes through the same security before heading to their terminal.

I don’t mind LAX at all actually, especially compared to airports in other cities I’ve lived in (Denver, Chicago).

I don’t know.

If I were local and picking people up I’d hate it, but as a traveler it’s simple. Each area has its own security and is kind of self contained, so unless you’re connecting to or from an international flight it’s simple. Checking in is simple and getting your bags is simple.

Traffic can be icky, but I’ve been stuck in traffic getting to Sna as well.

If I get off at Terminal one for example, is there an internal shuttle system to get to Terminal six and avoid all that mess. As always, I appreciate your help!

What would be your purpose in doing this?

Over the years we have used various shuttle services when we did not drive in our own car. A few years ago we tried the Disneyland Resort Express and will be using them for as long as they are in business. They were convenient, on time, friendly and competent drivers, good price, comfortable ride.

Of all the options from LAX to Disneyland/Anaheim, ride sharing is the best and cheapest option.
Unless you have a shuttle offered from the hotel then go ride sharing.

Its always the cheapest option even if you have a family and have to Uber/Lyft w/ an SUV.

Hi,

I live close to Disneyland and always used get stuck on the shared shuttles to Disneyland when coming and going to LAX. I stopped using those ($120 ish round trip for two people) because they would take 30 minutes to pick everyone up or drop everyone off at the hotels and houses around the parks.
7 am- 10 ish I would plan for 2 hours just to get in the airport and same with 3-8pm. Other times, it COULD be an hour, that is the curse of OC/LA traffic. Weekends are hit and miss too. The terminal is just like a parking lot and doesn’t move much, that is why others suggest the smaller airports (LGB, SNA) which are much smaller and almost in and out. Shuttle waits for the Disneyland Express (which is shared with local residents like me) has a wait at times up to 30 minutes at the airport. They wait until they have a full shuttle too. Uber/Lyft waits can be 20-30 as well, all depending on time of day and traffic (which exists 20 hours a day).

Uber and Lyft have been about $50 each way for me, so cheaper than the shuttles and more direct, which is why I switched over. The shuttle drivers can be very aggressive as well, and I haven’t felt the most safe with them either. I felt much safer with Uber and Lyft.

I have been out of LAX four times this year, but prefer ANY other airport, even BUR if I can swing it.

I also used to work up by LAX. Not a fun commute from Oranf County!

What would be your purpose in doing this?

Basically, I was wondering if it would save time, if there was a traffic jam within the confines of the airport. Based on what yous guys have been saying LAX seems hectic but very manageable!!

We live in Anaheim but will use Disneyland Express to get to LAX on our next trip later this month. We think it's more comfortable than other options in the same price range. Now to find those discount codes...

This will be my first visit next week, but I can't imagine that Uber/Lyft isn't easily the best option. No need to make reservations, find your driver, etc. And you get dropped off right at your hotel, no sharing rides, etc. And it's about the same price. Seems like Uber/Lyft has made all these other options irrelevant and they are only still around because of inertia. But maybe I'm missing something?

This will be my first visit next week, but I can't imagine that Uber/Lyft isn't easily the best option. No need to make reservations, find your driver, etc. And you get dropped off right at your hotel, no sharing rides, etc. And it's about the same price. Seems like Uber/Lyft has made all these other options irrelevant and they are only still around because of inertia. But maybe I'm missing something?

Lyft is the best option if you’re on your own. Right now on Lyft, the estimated price is $50 for a one way from LAX to DIS with estimated travel time of 1 hour...which sounds about right. I’ll have to check later on to see if that changes or not. For sure the travel time will change, but not sure on the rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts