Big Foot ~ Is It A Myth?

Thee used to be a show called Finding Bigfoot on, I think, Animal planet. Teams of researchers would go check out big foot sightings, usually in the pacific northwest. they would NEVER find anything conclusive, just lot's of "Yeah, a squatch has been here, see the marking on the tees? That was left by a squatch." They called them squatch, short for sasquatch I guess. They would go out into the night and any sort of sound, or howl was a "squatch" in the distance. They were quite convincing. They had a theory for the "why is there now evidence of one" crowd, but I can't remember. They felt there was a whole society of them and they somehow stayed hidden. It was interesting, but felt very played up for the cameras.

I lean towards believing there is such a thing, perhaps a type of gorilla creature? There have been too many credible sightings and some of them have to be true. As far as finding the bones? I live surrounded by a huge national forest, talk about wilderness. There are a lot of black bears which frequent our property each year. We spend a lot of time in the woods, and have never, never seen deer bones or any other large animal for that matter. There are huge amounts of deer here, and you would think their bones would be found. I always try to keep an open mind about these things. Maybe one day we will all find out:)

Do you not understand how scavenging and decomposition works?

Thee used to be a show called Finding Bigfoot on, I think, Animal planet. Teams of researchers would go check out big foot sightings, usually in the pacific northwest. they would NEVER find anything conclusive, just lot's of "Yeah, a squatch has been here, see the marking on the tees? That was left by a squatch." They called them squatch, short for sasquatch I guess. They would go out into the night and any sort of sound, or howl was a "squatch" in the distance. They were quite convincing. They had a theory for the "why is there now evidence of one" crowd, but I can't remember. They felt there was a whole society of them and they somehow stayed hidden. It was interesting, but felt very played up for the cameras.

They visited the next town over from us when we lived on the WA/ID boarder. No one had ever had a credible sighting, yet they came to research the area claiming that they have many reports. For a rural area news like a sighting would have made the news big time. They apparently had to advertise pretty hard to get people to attend one of their town hall meetings as there were plenty of skeptics.

As for me, while I'd like to believe I'm doubtful. Sure there are remote places where something may have once existed or a species can remain hidden, but something that big is doubtful. I will occasionally watch "documentaries" on the subject for fun. But Big Foot hunting shows kill a few brian cells, so I avoid them.

I don't believe Big Foot exists, but I'm not going to definitively say that it doesn't...

I DO however believe in the Loch Ness Monster. Lots of footage of that, sonar readings and so on and plenty of water to hide in. Call me mad of course :)

Do you not understand how scavenging and decomposition works?
I’m not the poster you quoted and asked, but I also spend a lot of time in and around the woods. It’s strange to think of but I get what the other poster is saying. Last year I trapped dozens of animals, I almost never stumble upon a dead animal just laying about, and that’s what I think the PP was alluding to, that just as we rarely come into contact with dead animals that we see daily, it’s possible to not see a “Big Foot” skeleton.
Personally though, I don’t know what I don’t know.

Big Foot, Yeti, and sea monsters (Nessie, Champ, etc) give us something to believe in. We know that Big Foot/Yeti have been talked about in various cultures for centuries, so clearly they are based on experiences of some sort. Not saying that the original stories weren't created to scare kids from going into the woods, but that anything is possible. And like any story the details may have been exaggerated with each passing generation.

Now while I'd like to believe in those myths, there are more recent urban legends that I don't believe in like Moth Man (not sure if that's the name).

I live out in the woods about 30 miles to the closest store see a lot of deer turkeys
And black bears but no big foot yet

Attachments

• 501BB72E-9A30-4505-A27F-5C141C492D41.png
    501BB72E-9A30-4505-A27F-5C141C492D41.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 8

I'm one of those that wants to believe … I like to think that the world still has incredible possibilities. I went to a Kim Russo lecture yesterday, not because I believe in Mediums, but because I want to (I got a reading, btw!) ;)

There has been some bigfoot/Yeti evidence that gives me pause. One example is the Yeti footprint on display at Expedition Everest, found by Josh Gates. He was literally miles into a snowy white nowhere, snow coming down, when they found that print. Does make me wonder...

Bigfoot, no. Chupacabra....???

5d329020c550543cc3fd71d8253de293.png

Now while I'd like to believe in those myths, there are more recent urban legends that I don't believe in like Moth Man (not sure if that's the name).

Mothman is a local-ish "legend" where I'm from. I don't believe in it, but my papa used to go out looking for it when he was younger....probably quite a bit of alcohol involved, if I had to guess. The festival was last weekend, and some people must believe in it. They were paying to be driven out to the area where it was supposedly seen.

Last edited:
I lean towards believing there is such a thing, perhaps a type of gorilla creature? There have been too many credible sightings and some of them have to be true. As far as finding the bones? I live surrounded by a huge national forest, talk about wilderness. There are a lot of black bears which frequent our property each year. We spend a lot of time in the woods, and have never, never seen deer bones or any other large animal for that matter. There are huge amounts of deer here, and you would think their bones would be found. I always try to keep an open mind about these things. Maybe one day we will all find out:)
I agree. Too many possible sightings and the people don’t know each other.

I've been fascinated with Bigfoot since I was a kid, and as such, I believe. I certainly don't believe that every sighting it a Bigfoot, but I do believe something's out there. One thing's for sure: Bigfoot is the hide-and-seek champion of all time. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!