Bibbity Bobbidy Boutique, worth it?

RoseBen009

Earning My Ears
Hello! Our family is planning on visiting WDW early next year and I'm debating whether or not to book my 7 and 10 year old daughters an experience at the Bibbity Bobbidy Boutique. My 7 year old is definitely a girly girl, but my 10 year old not so much....however, if she sees her sister getting to do something, she wants in on the action as well! I thought it'd be a cool way to get inside the Castle. I've read that you can get the least expensive package and purchase dresses ahead of time. Can anyone share their experiences? Did your kids love it? Do they walk around all made up for the rest of the day? Did they look like they should be in an episode of toddlers & tiaras ;)?? Best times to reserve a spot? Thanks in advance for your help!

A couple of things:
1. As of this past Monday, the boutique in MK was moved into the old girls' costume shop across from Sir Mickey's (no longer in the castle). Maybe this is temporary? No idea.
2. No matter which experience you choose, it's over priced. Just hair, makeup and nails is $75. So yes, you can do it yourself for free.

Last spring when my daughter was 7, she went with one of her good friends (9). They both brought their own dresses (comfy cotton jersey ones we bought on Etsy) and we got them the low-end hair, makeup and nails package. They both loved it. It was an afternoon appointment (3 or 4) and we had dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table that night too (7:30 ish). So they walked around dolled up for a little while. I'm sure they would have liked to have an earlier appointment.

My daughter keeps pestering me to do it again. I think I would let her do it again (but only with that friend). I think the shared girlfriends experience is what made it special, etc.

As the PP pointed out, BBB really isn't in the castle anymore. We haven't done it since the change which I believe to be permanent, but I'm fairly certain that any change leading to more space is a positive one. It was so crowded where they had it before. Our girls have always liked it and do stay dolled up for at least the day, our youngest brings a silk scarf to wear on her hair so it actually lasts several days with a touchup along the way with some gel we bring from home. I don't think the makeup is gaudy or too much so no toddlers and tiaras look. A caveat to the dresses-we don't go when it's hot-our trips are typically in the winter so that may extend the life of the princess dress wearing. Another thing to keep in mind-skip the princess shoes. Our girls typically wear Disney Store dresses, but never ever the shoes. Buy some sparkly tennis shoes at home, you'll be glad you did. The posed pictures they take after the experience are nice as well and included in Memory Maker. They will do ones of your girls individually and together if you ask.

A couple of things:
1. As of this past Monday, the boutique in MK was moved into the old girls' costume shop across from Sir Mickey's (no longer in the castle). Maybe this is temporary? No idea.
2. No matter which experience you choose, it's over priced. Just hair, makeup and nails is $75. So yes, you can do it yourself for free.

Last spring when my daughter was 7, she went with one of her good friends (9). They both brought their own dresses (comfy cotton jersey ones we bought on Etsy) and we got them the low-end hair, makeup and nails package. They both loved it. It was an afternoon appointment (3 or 4) and we had dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table that night too (7:30 ish). So they walked around dolled up for a little while. I'm sure they would have liked to have an earlier appointment.

My daughter keeps pestering me to do it again. I think I would let her do it again (but only with that friend). I think the shared girlfriends experience is what made it special, etc.
Oh man. I didn’t realize it wasn’t in the castle anymore 😭. I have it booked for July with my daughter. The one in MK is more convenient for us than DS because we having dinner at Be our guest that night.

My DD did it when she was 13 ( I know that’s too old now, this was about 13 years ago when it was still pretty new and only in downtown Disney) she bought her own Belle dress,( she was a very tiny 13 year old, ) and got the smallest package. She felt like such a princess. Would totally do it but man $75 seems steep to me!!!!

We're doing it with a 6 y.o. for our upcoming trip, but bringing our own dress, crown & shoes and getting the least expensive package. I did it years ago when I brought my niece and did the package that included everything. She loved it, but it was pricey.

Yes, I is pricey, even if You bring your own dress, but for my DD4’s birthday it was definitely worth it. The attention from the CMs and at the M&Gs was priceless. We had dinner at CRT that day and she still talks about it. The knight’s package (we got this for our sons) was a wasn’t bad. They were given swords and shields to “protect” the princess. I would think changing the location should make it a little better because it’s larger and you have to go there for the pictures anyway.

When did it move out of the castle? We were there on January 12th and while the dress selection and check in area was outside the castle, the actual hair and makeup was done inside the castle.

When did it move out of the castle? We were there on January 12th and while the dress selection and check in area was outside the castle, the actual hair and makeup was done inside the castle.
Thank you for verifying...this is what remembered too (you were actually there on my daughter's birthday, BTW :-)). We were there right after the renovation and I distinctly remember them leading us from Castle Couture to the old location in the castle for the actual makeover.

My daughter loves it, and she's outgrowing things so fast I wouldn't miss it if I had the chance. We also bring our own more-comfortable dress and sparkly Crocs. If you're lucky enough to get an 8 AM appointment (on a day that's not EMH or EMM), it could also work out as well as a PPO breakfast. We prefer lunch at CRT (we usually go in August), so it works well for us.

Every time we have gone to Disney (except the one year we did the Pirates League as a whole family), my daughter has gone to BBB. Each time we just did the hair and makeup package and brought her own costumes. The only exception was for her 5th birthday, we did the whole giant package. She knew going in that this was a birthday gift, so she did not receive a ton on her actual birthday. The last time she could do it was in 2015 when she was 12. She was super sad that she couldn't do it any more. She will be 17 when we go in August this year and she is still really bummed that she can't do it OR wear a costume in the park anymore. LOL So she settling for themed outfits that she is putting together for her favorite Disney characters. If she could wear a costume, she totally would. Anyway, yes, it is a bit expensive, but the whole process is such a fun time for the girls. And that hair will last for days if you don't get it too wet. LOL

Hello! Our family is planning on visiting WDW early next year and I'm debating whether or not to book my 7 and 10 year old daughters an experience at the Bibbity Bobbidy Boutique. My 7 year old is definitely a girly girl, but my 10 year old not so much....however, if she sees her sister getting to do something, she wants in on the action as well! I thought it'd be a cool way to get inside the Castle. I've read that you can get the least expensive package and purchase dresses ahead of time. Can anyone share their experiences? Did your kids love it? Do they walk around all made up for the rest of the day? Did they look like they should be in an episode of toddlers & tiaras ;)?? Best times to reserve a spot? Thanks in advance for your help!

My daughters are the same way (older one not into girlie stuff, younger one all about it). We did BBB on 2/10. They are 8 and 5.

I think the younger one loved it and the older one wanted to like it, but it certainly wasn't her favorite. She was way more excited building a lightsaber. The older one was pumped about the little bag you take home with stuff inside. They both took great pictures, especially afterwards at Sir Mickey's. We did ours right before CRT dinner on purpose to go with the theme.

Take your own costumes, unless you MIL or mom is coming with you and they are willing to pay.

Not sure we'd do it again to be honest. Just like the CRT, it feels like a one-time experience to me.

We took our daughter to her first BBB appointment last September. She likes dressing up so it was right up her alley. The dress was beautiful, and and didn't affect her ability to ride rides or do activities at all during the day. We of course went to Cindy's right after she got done, and got some really cute pictures. If your kiddos like princesses then I think they would love the experience, if not, then don't waste your money. I mean building lightsabers is pretty awesome!

My daughter with her face smashed against the face guard while getting "dusted" 😆

At those ages, I would just ask them what they want to do. If older sister says no, I would tell her she can spend her $75 on BBB or choose something else. But make sure she knows she won’t be able to get an appointment with her sister if she changes her mind.

My DD loved the princesses when she was younger, but we never did BBB. She was sort of skeptical of the tight hair (although I think they have some more natural hairstyle options now) and walking around in the heat in a big dress. I just didn’t want to pay all that money for her to not love it. I sort of regret it now, but oh well. She never said one word about seeing girls all dressed up, so I guess she didn’t care. We did the mermaid makeover at Pirates League, which was awesome and cost much less. I wish it wasn’t closing!

My daughters are the same way (older one not into girlie stuff, younger one all about it). We did BBB on 2/10. They are 8 and 5.

I think the younger one loved it and the older one wanted to like it, but it certainly wasn't her favorite. She was way more excited building a lightsaber. The older one was pumped about the little bag you take home with stuff inside. They both took great pictures, especially afterwards at Sir Mickey's. We did ours right before CRT dinner on purpose to go with the theme.

Take your own costumes, unless you MIL or mom is coming with you and they are willing to pay.

Not sure we'd do it again to be honest. Just like the CRT, it feels like a one-time experience to me.
Ha! You know, I bet my oldest would love the lightsaber thing too! I appreciate you telling me your family's experience.
At those ages, I would just ask them what they want to do. If older sister says no, I would tell her she can spend her $75 on BBB or choose something else. But make sure she knows she won’t be able to get an appointment with her sister if she changes her mind.

My DD loved the princesses when she was younger, but we never did BBB. She was sort of skeptical of the tight hair (although I think they have some more natural hairstyle options now) and walking around in the heat in a big dress. I just didn’t want to pay all that money for her to not love it. I sort of regret it now, but oh well. She never said one word about seeing girls all dressed up, so I guess she didn’t care. We did the mermaid makeover at Pirates League, which was awesome and cost much less. I wish it wasn’t closing!
Oh, I bet they'd love the pirates thing! It's closing?! :(

We took our daughter to her first BBB appointment last September. She likes dressing up so it was right up her alley. The dress was beautiful, and and didn't affect her ability to ride rides or do activities at all during the day. We of course went to Cindy's right after she got done, and got some really cute pictures. If your kiddos like princesses then I think they would love the experience, if not, then don't waste your money. I mean building lightsabers is pretty awesome!

My daughter with her face smashed against the face guard while getting "dusted" 😆
View attachment 476544
Thanks for sharing!
As the PP pointed out, BBB really isn't in the castle anymore. We haven't done it since the change which I believe to be permanent, but I'm fairly certain that any change leading to more space is a positive one. It was so crowded where they had it before. Our girls have always liked it and do stay dolled up for at least the day, our youngest brings a silk scarf to wear on her hair so it actually lasts several days with a touchup along the way with some gel we bring from home. I don't think the makeup is gaudy or too much so no toddlers and tiaras look. A caveat to the dresses-we don't go when it's hot-our trips are typically in the winter so that may extend the life of the princess dress wearing. Another thing to keep in mind-skip the princess shoes. Our girls typically wear Disney Store dresses, but never ever the shoes. Buy some sparkly tennis shoes at home, you'll be glad you did. The posed pictures they take after the experience are nice as well and included in Memory Maker. They will do ones of your girls individually and together if you ask.
So where exactly is the Boutique now? Is it in a space right next to the Castle?
Pardon my ignorance, but what's Cindy's?

Thanks for sharing!

So where exactly is the Boutique now? Is it in a space right next to the Castle?
Pardon my ignorance, but what's Cindy's?
It's in the old gift shop across the "street" from the castle. At least that is my understanding, they have been doing a lot of renovation work. I believe Cindy's is in reference to Cinderella's Royal Table. I will say that even BBB before it was moved didn't really feel like it was in the castle because it was on the first floor. The only way to truly go into the castle is to eat at CRT.

[QUOTE="RoseBen009, post: 61602127, member: 662511"

Oh, I bet they'd love the pirates thing! It's closing?! :(
[/QUOTE]
It’s closing this summer, unfortunately.

I would do it! It’s such a fun experience. I’m sad they are closing the pirates league too. We went three years ago and my not so girly girl did pirates league with her brothers and got an awesome pirate dress they carried (it was stupid expensive, but worth it). She looked darling. My oldest and youngest went to BBB and we brought our own dresses. I also got them see Kai run gold leather sandals to wear that day. They were soft as butter and still looked pretty with the dresses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!