Bitten by the Disney bug and looking for ways to save! Swagbucks?

MelbellMac

Earning My Ears
We took our first Disney trip in October of this year and were bit by the Disney bug! Now we want to return ASAP! We are looking at our budget to see what we can trim in order to divert money into a Disney fund and are also looking for other ways to earn extra funds. Can anyone explain Swagbucks to me and how you earn money using it? What can one person realistically expect to earn in a month?

Thanks for any tips you can offer to help get us closer to another Disney trip!

We took our first Disney trip in October of this year and were bit by the Disney bug! Now we want to return ASAP! We are looking at our budget to see what we can trim in order to divert money into a Disney fund and are also looking for other ways to earn extra funds. Can anyone explain Swagbucks to me and how you earn money using it? What can one person realistically expect to earn in a month?

There's an entire thread devoted to SB. The regular posters are very nice and helpful. Try reading there (start about 10 pages from the end since it has been around foir a while). Then ask specific questions about the program if you'e unclear on something.

I know there's another thread, but Swagbucks can be pretty great if you do it right. Every 2500 points will earn you 25 dollars in gift cards or Paypal. If you want to pay for Disney trips, I'd suggest you do Paypal. I turn mine in for Amazon cards. Depending on whether you meet daily goals, qualify for surveys, and take them up on offers that earn you more in SBs than it costs you (I did a Gamefly 2 month trial for 10 dollars that paid out 2500 SB so I netted 15 dollars), you can make a decent chunk of change each month. With extra offers, SWAGO boards, I'm pulling in enough to earn about 100 dollars in gift cards in a month. YMMV. There's a lot of additional things you can do to get small amounts of points, but also be wary of signing up for additional websites that want personal information for something like 10-15 points.

I started Swagbucks about two weeks ago and am up to $20. I don't try very hard at it, and I'm not much of an online shopper either. Most of my earnings have been from the surveys and from my normal web searching. I figure if I can average $1 per day for minimal effort, that'll get me $365 by this time next year -- a little extra for Christmas. Not bad.

I quickly learned the surveys were a waste of my time; but purchasing gift cards for my routine purchases should get me a few hundred dollars a year in SB.

Swagbucks is only useful if you have money to spend, like so many of these "money-saving" products these days. It's not going to save you any money because you have to spend money.

Especially when you consider that money=time!!!

If you have free time during your work day to take a survey or two and try and complete some of those bonus activities, it's easy enough to earn a few bucks. I agree having some money to spare to get the best deals is what really makes SB profitable.

I quickly learned the surveys were a waste of my time; but purchasing gift cards for my routine purchases should get me a few hundred dollars a year in SB.

That's rather brilliant -- thanks! I should probably be purchasing gift cards to Walmart, for example, somewhere I shop and spend money at anyway, and then that way I'm earning a percentage back in points.

edited: I guess they don't have them to Walmart. A lot of food places we use though. Better than nothing!!

Last edited:
I find a lot of the sb earning to be somewhat passive requiring a little work when I'm already on the computer. It also doesn't take money to earn on there. I average making 25 a week and don't do a ton of surveys or spend money unless it's something I already want/need.

Swagbucks is only useful if you have money to spend, like so many of these "money-saving" products these days. It's not going to save you any money because you have to spend money.

I respectfully disagree. I don't do sign ups or surveys. I don't spend a dime on SB unless they have the best cashback offer when i do online shopping. I run ncraves and the apps all day with very little interaction and I manage to redeem for $25 in either Target GCs or PayPal 3-4 times per month.

Check out the SB thread, we're newbie friendly over there :)

I'm a hardcore swagger. I strive to earn $5 a day and cash out every 2 days.
I go for walmart GCs to use at sam's club. they sell discounted Disney GCs.
all of my trips this past year have been paid by SB. I was even able to get an Annual pass with all the GCs I earned. Good luck!

Thanks for the tips everyone! I’ll definitely spend some time reading the swagbucks thread and trying to catch up. Hoping to at least help put a small dent in the cost of a return trip to Disney.

I'm glad you enjoyed your first trip so much! The first time we went I did the same thing. Planned another trip for the next year. Disney is a place you have to experience to understand. The second trip I was much more prepared.

Totally disagree...the only time I spend money to get Swagbucks is if I am already spending money on the purchase like booking a stay through hotels.com or buying a gift card through mygiftcards.com. I earn between $25-$100 a month swagging without spending any money...surveys, watching videos, etc. You do not have to spend anything to earn $25 a month easily, which adds up to $300 more in my Disney fund than I had last year. I dedicate an active 30-60 minutes a day.

Im going to disagree with this. I don't spend money on Swagbucks. I do surveys, watch video and fill out free sample offers. My goal is to make my daily goal each day which is around 100. Since the beginning of November Ive earned 200.00. I don't spend any more time online than I did before November, I just now spend it on Swagbuck site instead of disboards or facebook.

I've told a lot of friends about how I have earned hundreds of dollars in free gift cards by doing Swagbucks. When they look into it, they all say the same thing....it's too much work to earn a few cents a day. Eh, to each their own. Obviously, it's completely doable. I work a full-time job, I have two daughters with school activities to deal with and all the other things that go along with being a wife and a mother. I still manage to squeeze in Swag time and it has been quite profitable for me. I started in July 2014 and I've earned about $975. I started out VERY slow (like probably less than $200 in the first 2 years) but once I started really getting tips from here on the DIS, my earnings picked up with very little effort. I let the videos run while I am away from the computer (either at work or while at home), I do surveys while hanging out watching TV, I always shop through the SB portal, I take advantage of the offers if they are something I can use, and I participate in the SWAGO and other sweepstakes when they are offered. It's not a lot of effort, but it isn't exactly passive earning either. I managed to get DH signed up for SB and he was reluctant at first, but once he cashed in for that first Cabela's gift card, he was hooked. Now, he is saving up for a new crossbow and he was excited to see that MyGiftCardsPlus sells Cabela's! Oh happy day! :cool1: And I get the referral credits on top of that too:goodvibes.

I haven't had a whole log of luck with swag bucks. I was able to make more money selling things on ebay.

I have been using Swagbucks for about 2 years now and it’s only been these past few months I’ve gotten the hang of it. I’m definitely not as devoted as some of these other users are but to me it’s worth it if you’re willing to put out a little effort. I always run the apps on my phone, usually qualify for at least 1 survey a day, do swag codes and search wins, try to get my To Do list done and hit my 1st goal everyday. I don’t do a lot of the “buy this and get xx SB” unless I know I’ll use the product. And I shop online a lot, but I compare the cash back between SB and Ebates and use the better one. But I can usually get $50 in gift cards a month by being somewhat casual. It really helped for Christmas when I could pay for over half of the GoPro I got for my DH using Target gift cards I had saved up. Now I’m planning on saving for Southwest cards for our cruise next fall. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter