Boat ride from Boardwalk to MGM

GEM

Mommy to Paul - 1lb 7oz wonder
Does anybody have an idea how long to allow for the boat ride from the Boardwal to MGM?

I'm not sure if it goes to YC first, then to Swan&Dolphin before heading to MGM, or goes from the Boardwalk to Swan&Dolphin, then to MGM. In either case, I'd say it takes anywhere from 20 - 25 mins., once in the boat.

I'm thinking it's (from Epcot) Yacht/Beach Club, Boardwalk, Swan/Dolphin then the studios for this boat route, but I'm saying this solely from memory of a single recent trip and could easily be mistaken.

If I'm wrong, Boardwalk and Yacht & Beach are reversed.

It's EPCOT, BW, YC/BC, Swan/Dolphin and then the Studios. It reverses for the trip from the Studios to EPCOT.

Walking to MGM takes less than half of the time as does taking the boat.

The boat from BW to MGM is slow. As indicated above, the route is Epcot -BW-YC/BC-S/D-MGM, so there are two stops enroute. In addition, the wait for a boat can be 20 minutes, particularly in the afternoon. We once waited even longer (about 1:30 pm) when the boats had gotten out of synchronization and we just missed one heading to MGM.

Ralph

You can typically figure about 5 minutes per leg of the trip. So, if the boat goes EC -> BW -> Y/B -> S/D -> ST then 25 mins would be a good estimation... and 90% of the time I've ridden them, it's been just that. As for wait times... every 10 mins during peak times, and 20 mins during non-peak times. And yes, those boats are painfully slow.

Going by boat from BW to MGM takes about 25 minutes as you stop at YC/BC and S/D on the way. Two other options: (a) walk -- takes about 15 to 20 minutes depending on pace; (b) walk from BW over the bridge to S/D and pick up boat from there to MGM -- walk to S/D is less than 5 minutes, boat trip from there is 8 minutes but you may have to wait for a boat

Not to sound like a math problem, but if two people started from the elevator at BW, one going to the boat dock, and the other heading out on the path to MGM, I would venture to say that the person walking to MGM would be well on their way, even if the boat was waiting. The walkway to MGM is just great!

Originally posted by ahoff
Not to sound like a math problem, but if two people started from the elevator at BW, one going to the boat dock, and the other heading out on the path to MGM, I would venture to say that the person walking to MGM would be well on their way, even if the boat was waiting. The walkway to MGM is just great!

I agree with you. When your room is not very close to the elevators, the walk to MGM seems shorter than the walk to the BW dock. We always walk to and from MGM when we stay at the BWV, unless we are traveling with my parents. My Mom has a bad hip and needs to save the walking for the parks. She also prefers not to do stairs.

That is a point I never thought about, we have always been lucky and had a room pretty close to the elevators. But if you were off towards the tennis courts, I would think there are doors to get out that put you almost halfway there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter