Birthdays at DL

teacherkaren

Mouseketeer
Myself and 2 friends all have our birthdays the last week of Nov. so we are going the weekend of Nov. 30th. I know there are a ton of ideas for DW and where to get birthday cakes and such, but what about DL? Any suggestions on how we can celebrate and where to order a special cake or the like?

You can order one at Goofy's Kitchen at the DLH! It is a fun place to eat dinner too! DTD has the Rainforest which is fun and you can order a volcano cake there for about 13 dollars I think! It is a lot of fun!

We leave next week and will be celebrating DH's birthday. I have made PS for blue bayou and lilo and stitch's breakfast. I told the CM we were celebrating a birthday so we will see what happens. I can post when we return.

I will tell the resort @ check in and we are buying tickets for the Sunday Gospel Brunch so I will let them know as well. I hope there will be a FREE desert or something for DH's birthday.

There is a Happy Birthday Party at the DLR at the Plaza Inn located at the end of Main Street on the right hand side. The celebration includes a party hosted by Pat E. Cake and includes a cake to decorate, plastic Mickey cup filled with punch, party hat and Character Greet. Last time we were there, it was $10.00 per person, not including park admission. It's very cute, I've done it for both of my kids birthdays every year, just because of the great photo ops.
Happy Birthday!! :cheer2:

SparklePower said:
There is a Happy Birthday Party at the DLR at the Plaza Inn located at the end of Main Street on the right hand side. The celebration includes a party hosted by Pat E. Cake and includes a cake to decorate, plastic Mickey cup filled with punch, party hat and Character Greet. Last time we were there, it was $10.00 per person, not including park admission. It's very cute, I've done it for both of my kids birthdays every year, just because of the great photo ops.
Happy Birthday!! :cheer2:

I knew about this one but we are all in our early 40's. Think it would be appropriate? Does the picture taken with Mickey cost more or is it included in the $10?

rsschneck said:
We leave next week and will be celebrating DH's birthday. I have made PS for blue bayou and lilo and stitch's breakfast. I told the CM we were celebrating a birthday so we will see what happens. I can post when we return.

I will tell the resort @ check in and we are buying tickets for the Sunday Gospel Brunch so I will let them know as well. I hope there will be a FREE desert or something for DH's birthday.

That would be great if you could let me know how it all goes. I'll be curious what you think of the Blue Bayou as well.

I'm looking forward to hearing your report as well, since the next DL trip I am planning will be for DH's 40th birthday in March 08.

teacherkaren said:
That would be great if you could let me know how it all goes. I'll be curious what you think of the Blue Bayou as well.

I have always loved the Blue Bayou! We will see if they have changed it at all with the new POTC ride. I almost did not book this restaurant because the prices have jumped up so much, but my trip would not be complete without at least one Monte Cristo!

teacherkaren: I think it's totally appropriate for 40somethings.... they have kids of all ages celebrating their special days ;)
I have seen 1st birthdays and 70th birthdays...
Unfortunately, the pics are not included in the $10 price... but you can use your own camera for the exact photo op. Hope this helps!

rsschneck said:
I have always loved the Blue Bayou! We will see if they have changed it at all with the new POTC ride. I almost did not book this restaurant because the prices have jumped up so much, but my trip would not be complete without at least one Monte Cristo!

hello fellow Portlander.
I like you, love the Blue Bayou. I found that lunch menu is generally cheaper ,at least it use to be. it seems everything is going up in prices these days. We didnt get a chance to go on our last trip, but we are heading to DL in spring of 07 celeberating two DD's birthday, It will be a must stop. looking forwards to hearing about your trip.

Have a great Birthday DH :cool1: :dance3: :cool1:

SparklePower said:
teacherkaren: I think it's totally appropriate for 40somethings.... they have kids of all ages celebrating their special days ;)
I have seen 1st birthdays and 70th birthdays...
Unfortunately, the pics are not included in the $10 price... but you can use your own camera for the exact photo op. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info. I kind of assumed that the photo wasn't included. I've walked past when they were doing the party and it looked fun, which is what the 3 of us, who are all Disney fanatics, are looking for.

We are back!

We stayed at the Grand Californian. After we checked in I called Guest Services and told them when DH'd Birthday was and they sent up 4 or 5 balloons, a picture of Donald (DH's favorite character) and a Birthday button to wear all day.

When I had made PS for Lilo and Stitch and Blue Bayou I told them it was DH's birthday. At BB the server had a chocolate mouse with a candle brought out and they sang HB. At Lilo & Stitch they brought out a brownie with a candle. When DH went to the tortilla factory you get 12 tortilla's in a bag if you are wearing your birthday button. DH received a FREE soda at the McDonald's in DCA when he ordered DD a hamburger and fries. Lots of Happy Birthdays from CM when you wear your Birthday Button. It was a nice day!

We are back!

We stayed at the Grand Californian. After we checked in I called Guest Services and told them when DH's Birthday was and they sent up 4 or 5 balloons, a picture of Donald (DH's favorite character) and a Birthday button to wear all day.

When I had made PS for Lilo and Stitch and Blue Bayou I told them it was DH's birthday. At BB the server had a chocolate mouse with a candle brought out and they sang HB. At Lilo & Stitch they brought out a brownie with a candle. When DH went to the tortilla factory you get 12 tortilla's in a bag if you are wearing your birthday button. DH received a FREE soda at the McDonald's in DCA when he ordered DD a hamburger and fries. Lots of Happy Birthdays from CM when you wear your Birthday Button. It was a nice day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter