Big Foot ~ Is It A Myth?

Hisgirl

DIS Veteran
I have always been fascinated by the mystery surrounding Big Foot.

So many people who are considered respectable members of a community will report to the local sheriff seeing an 8-foot tall hairy creature who was walking like a man, but they are horrified at any attention or being interviewed.

What would they have to gain to make this up?

Some folks say it has to be a bear, but people who live in bear country, see bears all the time. They show up in our yards, pull down our bird feeders etc and we know what a bear looks like.

So what did they see?

Two separate families told a Big Foot researcher they had seen a Big Foot with a gimpy arm. They both lived near the same state line, both separate stories, not knowing one another.

Folks will say, 'If they exist, why don't we see their skeletons?'

Maybe they take care of their own. Heck, how many bear skeletons have I come across? None.

What are your thoughts or stories?

A creature as large as Bigfoot is reported to be leaves behind evidence of its existence. Scientists have had no problem discovering and cataloguing over 2 million animal species on Earth so far (with a total estimate close to 9 million species of living things in total). While it's certain that not all animals have been discovered yet, its highly unlikely that something this large, living in an area that is highly developed and inhabited by humans, has been able to stay undetected for this long.

Yeah, I don't really think there is anything to it. I mean, I'm sure they are seeing something, but it probably is just a bear or some other animal. The mind plays tricks. I can remember one time I saw this big, white wolf while driving down a highway through a wooded area. Now, in my mind, I remember seeing his as this really big, and stark white wolf, like some kind of spirit almost. I only saw it for a second though and it was late at night, and I know that most likely it was just a regular grey wolf (or maybe even just a coyote) sitting by the trees.

While I'm confident there are species we have yet to discover I'm highly skeptical that an 8 foot tall mammal living in a developed country is among them. Insects in the jungle? Microscopic organisms that only live in very deep water? Sure. Big Foot? No.

Big Foot is one of those odd urban legends that can almost be semi believable at times. There is a group around here that used to go Big Foot hunting all the time. And swear they saw one. We don't have bears or at least not large bears (honey bears are quite small). Even had a guy from here get killed while hunting for Big Foot. He accidently shot himself or something, I don't really remember the details.

We live close to Black Creek which is very long and quite wooded in places. People all along that creek that don't know each other have told the same stories. I don't believe the thing exists but their stories can be fascinating.

I will say though, that it is possible for a large mammal to live close to the creek I mentioned and not be seen. When I say wooded, it is very thick wooded. Hunters can get through a lot of it but there are parts that are impossible to hike through. But, people do canoe the creek so if something like that lived along it, seems like at some point someone would have seen one going for water or running to hide or something. Someone with a camera or a phone or something!

2gukbi.jpg

this summer during our trip to San Francisco and Humboldt County to see the redwoods, we took a day trip to Willow Creek, CA and the Bigfoot Museum.

If I was ever going to believe Bigfoot exists, I'd believe it lived there. There's no way anyone has explored every inch of that vast forest. It's fun to think about, regardless of the truth behind any of it. I hope it does exist, just because it's refreshing to think that something like that manages to stay hidden. And I'd like some pointers on how it manages that, LOL.

I do not believe in Big Foot. I think by now if it did exist, there would be some concrete proof of him/it/she/whatever. Skeletons, real videos, a body... something.

My Father is a big conspiracy theory man and he is a big believer. He talks about Big Foot as much as he talks about Jesus so much that my 4 year thinks they are on the same parallel. My husband and I are not religious so that one mostly amuses us. My dad also thinks the earth is flat, the girl scouts turn little girls in to communist lesbians, black cumin (? I've never seen "black" cumin at the grocery store, only "ground" cumin) cures cancer but the government doesn't want us to know.... he has a lot of conspiracy theories that I think are "crazy" but he believes them and he is hopeless to argue with so I just don't.

But the sasquatch tracker has also attracted his fair share of controversy, with some in the Bigfoot community saying he faked video footage of a sasquatch. He makes money running weeklong sasquatch-seeking expeditions, charging US$4,800 for a “breathtaking adventure” in the Canadian wilderness.

Yeah, he doesn't have any motivation or anything...

I do not believe in Big Foot. I think by now if it did exist, there would be some concrete proof of him/it/she/whatever. Skeletons, real videos, a body... something.

That's why it isn't really possible. Could the creature itself stay hidden? Unlikely but possible. Could it hide all evidence of it's existence like fecal matter, evidence of hunting, remains? I don't think so.

I lean towards believing there is such a thing, perhaps a type of gorilla creature? There have been too many credible sightings and some of them have to be true. As far as finding the bones? I live surrounded by a huge national forest, talk about wilderness. There are a lot of black bears which frequent our property each year. We spend a lot of time in the woods, and have never, never seen deer bones or any other large animal for that matter. There are huge amounts of deer here, and you would think their bones would be found. I always try to keep an open mind about these things. Maybe one day we will all find out:)

Big Foot is one of those odd urban legends that can almost be semi believable at times. There is a group around here that used to go Big Foot hunting all the time. And swear they saw one. We don't have bears or at least not large bears (honey bears are quite small). Even had a guy from here get killed while hunting for Big Foot. He accidently shot himself or something, I don't really remember the details.

We live close to Black Creek which is very long and quite wooded in places. People all along that creek that don't know each other have told the same stories. I don't believe the thing exists but their stories can be fascinating.

He must not have been wearing his tinfoil hat. While looking for big foot, the aliens mind controlled him and made him shoot himself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter