BLT lake view at 7mo in late August?

suebeelin

DIS Veteran
My brother and I are trying to coordinate a family trip. He has SSR, I have BLT.

The trip is for my mom who loves MK. It's to celebrate my parent's 50th.

We've decided to book at BLT during the 3rd week of August.

Question: how likely is it that my brother can get lake view 2bd on his SSR points during the 3rd week of August at the 7mo mark?

I've already missed out on getting the std 2bd (ugh) but will waitlist. How likely is it for my to get a std 2bd off the waitlist? We are only looking at 4 nights (Saturday through Wednesday). Should I book the lake view rooms now, or just waitlist the std rooms?

Any observations and advice much appreciated!

Book the lake view villas now. Then add the weekends with his points.

Likelihood on SV is pretty poor. They are the hardest rooms in DVC at this point behind AKV Club and Value across the balance of the year.

Your odds of Lakeview are pretty good right at 7 months. Something like 70% of the rooms are considered Lakeview. Standard view is probably not going to happen.

Awesome! Thank you....
Your odds of Lakeview are pretty good right at 7 months. Something like 70% of the rooms are considered Lakeview. Standard view is probably not going to happen.

Awesome! Thank you!

It looks like my brother's wife just nixxed the 3rd week of August. Something about a wedding she is helping to plan. It's good to know, however, that lake views are easy to come by!

I guess a lot can change in two years, but I was able to get a dedicated two bedroom standard at BLT at 7 months for July 4th weekend and the week following.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter