BLT Studio size

Smilelea

DIS Veteran
Are they really THAT small? We have been talking about doing the 25 point direct add-on and BLT is on our short list, but I've seen several references here on Disboards about the studios being particularly small. Are they really so small that it's problematic for a family of two adults and two kids?

Last edited:
It really depends. The kids have to share. Some would say they've done an inflatable in the kitchenette to avoid that, but even so, with the sofa bed out there is very little moving space. They're between 310-316 square feet, depending on where in the curve they are. This is about the size of a moderate room, but the kitchenette uses space not a factor at a mod.

If you're sleeping 4 at BLT, best to be park warriors.

I actually haven't stayed in a BLT studio yet either, but already decided that we are adding on so we can stay in 1BR at least at BLT - we have 2 girls ages 6 and 2. On our last trip we rented points to stay in studios at VGF and BCV, 2 studios that have the pull down bed, and the baby was still in a crib. So we had a proper couch and seating area as well. I've done so many youtube walkthroughs and pored over floorplans, and I think we'd rather go for a shorter time and have a larger room, if it came to that.

It's small. With just me and my son it was fine but with our luggage and owners locker out along with the couch out there wasnt a lot of room to move around. Can't imagine adding 2 more people to that equation. I guess we would have to more fully unpack and make use of the closet a bit more. And close the couch during the day. I love the resort, the location, and I think the room would be great for a couple. But for a family of 4 I'd consider somewhere else, like the Polynesian. Those are the largest studios on property and if you go with 30 points thats a little more coverage for weekend nights if need be.

It was fine for myself, my wife, and a 2 and 4 year old, but probably only a year or two to go before issues begin. The sleeper sofa was very comfy and I liked the separate kitchenette area, but we all slept within what seemed like 12 feet of each other from one end to another.
Also, with the sleeper sofa open, there is minimal room to walk around it to get to either the bathroom or the balcony.
I'm signed up to do it again this next summer, but only as a backup if my 7 month hopefuls do not come through.

It is quite cozy. There is not a lot of room to move when the couch is pulled out. This was a little problematic when trying to get to the bathroom in the dark. It is also hard to get to the balcony with the bed pulled out and the cushions in the way. I did really like all of the storage areas in the room though.

Imho you should stay 2 adults and 1 child in the studios. All the DVC studios shouldn’t hold more than 3 people max as they are all so small. Imho staying 5 in a studio at poly is close to madness as it will get so cramped with a high risk of impacting your vacation.

IF you would choose to stay 5 at poly you should be fine staying 4 at BLT.

There isn't a night stand for the queen bed at BLT in the studio because there isn't room for it. There is a turn on the headboard that serves as a little night stand. When you open up the double sleeper sofa, you have about eight to twelve inches between the bed and the sleeper sofa. Same on the wall side of the bed. And the sleeper sofa is right up against the window when it is opened up on the other side. The bathroom is good sized, as is the kitchenette. So that didn't leave much room in the living area.

Are they really so small that it's problematic for a family of two adults and two kids?

I think so.

Ive only stayed there with my cousin and it felt too close. The pullout and the bed are right next to each other. The bathroom door is weird.

All the DVC studios shouldn’t hold more than 3 people max as they are all so small

Hmm. OKW and BW studios have felt find to me.

The bathroom is good sized, as is the kitchenette.

Yep. They surely made some weird decisions with what should have had extra space!

love BLT - that say I stay in studios - but it is one thing traveling solo and another traveling with a family. Understand wanting BLT it is so nice to walk to the MK. definitely beats anything else. Vwl (can't even think what the new name is) is the same size as BWV and BCV - now you can't walk to the MK but you can definitely boat to it (bus too)

OKW has 2 queen beds and I think the largest of the studios (not sure if Polyn beats it or not)

Yes, they are. I thought it was small for 2 adults using both beds. I can't imagine it with 4 people.

I also love the BLT studio layout. Best for 2 people IMO or a family who is ok with tight quarters. The kitchenette is the best of the DVC studios and the bathroom is quite large. It's also one of the few DVC's that has consistently sized balconies - all a very decent size.

Yep. They surely made some weird decisions with what should have had extra space!
Probably because the kitchenette originally had the bathroom sink and mirror in it. Until people got grossed out not being able to wash their hands after they used the toilet without touching the bathroom door. And didn't like the idea of hair in their breakfast. The bathroom had to be that large so they could put the door in.

Probably because the kitchenette originally had the bathroom sink and mirror in it. Until people got grossed out not being able to wash their hands after they used the toilet without touching the bathroom door. And didn't like the idea of hair in their breakfast. The bathroom had to be that large so they could put the door in.

When we toured the models before it opened my comment on the sink pretty much mirrored that. The guide at the time said feedback was about 50/50 which probably meant about 80/20 in Disney speak.

I'm not certain what you mean on the bathroom being that large for the door? It's a barn door so it slides on the outside of the wall and just requires outside wall space which even a small bathroom would provide. It's a design option that has gained even more popularity since the time BLT was built.

For the first time in years, my wife and I stayed at a value resort (all music) because we decided to add on to the front of our vacation and couldn't get the extra day at BLT, where the rest of our vacation was booked. Going from a value to a BLT studio made the BLT studio feel spacious... On the other hand, the BLT studio does feel a little tighter than other DVC studios due to how it is laid out. So, it's all perspective.

It's a shame the BLT studios are so small because it almost ruins an otherwise wonderful resort for us. I agree with the OP about the balconies, even those tiny studios have the same full-sized balcony as the other rooms which is a nice plus. I guess maybe one of us could sleep on the balcony!

I remember commenting to CMs about how small the studios are during our first BLT studio stay the first week it opened. Someone said at that time the studios were so small due to the curvature of the building which takes space away or something like that. I remember saying that made no sense, Disney designed the building and built it from scratch, they were not taking over an existing building, so that means they could have designed the studios to be any size they wanted them to be. Their comments were Disney-speak I guess.

On a separate note I also recall there were no soap dishes in the shower in the BLT studios. Yes there was literally nowhere to put your soap! The last time we stayed there that was still an issue, even though we pointed it out they have never fixed it as far as I know. Does anyone here know if this has been addressed? A minor point to be sure but rather inconvenient. I also remember those sinks being in the kitchen instead of the bathroom and no lock on the bathroom doors! Good thing they addressed those issues at least.

That said due to the balconies and the location we still like the BLT but because of the small size of the studios we don't stay there as often as we would otherwise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter