Beverly Hillbillys do HRH

TinkKel

Mouseketeer
I hate to sound like a hick, but being a frugal single-mom, this will be my first visit to a nice resort. My question is this...I plan on using Valet parking when we use the resort. Do you pay when they park the vehicle for you, or do they add it to your hotel bill? Also, how much do you typically tip for valet service, and how much does it cost? How do you get your keys back? I don't want to look like an idiot when I pull up to the hotel, and don't know what to expect. I would just like to save some time by having the resort park the car for me. Thanks!

Good question, I to hate to be backward too but how do you tip the bellboys. I understand 1$ per bag,,, when?? the pick up or deliver?

Thanks

Thanks for bringing that up too, Sokay! I'm used to hauling my own bags up to the Hotel 6. LOL I've been saving/planning this trip for 3 years, I can't wait to laz around the pool and be treated like a queen! :smooth: Though I'm more of a :jester:

Valet- You don't need to tip them when they park your car, you tip about $2 every time they bring the car to you. I haven't stayed at a Universal resort yet, but I imagine they do the same as everywhere else-the valet will give you a claim ticket and will keep your keys.

Bellman-You tip about $1 per bag each time. In other works on arrival and then again on departure.

If you happen to use the concierge and they make dinner reservations for you, it's customary to tip about $5 to $10 depending on the level of service, maybe more if they had to bend over backwards to secure the more elusive reservations.

Tinkkel

I notice you said you were trying to save $$. We have stayed at HRH on several occasions and always self park for $6 per day. The self park lot is conveniently located to the front desk area and takes only about 5 minutes. We bring our bags up to the front door then once they are taken care of, we go to park.

Just a suggestion to save some $ on parking and tipping. Of course if your kids are pretty young, you may be better off valet parking since you will not have another grown up with you.

When we have stayed at RPR, one bellboy takes our bags out of the car and into the lobby and another one will then take them up to your room. You have to tip twice. On our last trip, we tried saying "no" to the bellmen when we pulled up but of course they insisted on taking our bags in. We checked in and got our room immediately so we tried taking our bags up to our room on our own, but again a bellboy came rushing up from nowhere to help. They do work hard for their tips and most we have encountered are very friendly and helpful with all kinds of information. If you want to avoid some of the tipping, I would suggest carrying your bags into the hotel. You probably won't be able to if you use valet parking. We always carry our bags out by ourselves at check-out.

When I use valet, I usually tip the guy who parks the car and the guy who returns it to us. Maybe I'm tipping too much?

Technically, you can tip when they park and bring you the car, but as far as etiquette is concerned, it's not a must. In this instance, I think it depends on what you're used to and comfortable with.:D

We use the self park, and have the bellmen help us with the bags on the way into the hotel.
When we're ready to leave, DH usually takes a bag or two (or three) down the night before- and we move the rest ourselves in the morning. It's usually no more than 3 bags; or two bags and a cooler.

We've stayed at the HRH twice, and PBH once- we have two trips planned this year (weekends) and DH got to pick the hotels. Of course one trip is for his birthday. He picked PBH.

Just remember- you're on vacation!! The hotel is beautiful, and the staff never looks down their nose at anyone (that I've seen). DH wasn't all that happy with the HRH last trip.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter