Boardwalk Parking Limit

Sonny Eclipse

Earning My Ears
I've read recently that they are handing out 3 hour parking passes for the Boardwalk. Is this true? The Boardwalk is one of our favorite places and we usually go there a few times each trip for dinner and drinks. I'm pretty sure we always spend more than three hours there especially if we end up going to Jellyrolls after dinner. Can anybody confirm that there is really a 3 hour time limit for Boardwalk parking?

There is a parking lot across the street from the main entrance to Boardwalk that has no limit and should be used for visitors to Boardwalk.
You can also valet park with no time limit. I believe the charge is 6.00 plus tip.

I've never received a 3 hour pass there but I have seen them direct people across the street, especially if they do not have a WDW Parking Permit and the lot is crowded. Valet parking would be the easiest.

Thanks for the responses. I'm not sure where the lot across the street is. Is this before you get to the security guard? I don't mind parking there but I always thought you had to check in with the guard when visiting the Boardwalk.

I just realized I posted this in theme park attractions and would appreciate it if it could be moved to the proper forum. Thanks.

Instead of turning left into the Boardwalk parking lot, go a little farther and it's on the right. I believe there is a light there.

The only 2 resorts where I have ever rec'd. a parking pass with a "3 hour limit" are the Poly, and DAK, but no one checks it when you leave, and no one says you have to leave it in plain view.

I truly believe the Guard Shacks are there to turn away carloads of teens not adults.
Instead of turning left into the Boardwalk parking lot, go a little farther and it's on the right. I believe there is a light there.
Correct.

Originally posted by Dznefreek
The only 2 resorts where I have ever rec'd. a parking pass with a "3 hour limit" are the Poly, and DAK, but no one checks it when you leave, and no one says you have to leave it in plain view.

I truly believe the Guard Shacks are there to turn away carloads of teens not adults. Correct.
So do you avoid the guard shack altogether or does the guard direct you to this lot? Thanks

You can avoid the Guard to go to this lot.

Originally posted by Sonny Eclipse
Thanks for the responses. I'm not sure where the lot across the street is. Is this before you get to the security guard? I don't mind parking there but I always thought you had to check in with the guard when visiting the Boardwalk.

Instead if taking a left into the parking lot, you stay to the right and a bit past the left there is a parking lot to your right. No guard no hassles, no taking paying guest's spots, really easy.

I truly believe the Guard Shacks are there to turn away carloads of teens not adults. Correct.

No, I do not believe that is true. If you are not a resort guest, you have no right to park there. Age has no significance in this situation. either pay the valet or park somewhere else.

I don't know how much significance this has but here is the exact wording from the "MouseSavers" newsletter & Website at http://www.mousesavers.com/freestuff.html

"Disney's Boardwalk is built around a lake and is beautifully themed to be reminiscent of Cape May or Coney Island in the 1940s. It's fun just walking around and enjoying the atmosphere! If you are staying on Disney property, you can use Disney transportation to get to the Boardwalk. If you drive to the Boardwalk, you can get a free 3-hour parking permit from the lot attendant"
It goes on to mention the other resort hotels as well.

"Disney's Resort Hotels

Every one of the Disney hotels is themed and some of them are literally breathtaking. All of the Moderate and Deluxe resorts, especially, have extraordinary theming and are well worth a visit. You can take Disney transportation from any of the four theme parks to any of the resort hotels. If you drive to one of the resorts, you can get a free 3-hour parking permit from the gate attendant."

So do you avoid the guard shack altogether or does the guard direct you to this lot? Thanks
I do not avoid the Guard Shack and yes they tell me where to park. They just ask for ID and say "Have a nice day."
If you are not a resort guest, you have no right to park there.
So if you are going to shop or dine you should not park there????????

So if you are going to shop or dine you should not park there????????

You can park there to shop or dine at the Boardwalk. You are not supposed to park there just to go to Epcot to avoid the crowds after Illuminations or avoid the parking fee at Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter