Blue Card Increased Info 100 to 125 (Effective Oct 19)

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
This is a rumor and likely will remain one until the very last second.

Expected change: 100 becoming 125 points for full Blue Card
Expected Date of change: Sept 18 or Oct 1
Date of Change: October 19, 2020

What you should know:
  • Once point requirements go up there is no ability to get benefits for the old point requirement
  • Blue cards are locked in and as long as you purchase 100 points prior to the increase you will retain any benefits from the membership
  • Currently the primary benefits are not available which are the AP discount and Moonlight events
  • All benefits are not guaranteed and could be removed in future
When do you need to purchase by?
While the exact date it not known be aware there is no guarantee of sold out resort points being available or specific UYs. Last year many sold out resorts had no points available by the last day before the blue card minimum moved from 75 to 100. If you want a specific resort then you should contact Disney sooner than later.

What if I change my mind?
You are able to cancel a direct contract up to 10 days after signing. You will have needed to put down a down payment though to start the contract process.

How can you pay?
While there are loans with interest of 10%+ from Disney the best is if you are able to pay cash. You are able to charge the contract all to a credit card (which can be spread over 90 days with approval). Paying with a Disney Visa gets you 6 months interest free and Chase Freedom 15 months interest free. Your goal should be to pay $0 in interest.

Original leak of this rumor can be found with discussion here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/rumor-by-agent-blue-card-min-going-up.3808078/

Fall Incentives: https://www.disboards.com/threads/direct-sales-incentives-fall-2020-9-17-11-4.3813445/

Last edited:
Wow!! Great info, but with APs not around right now which is the only reason to buy direct imho not sure how much this will sway buyers. Those on the fence might jump in now but it might turn others away

Wow!! Great info, but with APs not around right now which is the only reason to buy direct imho not sure how much this will sway buyers. Those on the fence might jump in now but it might turn others away

Just trying to avoid the posts in a couple weeks of "I didn't know" and "they didn't have any of xxxxxxx resort" as much as possible.

125 is probably the minimum amount of points required for a week in a studio. Probably need 150 or more for a fixed week at the Riviera. So it wouldn't be a bad time to buy direct with the incentives and no restrictions.

Well we are now counting down on this change. Just 2 weeks out at this point.

Same with the Summer Incentives if you are looking to get something specific best to reach out by the end of next week or sooner.

Same with the Summer Incentives if you are looking to get something specific best to reach out by the end of next week or sooner.
The $1 incentive for 100-124 points makes this all the more real.

The $1 incentive for 100-124 points makes this all the more real.

Have we seen, in writing, an announcement that this is really happening? It's been verbally confirmed by guides many times over.

Incidentally, the Welcome Home page (the one they send the link to in the Next Steps email) still says 75 point minimum at the bottom!

My guide told me yesterday that the date for the increase will be 10/15.

So, a couple more weeks to think about it... if he's correct.

Have we seen, in writing, an announcement that this is really happening? It's been verbally confirmed by guides many times over.

Incidentally, the Welcome Home page (the one they send the link to in the Next Steps email) still says 75 point minimum at the bottom!

View attachment 526442
I bought in last week and noticed this. I went back to them and they admitted this was an error and they would update it.

My bus driver told me it was a new owner minimum, not a perks minimum. That's my hunch. But time will tell...
Actually it makes sense to make it the new owner minimum. 100 points is pigeon-holing everyone into studios or tower studios. 125 with banking gets you a 1 bedroom every other year I think at the RR during the first three seasons. I think some people buy to go every other year and honestly 125 is a better option - as that is 50 points more.

Actually it makes sense to make it the new owner minimum. 100 points is pigeon-holing everyone into studios or tower studios. 125 with banking gets you a 1 bedroom every other year I think at the RR during the first three seasons. I think some people buy to go every other year and honestly 125 is a better option - as that is 50 points more.

.... 100 isn't pigeon-holing everyone, as not everyone buys the minimum. In theory, increasing the minimum new contract to 125 could cause excessive demand for 1 bedrooms and larger units.
At most resorts, 100 points gets you a studio for a week, every 1-2 years (depending on type of studio, resort and time of year).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter