Biggest Purchase in your life

Do student loans count? I'm still paying mine off, I graduated in 2004.

but that's not really a one-time purchase so if it doesn't count then I'm going to have to say it was my most recent Disney trip.

Probably our beds. We’re saving up for a car now so ask me again in the fall lol

One 5 year and one 4 year college educations for our children. Cost more than the house did originally.
I didn't think about college, or 13 years of private school tuition for my 2 kids. That would be number one on my list

A 40 foot cabin cruiser we had while in FL. Thank gawd it's gone now!!! Cost waaay more than our first couple of houses.

College education for both my kids, and fishing boat for my dh. It is one fancy boat. And a couple remodeling projects to our home.

Education except that prob doesn’t count as a one time purchase - it was 4 years.

So I’ll say hospital bills for having a baby. ( is that considered a purchase? I was paying for surgery etc. )

If not, Then travel to Europe for two weeks.

I don’t know how much a funeral costs exactly but I’ll prob be listing that soon.

( this was a really hard question. My initial response was nothing if we couldn’t count house or car.)

Last edited:
Over time I'd say college for my son. Single big purchases would be new roof and central air/heat.

Our Motorhome! Took a 10 year break from Disney and got into camping & ATVing. Some amazing memories and zero regrets. We easily camped 50+ nights a year for several years in a row.

Yup, trips definitely count.
Then it would totally be trips, although I see as the thread progresses people are counting in home renovations, which would definitely be #1 for us. We don't have much of anything for expensive "stuff". I'm kind of a notorious cheapskate. DH just spent $300 on a high-end electric razor and I just about :faint: .

Then it would totally be trips, although I see as the thread progresses people are counting in home renovations, which would definitely be #1 for us. We don't have much of anything for expensive "stuff". I'm kind of a notorious cheapskate. DH just spent $300 on a high-end electric razor and I just about :faint: .

Yea I probably should have excluded anything related to the home :-)

If you exclude anything related to the home and school...

I think it was our two-week Disney trip in 2010. $6,000.
Following that, we did have a one-time medical bill to the tune of $5,000 (our portion, the total was over $50,000) back in 2001.

Probably our bathroom. Who knew total remodelling was so expensive? (Everyone except us, apparently) Anyway, it’s done now and it looks great and we won’t be getting it done again in our lifetime!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter