BLT 1 Bedroom Laundry room ??

tkbk

Mouseketeer
I have only stayed in a studio at BLT and normally stay in 1 bedrooms at BWV or SSR. I notice while looking at several videos on line of the BLT 1 bedrooms that some have a full on laundry room in their 1 bedroom unit while some have just the folding door closet with the washer and dryer in it. Can anyone tell me which are the ordinary? We have a lake view and curious how to do the request to try and get the laundry room units as I will have my 3 grandchildren with us and it looks like just a nicer set up for storage and also to hang clothes to dry and such. So far my only request is cooer floor. Thank you for any info anyone has......

The rooms on the outer side of the "C" (even numbered) have the laundry in the small closet. The rooms on the inner side of the "C" (odd numbered) have walk in room for the laundry. This is because the rooms have a bit of a pie shape to them due to the semi circle shape of the building - the outer rooms go from their smallest part to the widest at the windows. The inner rooms go from their widest part at the entry side to their narrowest at the window. It really only affects the living area and thus also the laundry. The other difference is that the odd numbered rooms also do not have bar stools at the kitchen island because it's more narrow.

We were in a Lake view one bedroom at BLT and the large laundry room was handy to store luggage and cooler and other stuff we brought with us. But, like Kathy said, no bar stools at the kitchen island because it is smaller.

thank you so much for the answers. with those pros and cons on the size of the living room changing but also being nice having the laundry room I guess I will leave it up to fate. I have 3 grandchildren I am bringing and both the large living area but also the laundry room space are appealing. thanks again

Both the even and odd 1 & 2 BRs still have a stackable washer and dryer.

The rooms on the outer side of the "C" (even numbered) have the laundry in the small closet. The rooms on the inner side of the "C" (odd numbered) have walk in room for the laundry. This is because the rooms have a bit of a pie shape to them due to the semi circle shape of the building - the outer rooms go from their smallest part to the widest at the windows. The inner rooms go from their widest part at the entry side to their narrowest at the window. It really only affects the living area and thus also the laundry. The other difference is that the odd numbered rooms also do not have bar stools at the kitchen island because it's more narrow.
Thanks for the very clear explanation. We were just in a one bed odd # so now I know why we had a actual little laundry room.

A quick question: I swear we were in an outer 1 bed (also Lake View)last year that immediately opened to the living room instead of a wall. Am I imagining things? It was on outer “C”.
Do outer rooms not have this wall like our inner room did?

Thanks for the very clear explanation. We were just in a one bed odd # so now I know why we had a actual little laundry room.

A quick question: I swear we were in an outer 1 bed (also Lake View)last year that immediately opened to the living room instead of a wall. Am I imagining things? It was on outer “C”.
Do outer rooms not have this wall like our inner room did?
We were in an inner room and when we entered the villa, we had a small entry way that did not give us a visual of the living room until we walked around the corner. The second bathroom was right there backed up to the laundry room, too.

That was exactly our room layout

Wonder how to get the other layout where you immediately walk in and see the view from the window.

That was exactly our room layout

Wonder how to get the other layout where you immediately walk in and see the view from the window.

Are you sure it wasn't kind of a partial view towards the windows? I just have a picture looking back from the living room rather than out towards the living room but you can see how you would be looking into the room when you entered. But the kitchen layout in all the rooms has the fridge along that wall so it isn't an open expanse. I haven't been in an HA layout though so maybe that's modified a bit.

p1370789814-4.jpg

Here you see the wall when looking at the laundry closet of the even numbered rooms:

p1370791062-4.jpg

DSC07985.JPG
It's different in the inner C rooms. You can see the full sized laundry room here and a wall next to it. That's the extra bathroom wall. Go to the right and then to the left and you see the entrance to the villa. The closet is somewhere in the entry way, along with the mirror.

View attachment 370144
It's different in the inner C rooms. You can see the full sized laundry room here and a wall next to it. That's the extra bathroom wall. Go to the right and then to the left and you see the entrance to the villa. The closet is somewhere in the entry way, along with the mirror.

Are you replying to the question about the view or the laundry? If the view I thought they were asking about the outer rooms and being able to see out the windows when you walk in.

First....thank you so much for posting the pics Kat4Disney and Kat & Bill!!

Last week we definitely had the layout in Deb & Bill’s pic. (Odd number/inner C)

The layout I was wondering about was definitely Kat4Disney’s pic. Do u think that’s the even number/outer C rooms?

Are you replying to the question about the view or the laundry? If the view I thought they were asking about the outer rooms and being able to see out the windows when you walk in.
Both. It's just a photo I found that I had taken when we stayed there. And it showed both the larger laundry room and the inability to see out the window when you walk into the room. Plus it also shows the difference in the kitchen island with lack of stools.

First....thank you so much for posting the pics Kat4Disney and Kat & Bill!!

Last week we definitely had the layout in Deb & Bill’s pic. (Odd number/inner C)

The layout I was wondering about was definitely Kat4Disney’s pic. Do u think that’s the even number/outer C rooms?

Yes, that's the outer room layout. Even numbered.

It was funny, though, when you look on the member website at the floor plans, they show identical plans for theme park view and lake view. Those actually should be different in most cases. Some lake view will be on the outer side of the C, but not too many.

It was funny, though, when you look on the member website at the floor plans, they show identical plans for theme park view and lake view. Those actually should be different in most cases. Some lake view will be on the outer side of the C, but not too many.

It looks like they used the outer room layout for the 1BR's and the inner for the 2br's. I guess they're relying on the disclaimer that layouts can be changed at anytime. :laughing:

It looks like they used the outer room layout for the 1BR's and the inner for the 2br's. I guess they're relying on the disclaimer that layouts can be changed at anytime. :laughing:
And some of them are even mixed up with stools at the island and the large laundry room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!