Boardwalk Villa-2 bedroom..hopefully!

BYC

DIS Veteran
We MAY have an opportunity to rent points for a 2 bedroom Boardwalk villa. It is a bit out of our price range, but I am trying to figure out how we can do it. We are 5 adults----need 4 beds. Here is what I would like----can someone tell me how to do it?? We will probably get standard view, because of the cost. We would like to be as close to the action as possible....not worried about noise. I would also like a large balcony. What room/s would be best to request? I realize with a standard view, it won't be as great as the preferred, but has anyone stayed standard, and found their room was just perfect?? :goodvibes:goodvibes

All the 2BRs at BWV are a combined 1BR and connecting studio. Internally, they are essentailly the same with a king in the master, couch/pull out queen in the living room, and queen and couch/pull out double in the second bedroom (studio). Most do not have large balconies, They are adequate but far from being large. Moreover those small number of rooms with large balconies (wooden type porches as opposed to metal rail ones for most rooms) are all in the preferred and boardwalk view booking categories.

The standards run alonmg the front of the building and around one corner and most officially have parking lot view but you usually see trees and a lot of grass before seeing the parking lot. The preferred pool/garden view rooms are really not that much better. The boardwalk view rooms, however, offer the best view on site.

Be aware that standard view roooms, which are less than 20% of all rooms, can often book quickly once the 11 month booking window opens for owners of the resort and thus unless you can find a BWV owner to rent points and reserve 11 months out, you may face difficulty getting standard view.

To rent you could go to the rent/trade board and see if there is a boardwalk owner renting; you could also try David's, the rental broker whose ad is at the top of that page. As far as requests go, you should likely request high floor. Anything else depends on where you want to be. If close to lobby area with shortest walk to pool, lobby, boat dock, bus station, then request close to elevator, but be aware those are not the preferred rooms of many because they can get some loud noise from the front luggage stroage area and rooms far from lobby provide better views and a chance to see upper level fireworks at Epcot, ort if real far from lobby, a view toward the Studios. Note that requests are not guaranteed.

For standard view I like to be at the end close to the tennis courts. Of course anything is just a request but this is what the view is there:

p1143577386-4.jpg

p1143577554-4.jpg

The elevators are back by the lobby however if stairs are an option for everyone I think this is a nice, quiet area to be.

But no big balconies. Quite small actually.

Thank you for your very helpful responses. I am waiting to hear from the person I hope to rent points from whether of not a standard view is available. She said she will call tomorrow. I think it may be too late in the game, though. Our trip is planned for October.

Don't get your hopes up. BWV standard and boardwalk view for Oct, the second highest demand month of the year, mostly disappears shortly after the 11 month reservation window opens. Even pool/garden view can become an issue by 9 to 10 months out.

if you really need 4 beds - might go with 2 studios at OKW - it should be cheaper than BWV - even standard 2-bedroom villa.

OKW is the only DVC studio at WDW that has 2 queen beds instead queen bed and double sofa bed.

BWV DOES NOT have any 2-bedroom dedicated - it only has lock outs.

so the other couple would get a studio - which if everyone is paying their share - not really fair (my opinion)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter