Blue Friday 2017

FLOIR

DIS Veteran
The announcement for Blue Friday just came out earlier today. Here are some of the highlights -

Admission Offers:

• BOGO SWO SDT

• BOGO 2-Park Ticket (SWO/APO)
• BOGO 50% off SWO/APO Pass
• Save up to $110 on Discovery Cove Gift Admission Packages

Additional Offers:

• BOGO Beluga & Walrus Up-Close Tour

• BOGO SWO Quick Queue Unlimited
• BOGO Dine With Shamu
• BOGO 50% All-Day Dining
• 30% Off Merchandise at SeaWorldShop.com

The online-exclusive deals are available from 6 p.m. on Nov. 24 — a.k.a. Thanksgiving Day — until 11:59 p.m. on the following Monday — Nov. 27. Participants can get a six-hour head start, making purchases by noon on Nov. 24. — by signing up to become an email subscriber by Nov. 22. Folks can register at seaworldorlando.com/bluefriday.

My email says that for the annual passes (BOGO 50%), you must visit by January 31st, 2018. SUPER disappointed. I planned to spend two separate weeks at Seaworld and Aquatica in 2018, but not in the first month of the year.

I wonder when they will release the 2018 blackout dates for Discovey Cove gift admission?

So bummed. We had to cancel our entire trip to Florida when my husband’s sister died suddenly last April. Seaworld was fabulous when it happened. I was looking forward to rebooking but was so disappointed that some of the offers must be used by mid March. We are going in June and wanted to do the Shamu dine and behind the scenes tours.

BOGO50% on AP's would have been nice, but not interested in Aquatica as part of the mix. Thought they might have been more desperate for ticket buyers this year, but I guess not.

Will the BOGO free offer also include the $20 discount? So tickets would still be $79.99 for two?

I hope so! Fingers crossed!

For the Dine with Shamu do you think you will have to pick a date when you purchase them or will it be a voucher for any date within the validity period? If I have a reservation now do you think it can be applied or do you think it is only for new reservations?

As for QQ we are staying at a hotel that offers free QQ but I have read that hotels can run out of these quickly, and since we are going over the holidays wondering if I should buy them on Blue Friday or hope that I can get them at the hotel for no charge?

We are going to SeaWorld the day after Thanksgiving. We already have our tickets but were thinking of doing Quick Queue Unlimited. Anyone know if we waited until Thanksgiving Day to take advantage of the Buy One get One Free whether that is cutting it too close to use the very next day? Thanks!

Currently $364 with no blackout dates or $254 with blackouts. Only 2017 blackout dates are listed from what I saw.

For DC dates I'm considering in 2/17 seeing regular price of $260 plus. Can't imagine that would be a blackout period anyway. Hate that vague save "UP TO" business in any promotion.

My AP expired middle of October. Had hoped to see a true BOGO free deal again since they are supposed to be in such dire straits financially:confused3. Realize it'd be $300, a fraction of our U & WDW APs, yet I had hoped it'd be in the $200 range. Another ding to the travel budget:rolleyes1

Thinking the APH discount would be better for my dates considering I'd need to book at least 2 swims, 3 if I'm going to participate again.:scratchin Guess I'll try to call & see if 2018 discounts are out yet & if they'll tell me without having the pass in hand.

Last year the all day dine was BOGO free-had really hoped for that to be the case again. We already have passes, plan on staying at a hotel to get quick que and seating. The dine and tours were what we were watching for, and it is not the tour we really wanted. Time to start replanning.

If we already have the dine w/ shamu booked and then buy the BOGO deal can we swap it? Same ? for the tours.

So bummed. We had to cancel our entire trip to Florida when my husband’s sister died suddenly last April. Seaworld was fabulous when it happened. I was looking forward to rebooking but was so disappointed that some of the offers must be used by mid March. We are going in June and wanted to do the Shamu dine and behind the scenes tours.

There are always ticket deals to seaworld. Many are just as good or the same.

BOGO50% on AP's would have been nice, but not interested in Aquatica as part of the mix. Thought they might have been more desperate for ticket buyers this year, but I guess not.

They did the same last year as well.

I don't know where the talk of blackout dates for DC came up. I did this offer last year and there was no blackout dates.

Last year, the admission for DC as part of the Blue Friday sale was $229.00. You bought a voucher, for lack of a better word, that you then turned in to book any day you wanted. The reason it says "up to $110" is because it depends on when you go in the year. If you go in the summer, when it's the most expensive, then you save the most because you'll only have paid $229 for that admission. If you go on the off season, when admission is only like $250, then you're only saving $20.

I hope my explanation makes sense. And as I said, this is how it worked last year. I'm not sure if anything is changing this year but no where in the info for this year have I seen anything about blackout dates.

I don't know where the talk of blackout dates for DC came up. I did this offer last year and there was no blackout dates.

Last year, the admission for DC as part of the Blue Friday sale was $229.00. You bought a voucher, for lack of a better word, that you then turned in to book any day you wanted. The reason it says "up to $110" is because it depends on when you go in the year. If you go in the summer, when it's the most expensive, then you save the most because you'll only have paid $229 for that admission. If you go on the off season, when admission is only like $250, then you're only saving $20.

I hope my explanation makes sense. And as I said, this is how it worked last year. I'm not sure if anything is changing this year but no where in the info for this year have I seen anything about blackout dates.

The Blue Friday lists it as "Save up to $110 when you buy a Discovery Cove Gift Admission Package."

From the DC site:
The Discovery Cove Gift Admission Package gives you the flexibility to purchase a Dolphin Swim or Day Resort, and your gift recipient can choose their own reservation date. Plus, each package includes admission to SeaWorld and Aquatica for 14 days surrounding their selected date.

Reservations must be used within one year from date of purchase.

It then goes on to list 4 gift admission options: with/without dolphin swim and "no blackout dates" vs. "includes blackout dates".

Blackout dates are listed in the details as:
  • 2017 Blockout Dates Include: April 1st through April 12th and June 12th through August 26th.

FYI

Called Discovery Cove today, told the APH discount schedule is not in place yet past January 2, 2018, but she saw nothing past December.

Was told to check back closer to end of the month. Will be frustrating if it isn't in place before Blue Friday, considering the BOBO 1/2 off offers are featured.

Also, notice that the military offers haven't been extended yet either.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter