• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Big Question: Is the castle covered now?

grinningghost

<font color=green>Has a thing for the Swiss Family
I'll be at DL next Saturday and I need to know if the castle is still covered. Thanks. :sunny:

No, it's not covered as of last Tuesday. It looks beautiful.

Unless they covered it while I was sleeping... :)

iasw has some parts covered. It looks like they might be working on the topiaries.

From what I understand they are not going to cover the castle again. They are done with all the painting and will put on the final touches/decorations on May 4th.

I am so happy to hear this -- we will be arriving 1 month from today!!!

Thanks everyone. I'm really happy about this. There was some talk of them covering the castle again before the 50th. I would have been bummed, as I've never seen Sleeping Beauty castle before. I NEED a picture of me in front of it - preferably with no tarps. ;)

It was never covered. You may have seen pictures of the DL castle actually covered in tarps.

Jamesbyr said:
It was never covered. You may have seen pictures of the DL castle actually covered in tarps.

I'm confused. You say it was never covered, but I may have seen pics of the castle covered. Yes, I did see pics of it covered in tarps, so wouldn't that mean it WAS covered? Or were the pics fakes?

It wasn't covered, say, like you cover a table in a tablecloth. It was more surrounded but a curtain. :) Emphasis on WAS. ;)

Boston Tea Party said:
It wasn't covered, say, like you cover a table in a tablecloth. It was more surrounded but a curtain. :) Emphasis on WAS. ;)

In other words, it was OBSCURED. But now it isn't. :teeth:

Does it have the gold on it yet? I saw pictures of the WDW castle, and it looks absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to see how the DL castle looks! My little princess (2) firmly believes it is HER castle, and she will be so excited to see it all decorated. She invites the checkers at the grocery store to come to her castle at Mickey's House, but she tells them they will have to get a dress and shoes. She's hilarious! princess:

I don't have a shot of it in the daylight. (Thank you for bringing that to my attention.) Yes, the gold is on it. I love it. It reminds me of when I was a kid and Tink would fly by it at the beginning of Wonderful World of Disney. Here's a night shot. :)

f4e34cdc.jpg

Thanks for the photo! I can't wait to see it in person in a few short weeks! I love to the gold too. I think they're doing a very tasteful job on the castles for this celebration. I know the birthday cake idea for the 25th anniversary of WDW was criticized heavily, but I personally liked it. This time I think more people will approve of the designs. What's not to like? :wizard:

We just got back and the castle is now kinda a orange and gold color didn't it use to be white and blue? It looked pretty good and definatley dosn't need any touch up paint

The DL castle is pink and blue--always has been. Some people thought it was white because the pink paint was really faded to a pinkish white. Now it's a very bright pink.It's not orange, but some of the pink paint has a salmon tone to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter