Blended O'HANA: lights, water fountains, and characters OH MY!

Doesn't it?!

::yes::

I'm coo-koo sometimes, but I know most limits.

That's good. Many don't.

If I didn't have kids to put all this energy into, I probably would work for NASA.

You'd probably be running NASA.

Early character breakfasts.. you spy another parent filling up their coffee...
upload_2018-6-5_15-46-7-png.327513

:lmao:

Honestly, he thought Donald was a giant, moving, stuffed animal and he just wanted to love him and hug him and squeeze him. He was so excited, and kind of bewildered when Donald was walking up, but I think it helped make it feel okay when Donald really got on his level and we were all smiling and giggling, and it made it okay.

Aww... That's great! My youngest didn't have quite that reaction to characters.... think.... terrified. And yet, a couple years later...

Picture033a.jpg

Next time arrange for a semi trailer to meet you. Plus a crew to load and unload it.

I'll add it to our list. :thumbsup2

I'd be so happy that I'd be trilling too.

Okay you got me there. But I was thrilled. I've never had a corner, pool view room.

We did too. It's a nice relaxing, yet fun way to pass some time. :)

It was very relaxing after a very busy day.

Well... that's something! :laughing:

Baby steps, I'll eventually get to see a whole show.

I have one of those lists.... It never seems to get shorter!

No it never does. As soon as we mark something off, Disney adds something new.

I forgot about this! Yes! I had on my to-do list (go figure) a few days before to make sure everything was good, request pack n play and an upgraded room in Pop. They led the witness with other questions about location, and I just went with it. Turns out, we got everything we asked for and more! I always find so much more happens when you call and talk to a person at Disney. Even when it takes forever.

You really worked that Pixie Dust pixiedust:

Aww... That's great! My youngest didn't have quite that reaction to characters.... think.... terrified. And yet, a couple years later...

Picture033a.jpg

This is just too precious! I hope you show this to her often to remind her of why you love Disney and she does too.

So we took our obligatory pictures and headed to go get our luggage. I know magical express will do it for you, but we had a LOT of stuff and a baby that I couldn’t risk waiting for luggage in the room.

I'm with you there! We rarely use the luggage service from ME because I never want to have to wait for it. I can only imagine how much more I'd feel that way if I had a baby in tow.

My MIL asked, “what do yall want to do while we wait here in the airport?” I looked at the hotel/atrium and said, “get a room!” I had meant because I was EXHAUSTED from a week in Disney and needed sleep. My MIL, a very classy woman, surprised me when she said, “I know you guys just got married, but sheesh!” NOT WHAT I MEANT. #mortified.

:rotfl::rotfl:

Gia wanted to snuggle, JP did not.

oz4W_Njx1Sfgm4I3XpKrkwtsTUyBkRZIezzAimhrlsGHACaZR1MIuCJxRZj8VogWLyXhMVJGMNKGp4dzsZ5A3wUmlp2biRwM7Z1nWlh6Oh8Eeof1qBkVwWxGliss3foz3KSnTcpe

Haha this is hilarious with their expressions, and also precious.

So I told her that was the surprise! We were doing a carriage ride all together a little later!

WHHHAAATTT?! I was winning at parenting at this point. Which is good, because I lost track of how many times I had accidentally made her cry that day, thus far.:scared:

Best parent moment!! More than made up for the other little snafus earlier, I'm sure.

It really was a very nice and relaxing evening after a day of travel. Highly recommend it at least once!

I'd love to try this sometime.

Got back into the room and it was time for jammies and FIREWORKS. On the bed, that is. We LOVE that about the royal rooms.

This is soo neat!

I have always wanted to catch Yehaa Bob. This was my 3rd stay and I wasn't gong to let the opportunity pass again. I had to promise Gia after we watched for awhile she could do some more pressed pennies. Of course when we got there the room was standing room only. We watched for a few minutes, he was doing the birthdays still and then we left.

I want to try to catch his show sometime, too! Nathan and I still haven't stayed at the PO resorts (though my mom and I stayed at POFQ a few years ago and loved it.) So maybe we'll have to just to try some of these things conveniently.

How sweet is this!? You and Jimmy have got some pretty gorgeous kiddos!

Check, check, and check!

We were ready. LOAD THE BUSSES!

Wow! Busy morning! You guys were WINNING for handling it all so well!

We ordered drinks (coffee!!!!) but the juice at the table was REALLY good. Do not skimp on the juice at these breakfasts, people!

Amen! So tasty!

This is a super picture of Gia!

I couldn’t get a picture of it, but he did kiss Donald. Or he may have been teething on his bill. Oh well, still cute!

:laughing::lovestruc So cute! JP did soo well! Some little ones his age would have thrown a fit and been afraid.

LzGdcP8UxSQ6_r0hz27sqPAbEOPBRYZYVgBFRohVOhRo_mE372uRzIIdTvnuBmSFiuQeiL2R4UxrLDh63rovCBbpi44nvWrtk8_cmAFj1NqHZWhTSmN8PiZ8X-YzP5Q8axheJF6I

MICKEY MOUSE?!!!!!

Oh. My. Goodness!!! This is the sweetest thing!

The next character ended up being Gia’s favorite. We didn’t anticipate that, but when you think about it, they certainly favor one another!

ZQMIJWmAmKhkp19MP76Q_fiOH9dSV11fzy9-vxngxVcmqNVXIplbKE_NB1xFteX_mm7IIIhaoxocOlRWmzYTiuidXY_YtbrGk3sjXHzvjZRLarOmGS9QpSRiSi5yc7Pe8i_omajt

Oh, I wouldn't have thought of this either, but it makes perfect sense!!

Early character breakfasts.. you spy another parent filling up their coffee...
upload_2018-6-5_15-46-7-png.327513

:rotfl::rotfl:

That's POG isn't it?
I don't remember. Between this and Ohana's juice, I don't remember the names or what they were made up of. But I was pleasantly surprised. Quite frankly, I'm not adventurous when it comes to meals. But I liked it!

Yep, it is! From my understanding, it's served under the name of "Jungle Juice" when you're at Animal Kingdom [Lodge], but it's the same Pineapple Orange Guava that they serve at Ohana. That stuff is dangerous... :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

I am following along! I have been following along with your mom's trip report, so I feel like I already know a little about you

I am trying to catch up. Just read about all of the outfits. I love them all! But the little Prince onsie is adorable!!!!

I just have to say, that it is amazing that you guys work so hard to get along for Gia! She will look back later in life and be beyond happy and amazed that you all did so!

Can't wait to hear all about the trip!

That being said, we spent half of our trip with Gia's mom (Ashley), stepdad (David), and other little brother (Christian). I believe we are what some would call a “blended family.” But honestly, after all the hard work and love we all had to put in to making this work, I consider it more of a “contouring family”. *WHERE MY LADIES THAT DO GOOD MAKEUP AT?! YOU KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!* Obviously not an ideal family situation, but we do our best as parents to make life as seamless and easy as possible for a little girl that lives in two different houses any given week. So you know what?! We Disney'd together. Yep. That happened! And you know what else?! We had a lot of fun! I just hope that she looks back one day and remembers how great her childhood was because she didn't have to choose between parents or sides. That she could have everyone she loved be in one place and it be okay. And it's not easy, but we all put a lot of effort into it and make it work.

I love this so much. It makes my heart smile when families can get along and help each other out and :sad: - those are happy tears. Just warms my heart.

Wow, this is one exceptionally cute baby! Way to go!

OH MY GOODNESS.

Just keeps getting cuter, wow cannot handle!

Our day starts in lil ole Baton Rouge.

Aww I love Baton Rouge and Louisiana in general.

**Shoutout to SW Airlines for being SO family friendly, and basically BOSS when it comes to travelling**

Southwest is the best airline! :love:

I'll catch up on the rest later, the Dis is getting ready to go down for maintenance, booo! Loving the report so far!

What a wonderful experiance for your family. LOVE the photos...you can see everyone's happiness in them...okay, Jimmy looks happy and tired.:)

I LOVE Tusker House. We used to do this breakfast even before it moved to Tusker House (It used to be at Restrauntasarous) because it was one of the few that featured Donald who was my son's favorite character.

Can't wait to read more!

I want to try to catch his show sometime, too! Nathan and I still haven't stayed at the PO resorts (though my mom and I stayed at POFQ a few years ago and loved it.) So maybe we'll have to just to try some of these things conveniently.

You know how they say thing are slower in the south? The days are longer, you speak slower, etc? Or maybe that's just what my college friends used to say to make fun of me. Either way I AM PROUD OF IT! Well the PO resorts are especially made, in my opinion, to enjoy taking it slower. And I need that, along with some southern charm, from time to time.

How sweet is this!? You and Jimmy have got some pretty gorgeous kiddos!

Thank you! Of course I think so, too. :love:

Wow! Busy morning! You guys were WINNING for handling it all so well!

You know, I'm actually still shocked how well things went this entire trip. I'm not sure if it is because of the intensive planning, or the willingness to go with the flow, or that we had more adults than kids, or that we generally just have good kids, or WHAT?!

Oh, I wouldn't have thought of this either, but it makes perfect sense!!

no kidding, huh?

That stuff is dangerous... :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

Dangerous on my BLOOD SUGAR!

I am following along! I have been following along with your mom's trip report, so I feel like I already know a little about you

Geez, mom. Over-sharing much? KIDDING! I've followed along with most of Mom's stuff one way or another, too. We are trying to get my dad to read along too. Just the few ways to keep the magic alive between trips.

Just read about all of the outfits. I love them all! But the little Prince onsie is adorable!!!!

MY FAVORITE!!!! I couldn't give enough praise to that lady on Etsy!

She will look back later in life and be beyond happy and amazed that you all did so!

Thank you. That means a lot. I hope so. It's important for her, but it's necessary for us, too. In my opinion, at least. We are at a place where we can talk about things which is important when they stop being cute and start being buttheads that want to manipulate you and play one side against another LOL. Normal kid stuff, but since we talk, we are all aware of what is going on at all times and are on the same page. As opposed to just competing on who is better at parenting. Which is SUCH A WASTE OF TIME and energy. It wasn't easy to get to this place, but I guess you gotta get through the bad sometimes to put it behind you.

:sad: - those are happy tears. Just warms my heart.

Thank you. that means a lot, really. Because it is constant, hard, and good work.

Wow, this is one exceptionally cute baby! Way to go!

Of course I already think that, but thank you. We worked really hard for that LOL

Aww I love Baton Rouge and Louisiana in general.

Really? no one says that LOL.
My husband always anticipated moving away. That obviously changed after he had Gia. But he tells me that he now has an appreciation and affinity for the South since having met me. I like long walks on Plantations, sweet tea in mason jars, and to carry my lace parasol. Okay, not entirely true.

Southwest is the best airline! :love:
YESSSSSSSSS

Loving the report so far!

Thank you, so much trip left to talk about!

This is a great family photo, and even JP got in on the claw action!

Surprisingly, for a 9 month old, he knew how to pose REALLY WELL. There one magic shot where we are pretending to look at Tink in Gia's hands and he looks as if he sure as hell sees Tink!

Baby's first Mickey waffle (maybe). Either way, so cute

Yes it was. and so it was a necessary picture.

Love it! So much sass in one picture!

SOOOOOOOOOOOO much!

okay, Jimmy looks happy and tired.:)

Ever seent he Avengers when they ask Banner his secret to getting angry to become the Hulk? (SPOILER ALERT) He say, as he rips his shirt off and becomes the Hulk, "I'M ALWAYS ANGRY!" Well that's Jimmy. He says it as "IM ALWAYS LOVE DRUNK!" But I'd agree more along the lines of "IM ALWAYS HAPPY AND TIRED!"

I LOVE Tusker House. We used to do this breakfast even before it moved to Tusker House (It used to be at Restrauntasarous) because it was one of the few that featured Donald who was my son's favorite character.

Really? I love that his favorite is Donald. JP now points to Mickey Mouse but says Donald Duck. I guess the Mickey Mouse March will confuse you like that. He tried to walk out the house this morning with his Mickey emoji pillow saying Donald Duck.

Meghan you should really stop in and look at the resort. It's so pretty with so much to do.

I am all caught up!

9v0tl3K9_wfrAUP0M_9VRPeP-DYO-qZzOsXL3z3JtRD32bcHJW_ZntJMPaWFUJyKOi8arIk2BlIgwo1WrqxFBGRS0pcK6zGG3Q4YuoPwPXlPNOXljMeNFQ-2iSKXGIB19E72xB5W

I doubt anyone cared about this, but it was important to me. Look at my baby grow!
These are always my favorite! I love seeing the evolution and growth.

I love his face in this one! He is too cute!

3siOUqZ8oq11NbzftKPLEwZPopdtCD2yXAsIIdEkeBzUMb4opWVDz2TJhvXzoUm911K9CWn-h3-XBSiA5b39-WFqYIOWAYfoB0XXzsKGyL9JNTUv9MdSMKis7YFPqKYHi_bbUOjk

He fits.. he ships. Guess we will bring him with us.
Cutest Carry-On ever!

Love her bags!

xdopeQWDw_lQFb9zoSOBirBXloFFewgKRPP2eVlWSd03UKoXgp35oKGc1syon3B7lazToaydDsdVE9IBSjyLBuypJz34_m_JYr28qR5eVaZZdHoUfqry1yDdcHvvSovRbKwi3P51

My husband posted a “who wore it better”...

X6rcHG8hRikrFCSulXM-C9rftPKcx8V-PookonKY7g7pRNxwkD0KXpnYCKNKgu6YAXXBO9ftSIjN9cwe4dlt4dc0XhsB_wEk-SLILHWwta9KiZFA-739X7IMnqsPx5LyrRI9lIEi
Too funny!

Got back into the room and it was time for jammies and FIREWORKS. On the bed, that is. We LOVE that about the royal rooms.

-2H7tQcPe4n3Oqar2e1EyGejV4NyWqK4QCLJwV9_WowweqvlX_BYKvDJFXJ14tQGGvElLA01REtzU1Yq6JTN4JqrtcJCcZ5rKxiRi_c6AblNUHHLeKCSmr4R2j-FRhC6GaTvLtc1
huJTOrWFeJK59myuTZ2r5aEN47CzRqaE24NF5sA7-P2OvYx3c70OCSIRPfWqqLezt6Ldi9bofhiGJvK8a2S77Phf41y_lU_PrZqXHURkZPI1W_q3XahG_EHhtVn47gM8rwOML-4N
Very cool.

LzGdcP8UxSQ6_r0hz27sqPAbEOPBRYZYVgBFRohVOhRo_mE372uRzIIdTvnuBmSFiuQeiL2R4UxrLDh63rovCBbpi44nvWrtk8_cmAFj1NqHZWhTSmN8PiZ8X-YzP5Q8axheJF6I

MICKEY MOUSE?!!!!!
Amazing Picture!!!! His face is amazing!!!!! And Gia holding him. Just Perfect!

-r54x5XYwO2Mq7UBmzpID9-g_OzPwlfjTzyDjtUHjOpNhHMCMQ9QQASsw1DZrUNAPjtcdSXTKNkmra_o0kjn18sb-8233PDDzcU6odjInQLkddNllXxf6H2Tuqt1FaFxWZWexFWF

The characters play peek-a-boo with babies.
So cute!

I love that he can't be bothered to look at the camera. Mickey is here!

BP9qEZaMHv6bU-hHbK-EPrQZDNFtoBn0yBIZinGXRGdosZfk_xMzTTw8vYALBdsPBd822UsDX-dejjTZZFfGOqo1P6QJRfKSx6HZdmcC_Cs010sIMpvlx2-kixsERJdcozBO2wre

She wanted to photobomb a lot this trip. Of course, it’s less of a photobomb when you tell me that. But okay, i’ll go with it.
Gia's smile in this picture is true Disney Joy!

First Park Day -Animal Kingdom extended

We were so excited for our 1st park day but we had a lot to do before we even got to the park. Yes it does take me the longest to get up so I'm usually the first one up. Michelle and I did a lot of "divide and conquer" on this trip. It really did help to have move adults than kids. Gia was my "bed buddy" and my "bathroom buddy". We still joke about that. We got ready and packed up at the same time. Jimmy was bringing the bags to bag services as we gave him the all clear. I helped with a few bags too. The lady checking our bags was not happy. See, she had to take those bags somewhere else as we brought them in so they could get moved to POP. She did remind me twice we could have had them picked up from the room. I replied I knew that but we waited over an hour the night before to get our bags and didn't have the time to do that again. She not so nicely replied that today was a different day and different staff. But really, we did not have the time to test that theory. All in all we did an amazing job getting it together and out the door. But isn't everyone the most excited that first day.

Here's JP waiting to board the bus for this first park.

DSC_0061.JPG

The excitement was building as we approached the entrance. I saw these and just had to get a picture.

DSC_0062.JPG
Our first animals.

Michelle already posted the cute pictures we got outside the park. We didn't make it for the 7 am EMH rope drop but we did get there early so we did have some time to take pictures and look around a little. We stopped when we got inside the park for bathrooms and to rent a locker. We even stopped to check out the giant anteater.

DSC_0064.JPG

I grabbed a few shots of the Tree of Life. Here's one.

DSC_0067.JPG

We made our way to Africa and our breakfast. We got there early and had barely sat down when they called us to go in. They really butchered Michelle's last name, but that was something we heard all week. South Louisiana names can be tricky. They had us park our stroller before going in. It ended up being the perfect spot. It was right outside a side exit from the room we were seated in. I did have to make a dash for something during breakfast between characters and it was a quick in and out. We really must have been the first seating because our room was empty when we got in. If filled up while we were there but it was nice to have it to our selves at first. In May of last year, we did the dinner and I didn't enjoy it near as much as this experience. We were seated in the biggest room. It was loud, crowded and the characters barely stopped if at all. I really enjoyed the slower pace this time and having the time to check out the details.

DSC_0069.JPG DSC_0070.JPG

I did get one picture of my plate. I did get more food than this. I did try the juice and it was really good. I'm not usually a juice drinker, I would rather eat my calories but it was good.

DSC_0080.JPG \

Both kids really enjoyed the characters. Gia reminded me of both Michelle and Danielle when they use to get excited about meeting characters. She was always watching for the next character, never really putting her bottom all the way down in the chair. Once she spied the next character she hurried to get her book, pen and camera ready. She had us take only one picture of each character with her camera. I made the mistake of taking more than one and was chastised. JP's reaction to the characters was so much more than we ever hoped for. He really loved them all. I worry what his reaction will be the next time he goes, after such a good response this time.

A few more details.

DSC_0108.JPG

When we exited Tusker House we walked right into the line for Kilamanjaro Safaris. The line was almost to the bridge. Luckily we weren't headed that way. We had a fast pass in Pandora. This was going to be my second time seeing the land, I was there for opening day last year. But it was everyone else's first time. This was also going to be JP's first ever Disney ride.

Last edited:
See, she had to take those bags somewhere else as we brought them in so they could get moved to POP. She did remind me twice we could have had them picked up from the room. I replied I knew that but we waited over an hour the night before to get our bags and didn't have the time to do that again. She not so nicely replied that today was a different day and different staff. But really, we did not have the time to test that theory.

Wow! And even if that were true, how were you to know that? What were you supposed to do, call down and ask "Hello, do you have a fast staff this morning or a slow staff?" hah! You didn't have time to play with that morning, so I would have done the same thing.

Gia reminded me of both Michelle and Danielle when they use to get excited about meeting characters. She was always watching for the next character, never really putting her bottom all the way down in the chair.

Aw! So sweet! Glad she was having fun!

Loved the kids reactions to the characters!!!! I always get so nervous for that first meeting. LOL

Wow, that would have really annoyed me. Hopefully the guest service got better!

We did have better service from baggage at POP.

And street names! I can never pronounce anything there.

I have trouble with some of the streets in New Orleans. They're a mouthful.

YESSS, that's exactly how I feel!

Give me water and desert!

Wow! And even if that were true, how were you to know that? What were you supposed to do, call down and ask "Hello, do you have a fast staff this morning or a slow staff?" hah! You didn't have time to play with that morning, so I would have done the same thing.

We were not going to risk it. We had a tight schedule to keep. It would have sounded rude if I had called and asked that.

Aw! So sweet! Glad she was having fun!

She really was! It was a joy to watch.

Loved the kids reactions to the characters!!!! I always get so nervous for that first meeting. LOL

We were thrilled with our good luck with characters. Wait until you see JP with Pooh.

I believe we are what some would call a “blended family.” But honestly, after all the hard work and love we all had to put in to making this work, I consider it more of a “contouring family”.

Just started reading your trip report but I want to say how much I LOVE your attitude and I know how hard it is! My son's dad is remarried with a step sister and two half sisters. He has almost step siblings on my side too and it's crazy!

Last year at disney we actually met up with my son's step sister and her dad and their family (not my ex- his new wife's daughter and her dad get it?). Anyway, it's super confusing sometimes and there are a lot of people to know and work around and sometimes it's seriously challenging to put everything aside and just be friends but it means a lot to kids to know that everyone is putting them first. So, bravo to you and your families for being awesome. :worship:

Ohana for everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter