BLT Studio size

For the first time in years, my wife and I stayed at a value resort (all music) because we decided to add on to the front of our vacation and couldn't get the extra day at BLT, where the rest of our vacation was booked. Going from a value to a BLT studio made the BLT studio feel spacious... On the other hand, the BLT studio does feel a little tighter than other DVC studios due to how it is laid out. So, it's all perspective.

Yes but remember Disney compares DVC locations to Deluxe accomodations, and with a Deluxe you should have MUCH more space than a value resort, not just a little more space.

If my source is correct, BLT studios are larger than CCV studios. They're maybe 15 square feet smaller than average. That's about one foot shorter. They really aren't that small, but the layout is not optimized for large families. Some resorts just aren't designed to pile five people into a studio.

If my source is correct, BLT studios are larger than CCV studios. They're maybe 15 square feet smaller than average. That's about one foot shorter. They really aren't that small, but the layout is not optimized for large families. Some resorts just aren't designed to pile five people into a studio.

FYI, BLT studios are 339 sq feet and CCV studios are 338 sq feet. You may as well say they are the same size even though their layouts may be slightly different.

I
On a separate note I also recall there were no soap dishes in the shower in the BLT studios. Yes there was literally nowhere to put your soap! The last time we stayed there that was still an issue, even though we pointed it out they have never fixed it as far as I know. Does anyone here know if this has been addressed? A minor point to be sure but rather inconvenient. I also remember those sinks being in the kitchen instead of the bathroom and no lock on the bathroom doors! Good thing they addressed those issues at least.

There aren't soap holders in any of the showers at BLT. Apparently Contemporary people don't need them.........

There was a list of 4-5 missing things that I sent to BLT way back after my first stay there. I'm sure they were common complaints because actually corrected most of them although not the soap holders. The other thing was a sheer drape which they got into the larger villas but said they couldn't fit into the studios.

I think that's correct - it's the same "cozy" feel in both of them. :)

Probably because the kitchenette originally had the bathroom sink and mirror in it. Until people got grossed out not being able to wash their hands after they used the toilet without touching the bathroom door. And didn't like the idea of hair in their breakfast. The bathroom had to be that large so they could put the door in.

And circling back to weird design decisions.... ;)

It's a design option that has gained even more popularity since the time BLT was built.

A barn style door shouldn’t be used for bathrooms IMO. Even with the lock it doesn't feel private. Especially with the exact design of the door.

Going from a value to a BLT studio made the BLT studio feel spacious...

Writd. I’m picturing our room at POP, and it felt a lot bigger than the studio to me.

Their comments were Disney-speak I guess.

No doubt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter