Blended O'HANA: lights, water fountains, and characters OH MY!

Yes it does take me the longest to get up so I'm usually the first one up.

First up... last to bed?

Gia was my "bed buddy" and my "bathroom buddy". We still joke about that.

:laughing:

She did remind me twice we could have had them picked up from the room. I replied I knew that but we waited over an hour the night before to get our bags and didn't have the time to do that again.

Good one. ::yes::

She not so nicely replied that today was a different day and different staff.

That annoys me. I probably would have taken out my phone. "Oh! I didn't know that! Can I have the names of the incompetent staff members so I can make sure to ask next time? And what's your name? Oh, look! It's right there on your name tag. Thanks!"

dsc_0062-jpg.328677

Those are cool. Never noticed them before.

We even stopped to check out the giant anteater.

That guy's cool. ::yes::

They really butchered Michelle's last name, but that was something we heard all week. South Louisiana names can be tricky.

Interesting... why? My name is always butchered too.

I really enjoyed the slower pace this time and having the time to check out the details.

Nice. :)

Gia reminded me of both Michelle and Danielle when they use to get excited about meeting characters.

Awww... :)

Once she spied the next character she hurried to get her book, pen and camera ready.

Kinda loving that.

When we exited Tusker House we walked right into the line for Kilamanjaro Safaris. The line was almost to the bridge.

Whoa! Nope!

This was also going to be JP's first ever Disney ride.

Yay! Can't wait to see how he does! :)

First up... last to bed?

Most of the time. I think Michelle was up later than me some nights. I was always the first up.

That annoys me. I probably would have taken out my phone. "Oh! I didn't know that! Can I have the names of the incompetent staff members so I can make sure to ask next time? And what's your name? Oh, look! It's right there on your name tag. Thanks!"

That's not a bad idea.

Those are cool. Never noticed them before.

Me either. I'll be looking for them next time.

Interesting... why? My name is always butchered too.

French names are tricky sometimes especially when mix a little cajun in there. Is your name French or maybe Polish or German? They're pretty hard too.

Kinda loving that.

I did too. :cloud9:

Whoa! Nope!

I was so glad we had a FP for this latter. In May of 2017 we hit the Safaris at rope drop stand by and waited quite awhile.

Yay! Can't wait to see how he does! :)

:goodvibes

I love his face in this one! He is too cute!

Thank you, he is full of personality.

Love her bags!

She got that set from my in laws for Christmas. Picked out the pattern herself!

Amazing Picture!!!! His face is amazing!!!!! And Gia holding him. Just Perfect!

I love when I'm able to capture moments like this to relive over and over!

Loved the kids reactions to the characters!!!! I always get so nervous for that first meeting. LOL

YES! Because their attitude towards it can change with every age and trip and mood swing.

Just started reading your trip report but I want to say how much I LOVE your attitude and I know how hard it is!

Thank you. It's definitely a lot of conscious effort, but it's the good work.

Last year at disney we actually met up with my son's step sister and her dad and their family (not my ex- his new wife's daughter and her dad get it?). Anyway, it's super confusing sometimes and there are a lot of people to know and work around and sometimes it's seriously challenging to put everything aside and just be friends but it means a lot to kids to know that everyone is putting them first. So, bravo to you and your families for being awesome. :worship:

Ohana for everyone!

That is nuts! But yes- OHANA FOR EVERYONE! I like that. My mom's side of the family, and subsequently how they've raised us, is that everyone that walks through that door is family. We had Gia's dance recital Sunday and her mom had a run in with someone she is on bad terms with in her family and I kind of played wedding coordinator and helped get it over with quick. It wasn't ugly or anything! Just hard for her, I'm sure. And her sister messaged me the next day to thank me for being her support. I said that I don't mind being Team Ashley when she needs me to be, because I'll always be Team Gia! That's just how it goes. OHANA FOR EVERYONE!

Most of the time. I think Michelle was up later than me some nights. I was always the first up.

I would agree I was probably up later, but Mom was always up first! I try to do what I can at night so it doesn't drive me crazy in my sleep. Then there was that one night I did laundry and was up till God knows when after a $17,000 step day!

FIRST PARK DAY!
*PANDORA*

So we finished breakfast and we were SO excited to get to go see Pandora. This was all Jimmy had been able to talk about. That, and it’s a small world. He’s all over the place. So we got the stroller and made our way across the park… but our fastpass wasn’t until 9:25 for the River Navii. SO OF COURSE WE HAD TO SHOP!

ZG9NGsbdlm--BCiBH-vu63HimR8YkpPRlWOeOtt6qN5W6vTb8PrvqINrcWT8SxEO7clu7-v9OsoFdpxNz9uD7GFQ4AAd4Hf4usUOA8c8FJPPdRd1irbFQ7Bd5abUMMHwHKq8DCkE

I think we got Danielle a shirt that was PERFECT! It was the “Tigger, is that you?” shirt in a perfect shape and size for her. She had that tshirt version of it when she was 3 or 4 and has been looking for another since then. So that was a great gift. Mom also got Gia mickey earrings with her birthstone because the super cute earrings we had for her were bothering her ears. She really (like me) gets into the theme of things, so she didn’t want to wear the boring other earrings we had packed. She needed Mickey earrings. She wore these new ones for months! I don’t remember if we got something for JP or not, but Mom got her animal print ears since she lost a pair last trip. We also paid a little more and got the tote. My family has gotten a lot of use out of that tote. AND you can’t go to AK and NOT donate to wildlife foundations! So we got that pin, too!

By 9:23am we were walking into Pandora! IT WAS PACKED! And such a small space to be packed. The attention to detail, though. Just WOW! Naturally we stopped for PhotoPass pictures.

uQSbGLXKm-YOY8J1WK6tnA2BxUJYSNp0HIQ61f1Nt8GJmTh45oSKKFecI6QGl-AWYKqnk3Q-JHhe-jWmXCR7ERUtz1gtMuaRYrrGQ9BBOR30tbG_nCdC4kz0hT-y_UD-5cU8RViX

MO7BmNfhDtnww_-qW7CTgjoH7NPGhAVZQj5Y9o9F5j6XR9Dhk3yrKNyjp1LHXdAHFP7ECkyE6wwQ0RzRibv35pC01QWH5CHv60JcqKhQ0YCHD9rbm1YcFsPfYIMc4Z8d07i6v1kF

By 9:45am we were walking into our Fastpass line for the River Navii.

5ZEwNj0rkRL8YJFhOMozB6fp_wawP6csUqWa00xu-Q45809Rgc8Fg9VvdqaihIrzlTa1W28y0TfPLk9eFCCvWahRuJ9WB1K4OhuV01yFbeGEnQwz9P24DP8AfSzjWQ5_cuJm6Q_n

Here’s some of the fun things to see along the Fastpass line:

N1YlyR4q_HxD2d--FIXpxvxVLbpGPD_zjX28M43mW_CeYqjcGNNGzyiFxjzoT0EJ6-jXCRUlRDnOfRIcCQxD1YwVp4fk0K1rZGDBrrxlJBXBW3lCjt8HiTZqKbVxIgkJEwooRJrQ

j_5MWgi9j4JAckYQ2xueUAs8EGO5yMQXo-sIZX2dZdGhEu0EJ_ctFyV9RpgmFgVTO6GA9biaE8NuggOo9lJ3gA6qTj9KlAmbJXiXP8_ceFuSxWq8zJFu7NhG45hh-UrmxwVsAZeR

Oeo5dpjK_bUyhlHKPN5aRpD0tmc50P82kziJH5QPXI_2VmgLGyy7S34kO5tCJ2Yt9zBDvmhc4y3XhP3kcmp0TKS7MS2SjpIXX8x_WkMcA6vocKtLxVQBwJ2MVuWMisSEW8njAx1h

wLyRlORotO2sqffMfRJi72UMYuInBePnoFYUb00ntwPsWlSILYgrbjNa80Y3VhkE4XmEX4xPnhAdx_h1ZJpTERawk9sWHB-LdYwXiyig2RKFeI1hmUiLhiOA-e61qFojg2xAzZPf

And once we got on, we took our group selfie and that was about it with the phones. We wanted to enjoy it. AND WE DID! Gia was like LETS DO IT AGAIN… it’s an 85 minute wait sweetheart, hard pass on that one.

lwhZzcvJQyltMRwBVtlnf8HJmjLEAgMpQ9ZL0pBrSlRLqBjkKLxk-70yEKlRGvDjegpMJUwFd2w_PWP6F6DwOYNBDSFoCiqIi-1zO0F0u93hifVs1M6ZK8OO2oO_C4oQSoEokfCJ

JP did good. Just kind of took it all in.Fascinated by the light and the movement and the sounds!

z7wOau_sGSv6av3qBnOtYdjwirTftqHpWf57enRJSxf_fFpo774nhd7yIjhtHRmyL3u5vLO3NQfrpqw-q47btY5PEgVwDGx0iTtnnPBQSltBGCXEryrLSGjn469ygruM2hZYr2tf

to be continued...

FIRST PARK DAY!
*PANDORA*
[continued]

Okay so we couldn’t exactly ride The Navii River again, but we found ourselves with a little bit of time to kill here before our 10:30 fastpass to Festival of the Lion King. We visited the bathrooms in Pandora (a few times), took turns handing off the baby and what not.

That picture of JP was taken at 9:46am. By 10:03am my husband looked like this:

5xW1_I_9JCDhQVeLEIKAtQLpo1X23Yx8GP3t9mdwiEsnV-HFESe7ZKO6mwTATB9k6dfz9S53PuWdYhkIuERDOI2ENYQhTyt1m2NfYIgTVPmt4acvx-j6BV4PFzMySz4MlV72tsWu

Gia wasn’t happy we couldn’t ride it again and that we couldn’t jump on something else right away either. The mood set in and Jimmy convinced her to pick any design to have them paint on his face. She got face paint too. And since Dad was the one giving in to her mood, Dad used HIS gift card from Christmas to pay for both of them to get this done.

lsWqLOKY9SB0fubOev6qaNj6Jv44F4x9B8DMP9kPRdIwY0seBSp_NI-9Y4LpqRnqrHUAwwigJmVK0_598gKRs7mv3DydVAOFfqxnKuxAkL5esCHrV6UP_GnV5HPGsgOe0UPfBCva

jTLUp8rA6OFL5DsJiNxh4uCynq-pr4v55HHGuF2CQSfrX5dJiS33egkoYsPKu9RuzCqu5lrQ1wLL4jOFFi8zEHF26OcFjZYREPXwpRHeHR5ro-DHiZbjVJLE1dqS8tQEPNOGwooC

nIwkxUjO3Dmkht4HcLjz0S3adL_1l-kcVSCBsEq9J3ZEJmm7nGQiyMlv6zmUnZyAHbg3KP6wqKfAiCHF9nhsLdnBFmsDw149Cu7OGy-kCRiG23lGhzkOWwN2Gb5NtaZBwh5ka_Y4

Somewhere in between we were able to play with the drums, too.

MRZy6TRuejSlG7i43oLKJQlDxm4jTLuGE4qEGfxhteqk9_558eFkIfc0KbS0-Dz6u37DOYCqZ0loEfKH5grq5GhCinFtE8yEyidW-0OgnfRt2RZ9vy93sU8g5MkQNRZ1Lz2eIU7u

HMlkZrpyK8Jk3z2_8AppilSIgE-8uBoHOkElWpvvLtl00xRJ7SeBuba5naziM6GoPpetJXh0HQ2y41ehC2awUpReSKBFdY1F0b9WvubUOJRVyWLiRqt9fbEL6ex744ZX4nZtfZ7r

Pandora really is just mesmerizing.

AzUYpDgCq87U8G16kZubYrIF8k-r0Ncff-DDz4yBkQ6LtPD4G3Q7SjX2Vhy7wXdmiCFlPBqOnkpKgOepR6X4uBuFHzQej8atSAPNcu3oc0Zt2IoEb8YL8HQPqf0Rwlpjt-GAFm-d

IzMR2CHCt3OF4f1kf1fGL5maB_hZ_bapA5VhZBDWjcK6pTY_n9mmi0XZXGq1HTAPWMVLRNbsPgP5CP_RWi9yMywzBBec8fCKVkeEk2JzRew5SxrvXz6-gYKDZzHuYxLwAQw9TLG0

But alas, it was time to move on. Don’t forget: Festival of the Lion King! Our fastpass time needed us to show up between 10:30-10:45 and the show started at 11! So we stopped to change a diaper and grab a snack. This is when we learned that you have to have a pin on your magic band to use it for snacks. This is also when we learned we had different pins and we got locked out. SO WE GOT FREE POPSICLES! Thank you, Disney!

This was JP’s first popsicle. I think he liked it. I’ve always been partial to the Minnie Strawberry bars! This was also our first go at the Baby Center. I just needed to change his diaper. I tried to rock him to sleep, but he hasn’t having it. And Gia decided then and there to take off all $30 worth of paint on her face. I was not amused.

y4HsCbOTwWmU0My-vj484JoZbQebFfgz9EYRoKJgwgmjLBQSgbsB1pZ7t17NPvKgLZnPnh7JoJTGaluVK5PTpBMaLj0tp4x9uBDczNG5IFRmKMwIb-R8xSJtzriLE5KPtAaKmkEx

U2OI5NWGqn3TqGMy4jRdwkj_tfrNMKaCdqq5nMKRnQi1DNC1PS5oT2dvMMXbItReyedoJOVGvYoAeK5G0Dvg4M3ncH1a6q6mdt25iDiKR4yEA-hMkRuO9uxFqNkwZNvubTYtylum

FIRST PARK DAY!
[ last post for today]

Now.. back to Africa!

cLa6UHPqqh9CiNz1oJMO-vdC_L3-alg5c4i8uoE89KOJ3MTExhc8KfArI0rQNCoJi6WtauHui1gm7h03ZkkZTGbJZUbYzSP0kaUTffVW1LrWhiGyYUiq4ZwpvXUOR6sY2JzzD_HT

I haven’t been to see the Lion King since they opened the new theatre. I like the little setup they have to get you in. Much more interesting and themed than before. The Festival of the Lion King is ONE OF MY FAVORITES! We ended up missing it during the wedding trip and I’m still butt-hurt about that. So we weren’t missing this. Jimmy hadn’t seen it and if Gia had ever seen it, she didn’t remember.

At this point, JP still hadn’t napped. There was just too much to see. As soon as we walked into the theatre he knocked out. I tried to put his headphones on him, and he really could care less. Dark room meant naptime.

3mH8dgldaMnDVNfSEldyemGGLSEXLKr6Ao-gyoMeWfHNb0jRT4DfRw2L4TkgwyqYVp2Gqr13mufekbvIHjkso3TWLyn1qIXLWOpnZQJXVIhyJO7MccqEhsK9NhdsE0czBXOrGW2Z

oMDCK3c57NF736YdvwtAaJ0EsrCdDEJTnzyqyDWAPhIb_wX5TtMIcijRLLSYzosepqvUfvAXEnIRmUj6FWKH8055YUdAqbmqjRU9QyeEtMGS3rMUhgQIxffeNlRhKOAsR2c1P_dh

Spoiler Alert: We were warthogs.

Jimmy and Gia both LOVED it. My sister and I are still very specific on which dancers we would be in this show if given the chance. Gia, of course, decided she would be the bird that twists and turns in the air.

Next: Safari, a VERY fun, family trip to the Baby Center, lunch with the birds, and SO MUCH MORE SASS.

OMG this face. You are SUCH a mom! And I mean that in the best way, of course.

She needed Mickey earrings. She wore these new ones for months!

Awesome! Every Disney girl needs a good pair of Mickey earrings.

Sweet! I love her new animal print ears! I have some from Etsy, but I almost like hers better with the sequins :)

Jimmy looks thrilled.

Awesome! Looking good!

Jimmy and Gia both LOVED it. My sister and I are still very specific on which dancers we would be in this show if given the chance. Gia, of course, decided she would be the bird that twists and turns in the air.

Yay! Good choice, Gia! I'm curious what you and Danielle would pick?? I always wanted to be the singer whose name is Swahili for "Princess." As much as I love the Circle of Life, it doesn't really fit my voice type, and I love "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" :lovestruc I don't quite have the right look, but somehow that never phased me! lol

See that's the problem about co-writing. You can't lie and get away with it.

:rolleyes1

French names are tricky sometimes especially when mix a little cajun in there. Is your name French or maybe Polish or German? They're pretty hard too.

Yep.

So we finished breakfast and we were SO excited to get to go see Pandora. This was all Jimmy had been able to talk about. That, and it’s a small world. He’s all over the place.

Nah. Same thing.
It's a Small World or It's a Small Moon.

We also paid a little more and got the tote.

Totally have to.

My family has gotten a lot of use out of that tote.

Totally worth it.

And once we got on, we took our group selfie and that was about it with the phones. We wanted to enjoy it.

Good for you! Lots to see on that ride. ::yes::

AND WE DID!

Good!

JP did good. Just kind of took it all in.Fascinated by the light and the movement and the sounds!

Not at all surprised. :)

By 10:03am my husband looked like this:

5xW1_I_9JCDhQVeLEIKAtQLpo1X23Yx8GP3t9mdwiEsnV-HFESe7ZKO6mwTATB9k6dfz9S53PuWdYhkIuERDOI2ENYQhTyt1m2NfYIgTVPmt4acvx-j6BV4PFzMySz4MlV72tsWu

whoa! That's just not something I could do.

The mood set in and Jimmy convinced her to pick any design to have them paint on his face.

Now that is a Good Dad.

Awwww...

Somewhere in between we were able to play with the drums, too.

Of course. It's practically a rule.

This is when we learned that you have to have a pin on your magic band to use it for snacks. This is also when we learned we had different pins and we got locked out. SO WE GOT FREE POPSICLES! Thank you, Disney!

<takes notes... so... forget the PIN, huh?....>

And Gia decided then and there to take off all $30 worth of paint on her face. I was not amused.

:sad2:
Been there. Feel your pain. :hug:

At this point, JP still hadn’t napped. There was just too much to see.

I'm the same way! :laughing:

Awwwww......

What a great family photo!

Gia wasn’t happy we couldn’t ride it again and that we couldn’t jump on something else right away either. The mood set in and Jimmy convinced her to pick any design to have them paint on his face. She got face paint too.

Too cute! Getting face paint is actually one of my goals on my next trip... probably not the design your husband got though :rotfl:

Aww she looks like she's having so much fun!

OMG this face. You are SUCH a mom! And I mean that in the best way, of course.
And I take it as one of my highest compliments LOL

Every Disney girl needs a good pair of Mickey earrings.
TRUE. sooooo true. Of course, there were a few years there between preteen and college that is wasn't cool to wear disney stuff NOT in Disney. Now, I'm like walking around town in my "I'm not a regular mom, I'm a disney mom" shirt on the daily.

Sweet! I love her new animal print ears! I have some from Etsy, but I almost like hers better with the sequins :)
They were super cute ears! We looked on etsy, but the parks have the best stuff and they weren't anymore than $20. It was on our "must budget and buy" list before we left home.

Jimmy looks thrilled.
This was the selfie he sent his mother. too cool to smile, you know.

Yay! Good choice, Gia! I'm curious what you and Danielle would pick?? I always wanted to be the singer whose name is Swahili for "Princess." As much as I love the Circle of Life, it doesn't really fit my voice type, and I love "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" :lovestruc I don't quite have the right look, but somehow that never phased me! lol
I forget exactly which one Danielle picks, but I always wanted to be the dancer in green that is a snake. Don't know why, she just always catchs my eye. But we may or may not know the dance moves by now and may or may not do it in mom's living room when it comes up.

Totally worth it.
Totally!

Good for you! Lots to see on that ride. ::yes::
We just watched Avatar again the other day and tried to spot things from the ride. Some of us remembered things and others didn't. So much to see that we all got different experiences on it.

Now that is a Good Dad.
He is. Sometimes he is stuck in work-mode when we're home and he doesn't get to enjoy a lot of the moments like this. But "vacation-dad" is THE BEST!!! But we have to be grateful that he works so hard so that we can enjoy vacations like this together.

Of course. It's practically a rule.
Duh. My dad actually only requested that we send him pictures of the kids playing the drums. Technically the ones in Africa (which, of course we made our way back there later), but finding these were fun, too. It's like "stop and smell the roses" but when in Disney, it's "stop and play the drums."

Too cute! Getting face paint is actually one of my goals on my next trip... probably not the design your husband got though :rotfl:
To be fair, he didn't pick it. He just sat in the chair and got to see it when it was done. Really, he's lucky she didn't turn him into a full-on Navi or a fairy.

Aww she looks like she's having so much fun!
This is actually one of my favorite pictures. Those moments of pure joy are my favorite.

We just watched Avatar again the other day and tried to spot things from the ride. Some of us remembered things and others didn't. So much to see that we all got different experiences on it.

Interesting! Different experiences, same ride.

He is. Sometimes he is stuck in work-mode when we're home and he doesn't get to enjoy a lot of the moments like this. But "vacation-dad" is THE BEST!!! But we have to be grateful that he works so hard so that we can enjoy vacations like this together.

Good that you can see that. Many can't.

when in Disney, it's "stop and play the drums."

::yes::

FIRST PARK DAY!
More Animal Kingdom Fun

So when we left off, we had just watched the Festival of the Lion King 11am show (with fastpasses, of course). Now… WE WERE HUNGRY! When we went, they had just started the online ordering ahead for counter service restaurants in conjunction with the dining plan. To be fair, I’m sure it was working just fine, but I must’ve hit something to say to pay myself. We went ahead and ordered Flame Tree BBQ as we were leaving the theatre for Lion King. Then it was divide and conquer: I would get the food, and everyone else was set to go find a spot to sit and eat. I do LOVE the outdoor seating in Animal Kingdom. We found it a few years back, and it is so serene and scenic. So they found a spot and I grabbed the food.

Online ordering… IS THE BEST THING EVER! When I walked up to the “wait here for your online order” line, I saw a few others, looking at their phones, just waiting. I said to the first person to make eye contact with me, “So is this where all the cool people come to wait on the food they didn’t stand in line to order?” I thought it was much funnier than they did. But it was true. If given the choice, definitely order online. It was super easy, too.

So we got our food, of which I don’t remember what we got. I think Mom and I either shared or split something. I just know we had beans, because they ended up all over JP’s face. Again, we were just getting used to the fact that he refused to eat baby food. We had the nicest spot to eat and with some beautiful creatures to keep us company.

_bhNsIedaldBNZnhUVBvz6g2o2fRbEpQuKxL9j9psntLlScvqx_Mlvni8EhQjUItehfSEpLS9iFIyYj3oZeaIl1LvnhgX0kIFMhh1JTt00dvCg7psPd4sWt6MZsHaJN4XQkp6OlT

lD4RR0MdR_nDkIgqHKiLvnCwFNPJ1IFqC3SRBA1Y9cVhSBQrTcCoDpaMr3ULIqsaLxlewoW91Id-tfWjobqlzP-4fb7DBWKqcRHwutpKYBscMcWn_ejEMLuL5usceknK1fs_PjEp

YwMQ_RTl770QSMjDNgD5fM2h69ak1h9pKc4Q6jAL65Nm8ifDNA5i6_OqrV3yDzdbLo9irwg_0a8ygIYXe-RNHsviUIX_I4rNLixy2BfURltUUpZXv9TmWfW2gHY8rD5jmMJS-Rzr

zbakMoqTDm-JvGoQlbhwhq9uLpS7Q1yf85eH55-8bMfWIS-txfF9964ptjH0pZJ7utDBpkfJxuRs7lKhqn94Hz3k0_HzI-fPZcDKoVhyApYmBtgtgOx26ZWCCcW3UiQMOqHwg69C

Our next fastpass was the Safari from 12-1pm. We wrapped up eating and made our way BACK TO AFRICA (again) for the Safari. It looks like we must’ve tapped our magic bands shortly before 1pm, because by 1:15pm we were on looking at animals.

Something I didn’t think through with the baby was rides. Or really, any time we had to park the stroller. Yes, I had everything attached to the stroller, but then I needed half of it with me when we got in a line. One of the bags I brought with me everywhere was my “important stuff” bag. That’s where the money and the camera was. That’s also what ended up always having some snacks and a bottle ready to give in case we weren’t going to see the stroller for a while, as was the case A LOT in AK.

Mom and i both had the cameras going. She had the long lens and I had the normal one. So here’s the obligatory safari pictures…

LUp4VfZAIx0qG38mVOTBaheO4zNVCf6zQ7KpKkYAr_hRbuJtjN6bVkMiQ4DX4j5oAWvDLHu83GsZEEbJv1FOJHYXIO6Golel1XE7MnN39v9xAmbbnlqY0SYbl7SRTKXufhmq0i8o

N0MpaQdy3DcQZCkPH8CqbuwAfvBcHcMCq1tP3L53fJWOGIXF59PTa8fRC2wW6yMqk6Phz-11AzbSbCo1sPEJDxXi8kxYa_oU1AOWRQq0NOp_jfcQV8ImhRapvZzZL-3LqbIHsDBt

US8MTq3AwtGk1pTQu6mkLPW99R40qOspWNVhY_tOohvv8lYsB-rMdc3m23-jMdmPIH-PiRVhEv9hjae9lOk4h9gmd0Dy7S0l1NdmKHW2aEKyVeOmUJM1jOjvvGuLRa22Yt2A3Rlq

NqdSPHb4FnGIuOr0AFjgBtv7gzPI71QtFNMp-ql9EFaO0-NhJQ9FYA1rUsUIss5rNEuPMix2KzyYnBHruQ_uWN7cXcdQ8vOF1m8eFNnUM0cF_3iZeh92LvwvpvBcwiDiFLHNgNgC

jLfIAeAWiREtTuZ56R7oQ0ErPOSG2itDOWFygRBDlzotrDxwrBrNQfI-ylUaFTXGF5aZEMeDlw2kE6T1gF-_KfWE3AqWtNB0aQdrQpKs0qmM9eVaVMcosgqYAoKbx3KxZ5sUsmL6

Sk6R9rEzX6qHoZyrYa9dWWQt8UaafeKGzfGqHKUqb7yAdT0vuLpqQ6WT8Ngyil64BIexXl9_6YXvF5g1LOgGo9pXUSD52kBBq53G1kzpGe4BZ6xt1ejJmahEeykZ9MaFwW_bqlMM

WoyYbQ2F0vt_kcNiYDr0LUZdikxbQnkEHYxUXaH5F78lRZPRGvyr8blqv0QS4ok8ULCpSqu-z_dgGHkZmea-hJSOHc0O9DSlwqNUn3jMuzrnar3lYEvaiqN69jit-_ak54IT8iXl

FIRST PARK DAY!
More Animal Kingdom Fun

...continued

XPuHyLVXo4G9_tgLKC7KHJ75iXwOJ9ITtZ8psLSlOTxxTS90LU6YgD7nploP9h4m8zidItTPidwTzMihI7Iy5Uy6zbZEd9ne6tYWaZUcloezSYUrgltVnxEfYVY6FD-AceaSnd9P

It was hot, but I think everyone really enjoyed the safari. We always do. So much so, that we always take basically the same pictures. The giraffes were a real treat this time. So close and majestic. We kept JP away from the edges on basically all rides, and anything slightly bumpy we made sure to keep him strapped in.

After the safari, we went ahead and moved on over to the train towards Conservation Station! It’s a family favorite, and would be great with the kids.

While waiting for the train, we found a place to sit, Gia went through her penny collection thus far, pressed a new penny, we looked through pictures, oh and my husband did another “who wore it best?”

oiQWHB7RN1AJ7Kt_PVHMLnbp1Gj1zVKFSk9l5vnQLOCnDYo0Xj8I_W4RA_NdMdzcEgicp3ahdL2yXLGtjsOCupdTobQCOjhyFyVJwAidtzKr79sahcWbZYCHhd9XrjIgNaq2QhVL
D-XSLiOOmISploVXbNfnXGDCa5snX-Dd_JyZJsUAlxi5m5gIcfCGW90TFLb7zNPXcRFleMD9Ug2bVislRA96BWHpSm9wF8n_iKxsQBpAGdVA1I1NnvfZit_ttYNmiTBAjkx8hb0l

Before you know it we were on the train!

CE2twXb71E9IN_itd7IIgCrCtgfF17eg8Ju7uN5i-4yA2e-sBDUXw2458ipKcdMvV6e4r9DGiyRtu0F1bDIlenSgIH8ftyM_z87E7oHVab4dfWzV9Eq2gcCeAAkHNHNkV9f9eafO

Ahhhh! Finally, a breeze. Apparently it was a short break to fix ourselves, too. This is where mom’s emergency makeup came into play (for the first time this trip).

pz9UpRAvuuE4ZvSNwK_lof_0_kM-WjNcUKYGCxZvaJ9gvpc6D1Hi7zInxCxX2m86S3QAlrmmcYoV7Cy_C1oclkEzboxu9J_yxQCK4E35Zk8gO5RSDXHdt_9tj4RzX7vyjxdKoy_-

When we got to Conservation Station, it was evident just how many other people had the same idea. The crowds seemed to grow by the minute at this point. When we left the Lion King, we had a hard time getting the stroller out of stroller parking because of the crowds. We happened to be there for the cheer and dance teams, so we knew that there would be a lot of those people. And we knew there would be a lot of Louisiana people because of Mardi Gras. We did NOT know it was the same time as the Quince trip the Brazilians go on. Hey! I would’ve loved to go on a trip like that when I was 15… but as an adult with kids and fluctuating blood sugar, I was unamused. Those pink backpacks and group flags were everywhere. I’m sure they’re nice people, but I had a hard time with just, lack of consideration of others. Because it’s a ton of 15 year-olds! Needless to say, it was an issue we faced our entire trip and something we had to anticipate moving forward.

sbPEO_xuNO7WhTFFSil2DfH9c9a-Pmx-PsSoYS-SF637kAgtXItIHq97vsCCqfliEcDVorfbk7ONEKOch58T44BycJCeq-t7Bsh3ZOozMqRng48h2ZYRNf7Q-fNQKJQ-Xi6-CoUv

yAtwuz6YWdmIP9ATP2WwnfauI2vLzGBKFlgr53aTYtQCjzfAFQ299SIgIBhPke7Q1Gaf8EPYXA12nV_1VA0Cn7fKxGW88JQpNKbGq-vmeuEPEZfSmPHk3A5rHqN4KrPaNE8gtiZB

The walk from the train to the station felt like forever!!!! Mostly because it was just hot and crowded. But the best part of it was Jimmy giving in to whiney Gia that refused to hold her bag. Now, it was heavy. But I also tried to help her make it less heavy. Really, we just couldn’t win. So here’s Jimmy holding Gia’s purse and carrying the baby, too. Happy Belated Father’s Day.

M4AXB8zPUuCrH__IXSvRRK4488F2nxyvPPfFydr41LldIdLf095B-j-nT0yMsPwwHoOwNESwCn2wcLCBVN_-PR4GB62qP9iQgnImt61LOii9wSu7_zKuy0fNx0sA3u_Td5Zn6DZk

VmhRjWvOM5ytriXJk5mWaGi3819gKef1zMs-AXx8PxlXE4iSzWUVcE45o4I_Q1vUnvVPfrHkQsXUwfoaTHQiMUMGqBOsq17jqujVc1XKGHOYAZ7XofDqIA4tt936fB0YjamEUPuJ

The only crowd-free picture we really got here.

Once we got inside, we split up. The bathroom buddies (Mom and G) went one way, and Jimmy and I took JP to wait to meet Rafiki. This was the second character meeting of the day and I’d say it went pretty well…

FIRST PARK DAY!
More Animal Kingdom Fun

...continued again...

pLaKLvKJ1tte4VU_9BFh3s-rv8JWz4vuklhiPQ5iPaFxVdX2L3ZSCn9bA6nhir9cUenHJ-X72KvLCG1r17352sDKlYjLLOGG_J-LnbmWAHU8YPSQGk8_JyTMLIdIjG-SmkFJ3qfZ

Standing in line… he couldn’t contain his excitement.

2FCg1R0vrEgmmcscD59zWEkpvYXN73EPVEawzkV9aHaAhmBvxRQNQXrhPm3ZTlAEur7jHccpFWDekuPyFd-kR7ScCpz1f9PToh1HEer_LX5jqiFSgBW-LsrA_uOvS9bELisGCwif

OMJWgY9RsR7PWnNer9Uwn59AF4tk8TJ-qEZG88TtpfPL88BoIL6q7c6AnqLLvEiMLE5FUBdOydpkKeaAnoTNQaOsJ6mddFGNuHBtfa3l9GS8U8ZvM_TdOOwS5zynGRXXs9xQ86u2

He got to hug Rafiki and kiss him. And Rafiki played with JP's toes, and pointed all over him, which he loved. And again with the peek-a-boo. It was precious!

When we finished up with that, we met up with the bathroom buddies. They were getting ready to touch an alligator!

UnKzqoxw_I13gjv1vMMtxyjqR7_yYoEW2W2O0D-1L7XT1GXoZUuQ4oMA7cnPBzb5LMMdCRaZxpJmGyI6n7nVX4rLcH-83DM7QYE61eQyHP-7-C6v6eeNDDdd9zuEmQE-B-k45lDd

0c8NqHy22t9IKK0stKYRDna_OGDcvFK4aYH9oDPQ-9XLRy4_1o_9PnTcPOSD0M8KwAA0eeWrySBifTNgX4bQeLlJxTbVfA97rTbPfK4-2qQx8vraiysufEBI1Xkn9hA2_XxpE8YV

JP still on his Rafiki high.

QEkSokvUSjG2TGg8Sx-kl-lDzvIU7fh_aVy0_TIeJ_JuXW5Q6iVi8yDV8ZgN_zn0upGoT7R-uRUzf_bkU_zMMSTqaKGzAcHp_vstoqiuPlyOADfguF-D5twaE6i8dSr48PwgoYke

Always so much cool stuff going on at Conservation Station. But the real reason we wanted to go was for the PETTING ZOO!!!!

When we went in 2015, I tried to take a selfie with the male goat and he bit my hair. So I think Gia was hoping something fun like that would happen again.

Ft-XWc5MSRM57EIAvAyyfk7aR_qKHrDUdobsorlnHdJosEEcw_DpmYs5uq25VGRXCod1WGIjUjfiRjeSeOi-1mHLStWwmW1bl8etPOjec1NOMnkEZ5D8dL1ppKEupEcCqGbYT-wf

Gia found some leaves to feed them and get them interested. JP grabbed a hold and tried to go for a ride.

p6e2JJopZ09gQz9eKkW64De5FdGx2mYGG5e60Uv4cnJmd8-if702AdZ9HmVP7p0nuoZJ-rezar9Mt3lruB04r_vlQSrg5LnGoQt-xpKP3Jrzwr8sm9YbTiRMinaqJe77fca-yk84

No. Seriously.

My biggest regret here was not having him wear shoes. He wasn’t walking, but he could hold a hand at this point, but without shoes there was just the lingering risk of getting in poop. And peeling him off of a goat and trying to avoid getting him or myself in poop was a challenge. Fun! But a challenge.

After that fun field trip, we were getting hot and cranky and TIRED. So we made a pit stop at the Baby Center before Starbucks.

The baby center wasn’t very big. There were 2 small rooms with rocking chairs, a large room with lots of changing stations, a family bathroom, and a place for kids to play and watch TV while parents took care of babies. I changed JP and we all went ahead and used these potties while we were there. But it was full, so we waited. A man and his (potty training age) son walk out of the bathroom and Dad looks so proud he did that all by himself. And we are all just trying to hold back the giggles until the woman behind the counter says, “Pants!” The man grabs his belt and makes sure he has his fly zipped before realizing she meant the son. He had walked out of the restroom with his pants still completely around his ankles. The Mom was like, “Good job, Dad!” It really brought some comedic relief to the heat of the day.

But we were still tired. Mom opted for the alcoholic dole whip, but Gia and I went for STARBUCKS. Coffee is her new thing. She usually doesn’t drink much of it before handing it off, so we let her have regular as opposed to decaf. We got our drinks, they asked our names, and BAM! Check out what they wrote us down as…

qrtujsEvVDQQezuIphkRUnIEuZloeWAytcVlbCj56N_-zickTvQxvULMGuFOd6u0rlwlf8K-I5o72iF2lyiyHcMT6vSfeSjCMxAFZOQeYlHv3drjGEnKT4RTNzbOoVorJmdslmpR

I think I winked at the guy taking our order enough that he actually did get her decaf without her knowing. You know, parenting.

Up next: just how tough is it to be a bug? Will JP ever nap? What other parenting trouble will I get into with the sassy 8 year old? And HOW MANY MORE TIMES WILL BE GO TO AFRICA?!

I said to the first person to make eye contact with me, “So is this where all the cool people come to wait on the food they didn’t stand in line to order?” I thought it was much funnier than they did.

:rotfl: Some people just don't know how funny you are, that's all! It must be a sad life to be such a stick in the mud.

All your safari pictures were great! I especially like the snoozing lion.

So here’s Jimmy holding Gia’s purse and carrying the baby, too. Happy Belated Father’s Day.

M4AXB8zPUuCrH__IXSvRRK4488F2nxyvPPfFydr41LldIdLf095B-j-nT0yMsPwwHoOwNESwCn2wcLCBVN_-PR4GB62qP9iQgnImt61LOii9wSu7_zKuy0fNx0sA3u_Td5Zn6DZk

He's a good man, your Jimmy. :thumbsup2

This is precious!! :lovestruc:lovestruc

A man and his (potty training age) son walk out of the bathroom and Dad looks so proud he did that all by himself. And we are all just trying to hold back the giggles until the woman behind the counter says, “Pants!” The man grabs his belt and makes sure he has his fly zipped before realizing she meant the son. He had walked out of the restroom with his pants still completely around his ankles. The Mom was like, “Good job, Dad!” It really brought some comedic relief to the heat of the day.

Oh my gosh! Hilarious! :rotfl2:

We got our drinks, they asked our names, and BAM! Check out what they wrote us down as…

qrtujsEvVDQQezuIphkRUnIEuZloeWAytcVlbCj56N_-zickTvQxvULMGuFOd6u0rlwlf8K-I5o72iF2lyiyHcMT6vSfeSjCMxAFZOQeYlHv3drjGEnKT4RTNzbOoVorJmdslmpR

Of course!! :goodvibes

I think I winked at the guy taking our order enough that he actually did get her decaf without her knowing. You know, parenting.

Haha nice! That's a win!

I'm going to have to go back a little to fill in. Michelle got her post up before I got mine together.

This was what the line for Kilamanjaro Safaris looked like while we were waiting to be seated for breakfast.
20180210_080037.jpg

This was at park opening.

I have to share these cute pictures of JP. Shortly before our trip he started "showing us his muscles". For some reason when I was drying him off after his bath he tensed up. Of course it made me laugh and I told him "he was showing his muscles". After that it became one of his tricks. The more we laughed the more he did it. He does love to be the center of attention.

DSC_0114.JPG DSC_0115.JPG DSC_0116.JPG

I have to say I have really enjoyed the Animal Kingdom ears I got. I have very thick curly hair that I pull out and try to straighten. This is why it always takes me so long to get ready. Of course the humidity is horrible for my hair. The ears did a fabulous job of holding my hair back and they were so cute.

Michelle covered most of Pandora. I was really happy to get another chance to look around. It was crowded but not as bad as when we were there for opening day. I do want to share my favorite picture of Jimmy and his painted face.

DSC_0134.JPG

Dennis would never agree to do this.

I still laugh when I think of the bathroom incident at the Baby care center. When it happened Michelle and I looked at each other and both said it was perfect for our trip report. You can't make this stuff up.

JP was a trooper on this trip. He really enjoyed being in the parks. He was looking everywhere and charming everyone. As we were walking he was trying to make eye contact with as many people as he could. There was no way this kid was going to sleep and miss something. He finally had to give up and crashed as soon as it got dark in "The Lion King". I did get two really bad pictures of Danielle and Michelle's favorite characters.

This is Danielle's. She's the character that get lifted up.

DSC_0138.JPG
Michelle like the green snake at the bottom of this picture.

DSC_0139.JPG

They both grew up dancing so always watch the dancers.

We had a beautiful setting for our lunch at Flame Tree. The birds really helped to entertain JP. Michelle and I did share a pulled pork meal. We got the beans that JP ate. I'm glad he liked them cause I didn't. They weren't the baked beans I'm use to, more like ranch style beans.

And of course after lunch we went back to Africa for the third time to ride Kilamanjaro. It was a nice ride that the kids really enjoyed. We got really close to the giraffes.

DSC_0147.JPG

And this guy blocked the road for a while.

DSC_0122_1.JPG

continued in next post. . .

After Lion King we headed out to Rafaki's. While waiting for the train Gia had a chance to get some more pressed pennies.

DSC_0162.JPG

We traveled with lots of luggage but not as much as they have at the train station.

DSC_0165.JPG

I do love all the details.

The kids really liked the petting zoo area but just so you know we did make sure the cleaned their hands afterwards.

DSC_0185.JPG

JP loves playing in any water. Getting him to wash his hands is no problem.

Of course after Rafaki's we returned to Africa again. I enjoyed watching this guy for a little while.
DSC_0189.JPG

Everyone was ready for a refreshing treat. We split ways, Michelle and her crew went for Starbucks and went to find the dole whip with a little something extra. I read about this on @amazingact21 report. I did not disappoint. I went with the dark rum choice. I have to admit I'm a total lightweight and found it a little strong at first until it melted a little and blended. I would get this again.

DSC_0190.JPG

I stopped for a bit to catch some of the entertainment too. I really love all the music in Animal Kingdom.

DSC_0191.JPG

After meeting back up with Michelle we went to the front of the park to get something from the lockers. I can't remember what it was we needed, but this is where her introduction picture came from.

DSC_0192.JPG

Believe it or not we are finally going to go to the other side of the park in the next update.

By the way… small interjection but this was the LEFTOVER band after I put one of his in a magic band buddy I ordered off of Etsy. Here’s our super cute magic bands I forgot to show you!

Maybe a silly question, but did you end up needing JP’s magic band for anything during the trip? We’re planning a visit with an infant, and just wondering if we need to figure a way to carry/attach it!

Maybe a silly question, but did you end up needing JP’s magic band for anything during the trip? We’re planning a visit with an infant, and just wondering if we need to figure a way to carry/attach it!

Is it weird that I'm so excited you asked this? Because I'm really geeking out that I have some amount of wisdom to share HAHAH.

But no, we never needed it. In fact, you can say you don't want one for an infant. But because he had one, when we rode it's a small world, his name popped up on one of the boards! Not that he knew, but it was still cute. You can't assign fastpasses to it, either. It's basically a free chew toy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter