BLT rundown already??

charminnie

Mouseketeer
Going for first time to BLT in October. Getting nervous from bad reviews about stained carpets, torn furniture etc. Have always stayed at Kidani and love it but wanted to try BLT and monorail resort. Please give me some feedback. Will we be let down. Can it really be run down already??

We've stayed at BLT a couple of times. We have not had any problems. I think they've had a couple of quality issues since the start. Some of the furnishings might not have been of the best quality to start. They've also had some problems that have nothing to do with their furnishings. There have been posts of getting a villa where a child has scratched or carved up tabletops. This has happened at the other resorts as well.

I wouldn't call it "run down" but the furnishings are of a type that really shows every scratch and dent. It's just the nature of that sleek contemporary design and the dark wood.

I stayed at BLT twice in the first year it was open and everything already looked somewhat beat up. I agree with the previous poster who said the quality of the furnishings is probably not up to snuff.

So is it worn out? No. Banged up looking? Yes.

We bought BLT without seeing it (other than from the monorail as we drove by). I was worried for our first trip in October. It was fine. yeah its not in perfect condition, but nothing bothered me at all. We had an awesome stay :)

We have stayed 4 times; twice as cash guests and twice as DVC owners. Had amazing rooms and experiences all 4 times. Absolutely no difference in treatment from cash guest to DVC owner (except mousekeeping but that was not different for us as we always leave the do not disturb sign up anyhow).

Start looking forward to your stay as it will be over before you know it. Enjoy the beautiful resort!!!

We stayed at BLT in Nov 2012 in a 1 bedroom. We found it needed painting already and a lot of the furniture was a bit worn. I was very surprised given how new it is. We also found the CM's very friendly and helpful. We had no blankets in the unit for the sleeper chair or sofa. Someone brought them right away.

Our room last fall was beautiful in a 2br....no problems! But I was worried too...these boards make it sound like the place is falling apart. We enjoyed ourselves so much, we are doing it again this Sept in BLT!

Going for first time to BLT in October. Getting nervous from bad reviews about stained carpets, torn furniture etc. Have always stayed at Kidani and love it but wanted to try BLT and monorail resort. Please give me some feedback. Will we be let down. Can it really be run down already??

"Already"? The resort has been open for 3.5 years now with pretty much every villa in continuous use. The quality of furnishings have always been a topic for spirited debate but even with the best furniture & fixtures, it takes less than 3 years for wear-and-tear to materialize.

With any timeshare, like-new conditions are rarely encountered. Expect the facilities to be in lived-in condition. If there is any damage which prevents you from using the facilities (plumbing, appliances, light bulbs, door pulls, etc), report the issue and it will be resolved. But cosmetic issues like stains on carpet and furniture are always a possibility. It's just not practical to think they will pull up carpeting and replace pieces of furniture every time a careless guest leaves behind a mess.

Could just be our luck but BLT has had more damage and ware issues than any other DVC resort.

We first stayed there soon after it was built and several times since then.

Chipped cabinet and dining table laminate. Dirty walls, stained carpet, hole in ceiling above kitchen island, damaged lamp in living room and above dining table. Damaged window blinds and door hardware and the AC would not keep the room cool.

Most issues were people caused but BLT doesn't seem to hold up well and/or they have more people partying there than the other resorts.

:earsboy: Bill

We stayed last October in a studio and our room was fine. Didn't notice anything. Although I will say I too have read about the wear and tear of the furniture/rooms. We own at BLT so we are partial to it, but honestly there wasn't anything to make note of about our room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter