Boardwalk Bakery

iluvwdw_2002

Smile and ALWAYS have fun!!!
Hey, Everyone!! :wave:

I have a simple (I hope) question. We are staying at POFQ for our May trip. We were watching on the Food Network, the special they had regarding WDW food. It was sooo yummy!! :teeth:

One of the places they showed was the Boardwalk Bakery for breakfast...because they have yummy breakfast pastries. So, my DH and I were intrigued!! :hyper:

My question is...how do we get from POFQ to the Boardwalk Bakery for breakfast one morning...preferably prior to the parks opening? :teeth: Does the boat that runs from MGM to EPCOT (with a stop at the Boardwalk) run early in the morning before the parks open?

I would greatly appreciate your help...I have been having sweet dreams of the Boardwalk Bakery patries I saw on Food Network. :hyper:

Thanks!!

I don't have an answer for you, but would like to know the answer to this as well. Looks like we will be staying at POFQ at the same time as you, we're celebrating our 10th anniversary! We are at POFQ May 18-21 (after 10 days at POP) and I wondered about heading over to the Boardwalk as well, never been there before. Did you ask this question on the transportation board too?

don't know about the boat, but if you can get to MGM you can walk to Boardwalk, eat breakfast, and then walk back to MGM. You can also drive over and park, eat, then drive to MGM for your visit there.

We walked from MGM to BW last spring and it took less than 15 minutes (I think).

to save on time, I would take a cab. It will cost less than $10.00 and if the weather is bad, you won't get wet.:D

Have FUN

The House of Mouse,

That is awesome!! Congratulations on your 10th! I have not asked this question on the transportation board, but I will definitely post.

AreWeThereYet & MinnieFan4ever,

Thanks for the responses! How do you walk to Boardwalk from MGM? I don't think I have ever done that. I have always taken the boat.

Thanks!!
:wave:

We've had the pastries at BW and have found that the Main Street Bakery in MK, the French Bakery in EPCOT, and the Starring Rolls Bakery at MGM are just as good. I really don't think you can go wrong with any of the WDW bakeries (mmm . . . )

That said, the MGM option to BW may be your best bet if you want to be there prior to park openings. If it's a nice day, there's a new-ish path near the entrance/parking area that goes between BW and MGM along the waterway (I believe it's marked). I'm not sure the treats would be worth the cab fare, to be honest. ::MickeyMo

EeyoreJMH,

Thank you for the response!! The list of the bakeries in the parks is awesome, and then we can probably get the same type of pastries in the morning when we get to the parks and then hit the rides!! :Pinkbounc

Can't wait!!! 36 days and counting!!!

Anyone know how early the bakery opens? Is there a place inside to sit or is it only "take-out"?

We are staying at BCV for the first time and this sounds like a great idea on those mornings my girls do not want another "boring" in room breakfast. ;)

Originally posted by DVC Jen
Anyone know how early the bakery opens? Is there a place inside to sit or is it only "take-out"?

We are staying at BCV for the first time and this sounds like a great idea on those mornings my girls do not want another "boring" in room breakfast. ;)
It's take out but there are tables outside the restaurant....and benches all around the Boardwalk.

DVCJen,
BWV is our home resort, so we have done the bakery many times.
It's great for a light breakfast. It's so nice to sit outside with your pasteries, bagels, cream cheese,etc. and watch the boats go by. The boardwalk is pretty quiet in the morning, so it's a nice way to ease yourself into the day. You can also get the refillable BW mugs there.
Have fun! We'll be there in 55 days..................:Pinkbounc

Jill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter