Boardwalk Villas Question

Jre1206

Mouseketeer
Hi,
Im staying at BWV for the first time next month, and ive read somewhere on here that they have "free" self serve laundry machines available on the villa side of the resort. Is this true? Should i bring quarters just in case?

We're DVC members and have stayed at BWV many times. The machines are free, but you need to bring your own detergent or buy some there. If you have a 1 or 2 bedroom, you have laundry in your room. I believe the laundry room is on the first floor near the elevators? Been a while since we used it there.

We have a studio, rented through davids. It's a split stay between OKW, CR and BWV so i figured with an 8 day stay I'll have to do at least one load. Thank you so much!

Exit the elevators on the first floor (pool level).
Turn right to corridor, and the laundry room is the door on your left.
As said, the machines are free, but buy or bring your own detergent (laundry pods travel well).
You can use laundry view to see which machines are available, and to check when yours is done. The machines are limited, so try to remove your item as soon as possible once the load is complete. There is a cart to hang clothes and/or use to transfer clothes to dryer, as well as a fable to fold clothes. A TV is in the room, not sure if they still have a chair in there.
https://www.laundryview.com/home/9580/4567581/BOARDWALK-VILLAS/BOARDWALK-VILLAS

The laundries are always free except for the detergent. Sometimes at my resort i as one of the housekeepers if i could have a box and they have no problems giving me one.

Thanks. Ill just throw a couple pods in a ziploc bag my suitcase and hope they dont bust open lol

Thanks. Ill just throw a couple pods in a ziploc bag my suitcase and hope they dont bust open lol

We have a studio, rented through davids. It's a split stay between OKW, CR and BWV so i figured with an 8 day stay I'll have to do at least one load. Thank you so much!
Have a great time. We have found taking the time to do a load or two of laundry really lightens what we must pack. Others may say "no way" to laundry as they are on vacation. However, we have found it works very well for us. We take the laundry pods with us tucked in a plastic baggie inside a shoe so we don't have to buy the detergent on site.

The DVC laundry rooms are small. You might only have two washers and two dryer in each. Don't plan on wandering during pool time when everyone else might be thinking the same. Check the app to see what is available. And make sure you move your laundry out of the machine as it finishes each step. Otherwise, you might find it moved out and on the table in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter