MY Birthday Trip Report March 2012

Cast:
Me - 29th Birthday. 4th trip
DH - loves roller coasters, beer and making his family happy :) 4th trip
DS1 - age 3.5, cars and toy story mad. 1st trip
{ DS2 - age 10 months, stayed at home with Granny & Grandad! :-O }

Date: 21-24 March 2012

Day 1
We got up at ridiculous a.m. for our early aerlingus flight from Dublin to CDG Paris. DS was kitted out in new Disney clothes and was very excited. We had planned on getting the TGV from CDG to Disneyland, but we hadn't booked our tickets in advance and the next train was booked up and we had to wait over an hour. :-( But not to worry as it was very quick once we got on the train and it was still very early in the day.

We checked into DLH and I fell in love with the place. <3
We got our park tickets, meal vouchers and fast passes and off to the parks we went! The weather was great. I had brought a light jacket but I didn't wear it once. We headed for Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast, which was by far DS's favourite ride and we went back on it many times!

We watched the parade before heading to Fantasyland and had a go on Dumbo and the Teacups.

We went to Cafe Mickey for dinner. We enjoyed this a lot and I thought it was a great way to meet characters without queuing. We met Mickey, Minnie, Tigger, Goofy and Eeyore and got autographs and photos.

I had made some pictures of the characters to put beside their autographs and we got good reactions from the characters when they saw them.

We had HB premium vouchers and ended up having one spare as we used the cash value. More on this later!

It was great having our hotel at the entrance to the parks and not having to get the shuttle bus. We all fell into bed, exhausted!

Day 2 - My Birthday
My second time being in DL for my birthday. I had been on a day trip with DH back in 2005.
Breakfast at DLH was a lovely experience. Very calm, no queuing, great selection of foods. I had pancakes with bacon and maple syrup, yum!

There was a character meet and outside breakfast every morning too.
Again, it was so handy being so close to the parks, we just walked out the door of the hotel and we were there!

We headed to the studios for the day. We were excited about the new Cars ride and Toy Story playland.

We loved both. DS was able to go on Slinky Dog and the Toy Soldier Parachute drop but not RC Racer. Parachute drop was the longest queue we did in the whole trip - 30 mins. He loved the Cars ride too.

DH and I were keen to go on Crush's Coaster but the wait was never less than 80mins. :-( We went on Tower of Terror and were going to bring DS but he was too short. I was glad we didn't as it was quite scary! We did baby switch which was great.
We went to Restaurant des Stars for lunch and met Remy when he came to our table.

We watched Stars & Cars, Stitch Live, and Playhouse Disney. DS slept through the latter, which was a pity as he would have liked it!

Dinner was Inventions, which I LOVED! I liked all the buffet restaurants that we ate at, but the selection is so much better at Inventions. And you have the characters! I had booked a birthday cake for myself when making our ADRs and Tweedle Dee brought it to our table. I was delighted as he's one of my favourites. :)

The cake was yummy (even though they got my name wrong!) and far too big for just 3 of us!

We finished the evening with a drink in Cafe Fantasia. I caught a glimpse of a tech rehearsal through the windows of DLH for Dreams, which started the following month.

Day 3
We had booked the Cowboy Cookout BBQ in Frontierland for lunch so we went to the main park for the day. The food at the BBQ was good, but I have to say, I was disappointed with the characters. We had expected to meet Woody and Jesse, but they were nowhere to be seen. We met Mickey etc. and Gipetto.

We ate in California Grill for dinner, which was DH's favourite meal of the trip. I have some photos of the meal; I'll put them on the restaurant review thread.

Day 4
Hometime :-(
Our flight wasn't until the evening so we had a good few hours in the parks. DS wore his Buzz Lightyear costume and we headed to the Studios to meet the REAL Buzz at his meet & greet. DS was thrilled.

We wanted to try out Buzz's Pizza Planet so we headed there for lunch. We had one Premium Meal Voucher left over from our first day so planned on using the cash value of this towards our meal. A very rude and unhelpful CM refused to let us use it. :-( Thankfully DS wasn't disappointed. We went to Plaza Gardens instead and used the voucher there. We did our last bit of shopping before heading back to CDG on the TGV. :-(

A fantastic holiday, we all had a ball and vowed we'd be back! :thumbsup2

Oh how cute.

My boys have the same hats with cars. I love those.

I want to stay in pink palace too. Got more photos?

Would you believe I only took one photo inside the hotel. I'll post it this evening.

Oh my, how could you? Just one photo? Now you must come back and make more :lmao: you've got another reason to stay in pink palace :rotfl2:

dhidra said:
Would you believe I only took one photo inside the hotel. I'll post it this evening.

Looking forward to your review of the California Grill. Great pics & I love your Ds's Rex hoody! So cute!

Oh my, how could you? Just one photo? Now you must come back and make more :lmao: you've got another reason to stay in pink palace :rotfl2:

I know I know I'm sorry! We really wanted to go back but HNY was about €500 cheaper so we decided to try it. Another time though, definitely!

Looking forward to your review of the California Grill. Great pics & I love your Ds's Rex hoody! So cute!

It's so long ago, I can't remember much about the meal! But I took photos of the food for some reason!

I dunno. We've decided not to go on our next trip, even though we'll be on the premium dining plan. it's probably the least child-friendly restaurant in DLP.
But your kids are older than mine. From what I remember, the children's meal choices were good; DS had burger & chips. I think the menu is more child-friendly than Auberge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter