BOG all 3 ways!- Sept '16 Dining Review *Complete*

Hi Cristina! Just found your reviews and you are making me oh so hungry. Thanks for sharing

Sorry for the lack of updates I had a nasty accident at work and have stitches in my hand. I am just about healed up and ready to return to my review.

Also stressing a bit about our next trip...Im coming up on the 180 mark but park hours for January aren't out yet!

That Cronut in Epcot looks incredible! Where is it?

Love your reviews!
Thanks! thats at the Refreshment Port right before Canada

I actually just came back from a trip to Montauk and this bakery there had jelly filled croissants that were coated in sugar it reminded me of the Cronut...soooo good!

Hi Cristina! Just found your reviews and you are making me oh so hungry. Thanks for sharing

Ha! Welcome! love your reviews :)

Next was a breakfast I was really looking forward to.

We arrived at the Poly and were headed to Kona!

We started with a delicious Kona french press.

Juan ordered the Tonga Toast

I had more than a few bites of this. It was really good. Kinda reminded me of the Cronut but it was stuffed with bananas.

I ordered the Pineapple Macadamia nut Pancakes

I love macadamia nuts so I really enjoyed this, there were nuts all throughout the pancakes. Could have done with a bit less pineapple and more macadamia nut butter. This is a huge serving, I was barely able to eat half. Im sure my picking on everyone else meals might have had something to do with that though. We'll come back here for sure.

Angelina ordered the Big Kahuna lol

This had scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, ham, french toast and pancakes with the macadamia nut butter and pineapples on top. She loved it all and finished most of it besides the few potatoes I stole. This girl was really enjoying not having to order from the kids menus this trip.

Next is Angelina's favorite Disney meal!

Last edited:

After breakfast at Kona we used our Fastpasses at MK then went back to POR for some pool time. With the late and very filling breakfast we were able to hold off until dinner when we headed to Epcot.

We went straight for Mexico to get Angelina her favorite meal at La Cantina de San Angel

Empanadas con Queso

I can't blame the girl these really are so damn good. I make empanadas of all types at home but I can never top these. There is also a yummy green sauce and queso fresco on top.

Juan and I shared an order of the Empanadas and the Nachos

These are pretty standard nachos with ground beef, nacho cheese, tomatoes, jalapenos, beans, and sour cream. I really enjoyed them and it's a pretty large serving.

We also got the Churros of course

These are perfection and they come with caramel sauce to dip in which makes it even better. yum. Im hungry now.

We make sure to come here every trip. Always so good.

Next up our last full day and last BOG meal.

Last edited:
We did Kona breakfast a couple years ago and I also got the pineapple macadamia nut pancakes. They were good; my thing was that I was hoping the pineapple was actually in the pancakes. Still good though!
We've really enjoyed La Cantina but I've never gotten the Empanadas, that looks good! May have to add it too my already too long list for Nov. :)

We've really enjoyed La Cantina but I've never gotten the Empanadas, that looks good! May have to add it too my already too long list for Nov. :)

Lol I'm the same way. We are going in January just for 3 nights and I have a pretty long list of favorites. I didn't realize the hardest part of a short trip would be deciding where to eat!

What I love most about this report (besides the Cronut :love:) is the weather you looked like you had. We are going early September this year and the only September weather I've seen in reports was super rainy. Fingers crossed you left some!!

What I love most about this report (besides the Cronut :love:) is the weather you looked like you had. We are going early September this year and the only September weather I've seen in reports was super rainy. Fingers crossed you left some!!

The mornings and evenings were great. It did rain a bit but only in the afternoon and we planned afternoon breaks each day so the rain was usually when we were resting back at the hotel. We got pretty lucky.

Just made a lunch ADR at BOG. Did you have a difficult time finding a seat when you went? What time did you eat? Love reading your reviews! Thanks for sharing!

Just made a lunch ADR at BOG. Did you have a difficult time finding a seat when you went? What time did you eat? Love reading your reviews! Thanks for sharing!

Welcome and thank you!

We had a 12:15 ADR and it was pretty full, I originally wanted to sit in the west wing but it was full so we sat in the music room which I ended up loving anyways. Lunch is my favorite of the three meals to have at BOG and probably my favorite meal in MK, hope you enjoy it as much!

Narcoossee's is our favorite restaurant!! I almost always get either the lobster/filet combo or the scallops (usually the scallops), and ALWAYS get the cheesecake, so your review was RIGHT up my alley!! Hubby and I can't wait to dine there in October. We're staying at the Grand Flo, so we can just roll ourselves back to our room after we stuff our guts!!!

**January trip planning update**

Just reached the 180 mark for our next trip and thought I'd share my selections with you guys :D

It's going to be just me and the hubby this time and its a short 4 day trip. We are doing the first night at AKV and then 3 at BWV. These are both new resorts for us. I'm super excited to try all the food at the AKV and then enjoy the Boardwalk and being so close to Epcot.

Day 1- arrival and only day at AKV so just enjoying the resort...Sanaa(L), The Mara(D)
Day 2- Boma(B), Flame Tree BBQ(L), La Cantina(D)
Day 3- Les Halles(B/L), Columbia Harbour House(D)
Day 4- BOG(L), Yachtsman(D)

Final posts for this DR incoming..

Last edited:
We started our last day bright (more like kinda cloudy) and early, we had an 8am reservation for BOG.
Despite this being our last full day I had the best morning ever at Magic Kingdom. It goes in the books for one of my best Disney memories.

It was pretty amazing walking down an empty Main Street and into an even emptier Fantasyland.

And finally into an empty dining room.

We had pre ordered so we basically walked right in, had our pick of tables and soon enough we were served this plate of pastries.

From top to bottom there is a cheese danish, blueberry muffin, raisin bran muffin, chocolate croissant and a butter croissant. The blueberry muffin is my favorite.

I had the Open-Faced Bacon and Egg Sandwich which was poached eggs, bacon, brie, tomatoes and arugula on a baguette.

This was so good. The eggs were nice and runny and the brie was nice and melty. The bacon was thick and crispy. Just a really yummy breakfast. The fruit salad was mostly melon but still nice and refreshing.

Juan ordered the Croissant Doughnut

Juan loved this, he will basically eat anything with a caramel banana sauce on it. While he enjoyed it at the time, it was very heavy and he wasn't feeling too good about it afterwards.

I always have such a hard time deciding between a sweet or savory breakfast and I'm glad I went the savory route here because this was just too sweet to have so early in the morning.

Angelina got this. I don't remember the name and it's not on the menu anymore...

It was scrambled eggs with cheese and spinach served in puff pastry. She liked it, wasn't crazy about it though. It was a bit bland and heavy. She ended up having some of mine and Juans.

Overall I think it was a nice meal, worth it if you are on the dining plan and to get into the park before opening.

Here's where the morning gets even better...
We were finished eating around 8:40. We left and headed towards my favorite ride the 7DMT. We were expecting to have to wait 20 mins but they let us right on! We got to go on three times in a row before the rope drop crowds started lining up!
Best morning ever...:jumping1:

up next our final Disney meal

We spent our last night of the trip in Hollywood Studios with plans to see the Frozen fireworks.
It was hot and humid and we were getting hungry so we picked up a last minute reservation for Mama Melrose.

The theming inside this restaurant is great. I really felt like I was back in the Bronx at my grandmas house.

We started off with the Calamari

I love that it was served with peppers and onions and the dipping sauces were great to use on the bread too. There was an oil, pesto and marinara sauce.

I am pretty used to Italian food and I didn't want the same old diner so I was having a hard time deciding on what to order.

I went with the Saltimbocca

Now I don't usually eat pork tenderloin so I'm not sure what made me order this but I am glad I did. It was so good. There was prosciutto and fontina cheese on top of the pork, mashed potatoes and broccollini on the side and it was all in a delicious lemon caper sauce. I will go back for this.

Juan ordered the Charred Strip Steak

This was Juan's favorite meal of the trip. It was served with four-cheese macaroni and had a balsamic-shallot butter and a red wine reduction. I had to try it, it was super juicy and the wine reduction was delish.

Angelina had the Penne all Vodka with Shrimp

This was a huge portion and the shrimp were huge too. The sauce was a pretty standard vodka sauce but I've never seen it offered with shrimp before. It was a nice change and Angelina was very happy with it.

For dessert I ordered the Chocolate "gelato". I'm pretty sure this was just plain chocolate ice cream and I didn't bother taking a picture.

Juan ordered the Chocolate Cannoli

I'm not a big cannoli fan but I had a bite of one and it was pretty yummy. Juan really liked them, they tasted very fresh.

Angelina had the Dessert Sampler

This was a chocolate and cherry cake, tiramisu, and an amaretto cheesecake.
She loved them all. Cake and creme, whats not to like?!

So our last dinner turned out pretty great for a last min plan. The frozen fireworks were gorgeous, I will admit I cried...It was our last night and I was feeling emotional! And then as we were leaving Elsa made it snow in Hollywood Studios.

I love these magical Disney moments. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter