Best way to get to parks before rope drop from DS hotel

Bella749

Mouseketeer
We will be staying at the Double Tree DS hotel for our upcoming trip. I am reading from others that it is recommended to arrive to the parks at least 45 minutes to an hour before rope drop to try to get on the more popular rides without a very long wait. How early does DS hotel buses leave in the morning before park opening? What would be the best way for us to arrive at the parks an hour before opening?

As long as you board the very first bus that picks up at your hotel you should make it in time for RD.. As stated by writerguyfl, bus service to DS hotels starts 1 hour before park opening..

Uber. While at the B we were able to get an uber in about 5 minutes every day.

Would Uber be cheaper than paying for parking at the park? I think it's $22 a day to park. Also, we are 5 people. Would we have more of a difficult time finding an Uber car to fit us all?

Would Uber be cheaper than paying for parking at the park? I think it's $22 a day to park. Also, we are 5 people. Would we have more of a difficult time finding an Uber car to fit us all?
I think you would need an uber xl for 5. For just my husband and I it is so much better to uber. No rental car and no making fees.

From the B to the boardwalk average about $11.00
From the B to AK average about 16.00
From the B to the Grand Floridan was about $14.

All estimates include a $2 - $3 tip

So between $22 - $32 a day round tip. So very worth it. Especially for the AK because the drop off is as close as you can get!

Uber xl would be more. You can download the app and do an estimate

I think you would need an uber xl for 5. For just my husband and I it is so much better to uber. No rental car and no making fees.

From the B to the boardwalk average about $11.00
From the B to AK average about 16.00
From the B to the Grand Floridan was about $14.

All estimates include a $2 - $3 tip

So between $22 - $32 a day round tip. So very worth it. Especially for the AK because the drop off is as close as you can get!

Uber xl would be more. You can download the app and do an estimate

Thank you for the info!

I would uber to the Park of your choice in the AM.
For MK - i would uber to the CR and walk to MK

Take the bus back to the resort
Get a snack before you wait for the bus back.popcorn::
Review what you want to do the next day while waiting for the bus :)

I would uber to the Park of your choice in the AM.
For MK - i would uber to the CR and walk to MK

Take the bus back to the resort
Get a snack before you wait for the bus back.popcorn::
Review what you want to do the next day while waiting for the bus :)

Thank you! Sounds like a good plan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter