Boat to Contemporary?

WDWCamper

Earning My Ears
What time does the boat to the Contemporary begin? Want to make PS for first seating at Chef Mickeys.

WDWCamper/Aug 2002

The boats start running at 8am, but I'm not sure if they go to the Contemporary from FW that early. You may have to take the boat to MK, then hop the resort monorail to the Contemporary. Give yourself at least 45 minutes, just in case.

the Contemporary boat starts running at 7:45 am - the MK monorail was not running until 8:30!! You could get on EPCOT monorail by 8:15 and I'm not sure about the resort monorail. We would take the 7:45 bus to Contemporary and then walk to MK - first in lines at the gates!:)

Thanks for the help.

In your response you stated you would take the 7:45 bus to the Contemporary...then walk to MK. Did you mean the 7:45 boat or is there a direct bus as well? If it was the boat...did that one tend to be crowded?

Thanks!
WDWCamper

opps - I did mean boat and no it was not crowded - we had it all to ourselves! We joked with the "captain" about having a private boat for no extra cost!

Also we were told by the "front desk" that park buses started running 30 minutes prior to park opening time and found this to be wrong! One morning we were waiting on the EPCOT bus along with EVERYONE else in the campground:) and when the bus arrived the driver asked "Where was everyone on my first run - I had an empty bus?"!! We asked what time he came and he said about 7:45 not 8:30!! He told us park buses start at 7:30.

We had a 7:30 seating for Chef Mickey last week. The buses and boats start too late to make it there in time. We just drove over and back and it was actually quicker than taking the bus. It was less than a 10 minute drive from FW. Be warned though!! 7:45 seating does not mean 7:45!! We had 7:30 seating and finally sat down at 8:10. They take smaller partys first no matter when they come in. We only had 5 in our party also. Good Luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter