Bob, Kevin & Julie - Your Cheese is on its Way!

Yum! Nothing better than squeaky cheese curds. That is unless they are battered and fried. :thumbsup2

I'm from Wisconsin and just finished eating a chunk of brick cheese. I love all cheeses. I could run over to Monroe and send you some Limburger cheese?

Yum! Nothing better than squeaky cheese curds. That is unless they are battered and fried. :thumbsup2

I started referring to it on VMK as Peep cheese because you can't say curds...

of course now you can't say cheese either but whatever.

Went to Culver's today. Should have had some fried curds but I wasn't that hungry!

Greetings from Wisconsin!

I was first able to listen to this week's podcast this morning (Friday) on the way to work. As you were discussing the chocolates that were sent in, I started thinking to myself that I should send down some cheese - specifically cheese curds. Lo and behold, less than a minute later, there's Julie requesting cheese from Wisconsin!

So... Bob, Kevin and Julie - consider your cheese on its way! It's up to you if you want to share. :rolleyes1

There's a small cheese producer less than 5 miles from my house where I'll picking up your cheese curds tomorrow - the curds are usually so fresh that they're still warm (yummy!). If you have any specific cheese requests (sharp, mild, cheddar, colby, etc.), let me know before Saturday a.m. and I'll see what I can do to accommodate!

Cheese curds are the best! And it's so much fun sending them to people who have never had them before.

Thanks so much!!!! They all sound great to me!:goodvibes

You could have just asked Julie! We're heading down to WDW tomorrow, I could have brought some with me :goodvibes

I'm from just outside of Madison but grew up in Central Wisconsin. The Rudolph cheese factory was our favorite place to go. We could watch them make the cheese curds.

I'm from Wisconsin and just finished eating a chunk of brick cheese. I love all cheeses. I could run over to Monroe and send you some Limburger cheese?

Oh I'm jealous - in the south no one has ever heard of Brick cheese - we have to order a batch from Baumgartners a couple of times a year to reconnect with the "old country."

Oh I'm jealous - in the south no one has ever heard of Brick cheese - we have to order a batch from Baumgartners a couple of times a year to reconnect with the "old country."

Baumgartners still makes a limburger with onion sandwich. And I've seen people eating it, but not me!! I'm not that adventurous.

God this is my thread from hell!!!

I told you, you Americans are obsessed by cheese!!!! :scared:

:lmao:

Ok, I never heard of cheese curds. Could someone explain them?

wdwowner earlier posted this link to Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese_curds

It's a good explanation, but I can't agree 100% - the curds are still good (actually, excellent) for a number of weeks - they just lose their 'squeakiness'. Curd snobs (if you can believe there is actually a class of people that are 'curd snobs' :eek: ) visit the cheese factories around here between 10:30 a.m. and noon, when the curds are pulled from the curd/whey separation process and they're still warm.

GBShorts alluded to 'fried' cheese curds. Yes, it is true, we'll deep-fry anything up here, including cheese. They're crunchy on the outside, with gooey cheese on the inside. She also mentioned that she went to Culvers, which is home of the 'ButterBurger' (www.culvers.com, if you want to look it up). Yes, we do know how to give out heart attacks in little portable devices up here. :scared1:

I started referring to it on VMK as Peep cheese because you can't say curds...

of course now you can't say cheese either but whatever.

Went to Culver's today. Should have had some fried curds but I wasn't that hungry!

Man those are GOOD!! Too bad I'm dieting or I can eat those by the pound!!

We had deep fried Oreos and Twinkies at the Cranberry Festival in Warrens one year. Oh and deep fried snickers bars. Not a fan of the deep fried sweet stuff.

We had deep fried Oreos and Twinkies at the Cranberry Festival in Warrens one year. Oh and deep fried snickers bars. Not a fan of the deep fried sweet stuff.

My arteries are clogging just reading this!

GBShorts alluded to 'fried' cheese curds. Yes, it is true, we'll deep-fry anything up here, including cheese. They're crunchy on the outside, with gooey cheese on the inside. She also mentioned that she went to Culvers, which is home of the 'ButterBurger' (www.culvers.com, if you want to look it up). Yes, we do know how to give out heart attacks in little portable devices up here. :scared1:

Humble plug, my best friend up here in MI owns two culvers...goto Culvers...support my friends....its good!!

My mom ordered a cheese kit. I believe it was Ricky Carol or someone like that. It is really fun it includes all the stuff you need to learn how to make cheese.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter