BLT to BWV trasportation

macemc12

Mouseketeer
We have dining reservations at a boardwalk restaurant for our trip coming up in March. What is the best route to take using Disney transportation? How much time should we allow to get there? Thanks for any help!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Fastest is a cab. Via Disney, fastest is to walk over to MK (or take monorail to MK, walking is faster) and board bus to BWV. Entire trip can take 30 minutes to an hour depending on how long you have to wait for bus.

You might want to consider visiting Epcot first and then walking over to the Boardwalk. Other then a cab or car, that is probably the only way to have control over the travel time.

1. bus to dhs and walk or boat to BWV (walk is about 18 mins, boat is 20 not counting wait times)
2. walk to MK and take the BW bus
3. if you have hoppers, monorail to Epcot, walk thru to BW
4. take a cab

time to allow???
1. about an hour
2. probably 45 mins
3. probably 45 mins
4. about 15 mins or so, but cost is involved.

Quickest way would be a cab. Otherwise you'll have to leave at least 1.5 hours to get there (no joke...). Otherwise I'd suggest walking to MK and taking a bus from MK to BWV. However, that also can take awhile. Last time I went from MK to BWV via bus it took over 45 minutes.

1. bus to dhs and walk or boat to BWV (walk is about 18 mins, boat is 20 not counting wait times)
2. walk to MK and take the BW bus
3. if you have hoppers, monorail to Epcot, walk thru to BW
4. take a cab

time to allow???
1. about an hour
2. probably 45 mins
3. probably 45 mins
4. about 15 mins or so, but cost is involved.

It once took me an hour to get from DHS to BWV for a dinner. The first boat filled up, then we had to wait for the 2nd boat.., now, if you don't mind walking 1+ mile in your dinner attire, you can bring it down to 20 or less minutes.

For 2, it depends if the MK to BWV bus is direct..many afternoons it is shared and first stops at YC, then BC, then finally BWV

Thanks all! I had heard the travel to BWV can be time consuming. Thanks for confirming!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

would walk over to the MK - then take the first bus over - be it BWV, D&S - or YC/BC - think they are together.

Not always. Sometimes they seperate into S/D/BW with one bus, And YC/BC gets another bus.

I think the commenter was referring to take the first bus to any of those locations, because it's not only a short walk from YC/BC or S/D to BW, but the bus stops for those locations are in close proximity at the MK Bus area.

Cab is obviously the quickest but the quickest free option is definitely to walk to MK and get a bus to any of the Epcot resorts - whichever bus is there first like the other person mentioned. A close second would be to monorail to Epcot then walk to the back entrance to the Epcot resorts. I prefer that method but then again I love the monorail (and like the other person mentioned, it does require hoppers).

PS If it is a very busy day you might want to skip the monorail to Epcot option because you could get tied up at the turnstiles and security.

I had to do this on my last trip. The easiest way short of paying for a cab is catching a bus to bwv from the mk bus depot... Only a 5 min walk from blt. It was pretty easy as far as busses go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter