Bits and bobs

Emmafleur

Mouseketeer
Our holiday isn’t until next August but with Christmas coming up I’m starting to think about some of the extra little bits of ‘magic’ I can buy for the family (I have three grown up children and my sons girlfriend who I’m going to WDW with). So, the things I’m looking for advice on are:

Trading pins - my two girls have a few but sons gf has never been so I’d like to get her a starter pack. Everywhere seems so expensive. Can anyone point me in the direction of some cheap pins to get her going please?

Lanyards (to put the pins on). I’ve seen some cheap ones on eBay - is that the cheapest place to look?

Personalised drinking bottles (adult ones). Or does anyone know what I could use to personalise plain drinking bottles with please? I know they won’t wear holiday t-shirts but I’m thinking they would really like holiday bottles.

And, finally, I really would love to get them something along the lines of the Disney gift cards that I hear people talk about but I can’t seem to find anywhere over here in the UK that you can buy them from. Can they only be bought in the US?
Thank you so much for any help with any of these little things :love2:

I haven't traded pins for years so can't help with that - sorry.

On the gift cards they can only be bought in the US. :sad1:

I haven't traded pins for years so can't help with that - sorry.

On the gift cards they can only be bought in the US. :sad1:
Thanks. That’s a shame about the Disney cards. I guess I could just get them some dollars

I see you say no to holiday t-shirts but have a look in Primark for Disney t-shirts for about £8. I have one with Walt Disney quote something like Growing Old is mandatory but growing up is optional. I was stopped so many times wearing that. Lots of Chip t-shirts at the moment, one with a picture of Chip says sometimes the best teacup is chipped. Primark also sell water type bottles with Disney characters on, Disney bags including backpack style with Mickey ears or fold up bags for your pocket and handbag. Neck cushions for the flight in a Mickey and Minnie style.

Hope this helps.

Trading pins - my two girls have a few but sons gf has never been so I’d like to get her a starter pack. Everywhere seems so expensive. Can anyone point me in the direction of some cheap pins to get her going please?

Lanyards (to put the pins on). I’ve seen some cheap ones on eBay - is that the cheapest place to look?

Ebay is the right place for pins as well. You can buy packets of 25-50 pins for less than a pound each. They won't be the prettiest, but as long they're official Disney pins the CM will have to accept them for trading. It's a very good way to have some fun without breaking the bank.

More details about this idea here:
http://www.disneytouristblog.com/pin-trading/

Maybe just invest a bit more on the lanyards, it's what they'll keep back home, so buy something themed to what they like.

Thank you. I’ve ordered some pins from eBay and a lanyard ready for Christmas. I’ll have a look in Primark - I’d forgotten that they do Disney things. Now just to find some water bottles that I can write on :drinking:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!