BLM teaches kids racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
no one ever says if the person would have done what they were told nothing would have happened--sure they would have been arrested but that they brought on themselves

How did Atatiana Jefferson or Tamir Rice bring it on themselves? Breonna Taylor? Elijah McClain? None of them were doing anything wrong in the first place. Some didn't even interact with the police before being killed by them.

Here's one of the stories (from Reuters) about the Chicago rioting/looting.

A couple of key points:
  • This is NOT rioting/looting that grew out of some organized protest. There was no protest, and the kinds of social issues that have been the purpose for organized protests had absolutely nothing to do with this.
  • The disorder came from a situation where a young black man opened fire on police officers. They returned fire and he was wounded. He did not suffer life-threatening injuries.
Here's the link:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...hicago-shots-fired-100-arrested-idUSKCN2561A1

Yes.
I was saying that both your linked article and the NY Post Twitter/YouTube hero article were garbage -- and that both illustrate that any Google-Smart person can find "proof" for any point of view they hold.

Who are you to say my post is garbage, what is garbage or wrong about it? With no facts to back the claim, that is just as bad or worse. Without posting facts to show what is incorrect, what a rude, idiotic thing to say. Seems a post that says Antifa is not listed as terrorist group bc it doesn't meet gov criteria is correct. Are the points about boogaloo incorrect? Or Antifa? What are your grounds. Not everything we read is garbage, thinking that is just as dangerous. And saying that without facts is not intelligent. So I'll ask you again, what is incorrect in the article. If you can't answer then look in the mirror. Pull my post to point out as garbage and no facts to prove, who the freak you think you are. Giant bleep.

Last edited:

In order to understand what happened in Chicago the last 40 some hours you need to discount, completely and totally, everything you hear from the inept and incompetent Mayor, the Gov who is only interested in media time and higher office and the police chief who is sadly out of his depth

There is absolutely no question most of the 'attacks' or thefts were organized. That does not require some over riding organization. There are plenty of gangs in Chicago with over 10k members and they are all perfectly able to smash and grab. That is what was taking place. IL politicians don't like talking about gangs because of racial composition. They don't like talking about decades of failure in dealing with gangs.

Not being a smart guy but this is best viewed as an opportunity presented and business decisions made.

Not being a smart guy but this is best viewed as an opportunity presented and business decisions made.
Agree, and that's why I posted the comment above that this outburst had nothing at all to do with any "cause" or demonstration. This was just a bunch of opportunistic criminals using any excuse to steal stuff.

Unfortunately for BLM, all this turmoil -- whether related or completely unrelated -- gets lumped together and diverts the public's attention from real, legitimate issues.

I hate to be totally pessimistic, but events like the George Floyd and Ahmaud Arbery killings have been pushed to the background and have become old news.

I think a big part of that push came from the cowardice and hypocrisy of the Minneapolis mayor and city commission. They brayed very loudly about "Defunding the police!" But then when it came time to actually DO something, they chickened out. Instead, they decided to "study" the question for a year before making any decisions. They are either spineless, lying, or both -- your choice.

Then came the stupidity in Seattle and Portland, and now Chicago. "If it bleeds, it leads" for the news media, so as long as there is violence, discussion of important issues will be muted.

In order to understand what happened in Chicago the last 40 some hours you need to discount, completely and totally, everything you hear from the inept and incompetent Mayor, the Gov who is only interested in media time and higher office and the police chief who is sadly out of his depth

There is absolutely no question most of the 'attacks' or thefts were organized. That does not require some over riding organization. There are plenty of gangs in Chicago with over 10k members and they are all perfectly able to smash and grab. That is what was taking place. IL politicians don't like talking about gangs because of racial composition. They don't like talking about decades of failure in dealing with gangs.

The gangs mostly make their money from drugs. And they’re each composed of different ethnic groups. This mirrors the racial divide seen in prisons.

CNN and the NYT’s front page news items are about how President Trump was looking to get his head put on Mount Rushmore. Here is what is really going on in our country…..sad

Chicago Mayor Lightfoot issues warning to downtown looters: 'We are coming for you'

'We are not going to let our city be taken over by criminals and vigilantes,' Lightfoot said.

By Stephanie Pagones | Fox News 8/10/2020

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-...ing-to-downtown-looters-we-are-coming-for-you
I suspect the news is slow getting to your section of Jersey. The front page stories you noted are days old in the NYT. Perhaps you looked at the “Most Popular” stories (placement driven by readers) . Can’t speak about CNN as I rarely watch it.

@Dznypal your BLM naming comment has been made in the recent past and explained. Perhaps you forgot. So hard to keep up with current events when you are constantly in despair.

Well, the arguing and lack of respect for the thread topic has again finished another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter