BOG lunch question

kyanmama

Earning My Ears
I just got an ADR for lunch at BOG during our Christmas week trip (me, DH, DS8, DS3). Booked it because a lot of people have told me it's a must-do :)
Looking at the menu, I'm kind of underwhelmed-- it looks okay and we'll definitely find something to eat but doesn't look amazing honestly. My question is-- is BOG worth it for the atmosphere/overall experience? Would you consider it a must-do? Can someone tell me a little more about what to expect at lunch? Thanks!
We are on the dining plan.

I think everyone should see the inside of BOG at least once. It is a very immersive restaurant - with 3 different rooms. I have googled (becuase I am going during Christmas season) and it looks like BOG is one of the restaurants that does some Christmas decorating inside, but only in the main ballroom.

Personally, we all really like the warm roast turkey sandwich. We have learned to share it between 2 adults - it's enough for my adult daughter and me. We never order as many entrees as there are people in our party. You can save some quick service credits this way.

You place your order (hopefully pre-order) and you will be given your receipt and find a place to eat. The beverages are self-serve with a station in each room. You pick up your silverware and napkins at a cart. They will deliver your order to you on real dishes, on a moving carts with glass tops. I believe they will find you through your magic band - they will check the tables and order numbers on the receipts in the meanwhile to try and determine which orders are in which rooms I (for those without magic bands, etc).

We usually try for the 'Rose' room, but there are few tables. Our second choice is the ballroom (although decorated for the holidays, it might move to first for me). I have never sat in the other room.

I do think it is worth it at least once for the immersive atmosphere and theming. I'm underwhelmed by the food (we go at lunch; we just get kid meals (the pork is good) and often get more food an hour or so later elsewhere.)

I don't think it'll blow you away, but I'd keep the ADR for one reason, and one reason alone: Christmas Week is so bananas. Because BOG does ADRs, while you might have to shiv someone who is leaving for their table, you're more or less going to be able to GET a table, which is more than can be said of ANY other QS at Magic Kingdom that week during prime hours.

The theming is excellent. As a QS credit for lunch/breakfast or a good deal. You can have something other than a burger or nuggets. It's air conditioned. It's not at chaotic as say Pecos Bill or Cosmic Ray. You can refill your drink which you can do in most QS restaurants.

I had the braised pork last year. I thought it was very good. Recommend preordering to save time. I was given a plastic rose to put on the table which they used to find you to bring your food to you. No standing behind 20 people who need the dining plan explained to them and then waiting for your food and then trying to wade through a sea of tables for an empty spot.

We did BOG lunch in 2013 and loved it. I remember having some soup and the warm turkey sandwich (on gluten free bread - great sandwich and rare to be able to eat one outside of home) and also loved a cream puff dessert. It's the only ADR I'm worried about not being able to get. And agreed, being able to see the inside is a must do if you are a fan of the story at all. I was happy not to see the usual menu items you can get anywhere else.

Hello, we have been twice for lunch. Both times underwhelmed but I do agree with everyone else that the theming was beautiful! Dinner on the other hand was amazing!

We did BOG lunch in 2013 and loved it. I remember having some soup and the warm turkey sandwich (on gluten free bread - great sandwich and rare to be able to eat one outside of home) and also loved a cream puff dessert. It's the only ADR I'm worried about not being able to get. And agreed, being able to see the inside is a must do if you are a fan of the story at all. I was happy not to see the usual menu items you can get anywhere else.

Use touring plans reservation finder if you can't get BOG! I am new to this and we just booked our trip last month, so a lot of reservations we wanted were gone. Reservation finder has gotten me Ohana and BOG!

I like BOG for lunch. I get French onion soup and a cupcake! I love the cupcakes there. DH is a fan of the braised pork. We ordered the kids turkey sandwich for my then-18 month old on our most recent visit and he enjoyed it. He was a big fan of the peach applesauce that came with it.

Theming is great (though less impressive during the day for lunch I thought) and the food is (to me) better than most other QS at Magic Kingdom. I'd say that lunch is above-average theme park food -- I'd keep the reservation but I'd never wait in a line to eat there.

It's worth it for the simple fact that you have an ADR and don't have to wait in a horrible QS line then have to carry a tray of food searching for a table. They bring your food to you and you can refill your own drinks on the way out. The turkey sandwich and strawberry cupcake are amazing too.

It's worth it for the simple fact that you have an ADR and don't have to wait in a horrible QS line then have to carry a tray of food searching for a table. They bring your food to you and you can refill your own drinks on the way out.

This sums it up perfectly. I didn't realize the true value to BOG until I was carrying a tray with four meals and four drinks up a flight of stairs at CHH wondering where to sit.

So worth it even just for the atmosphere. The food was actually good. My husband is picky - he had the braised pork and thought it was amazing. Lunch is a little more lax so it is nice to just be able to check out each room as they are all very different.

The theming and atmosphere are good. I was underwhelmed with the food though. Glad I tried it though. But probably won't be doing any more.

We liked lunch at BOG. I didn't think the food was amazing (DH was also underwhelmed), but for a QS credit it was definitely worth it! I had the tuna nicoise salad and enjoyed it. And the Master's Cupcake was great. My picky 5 year old DD also liked the whole grain macaroni (with side of peach applesauce) and it was one of the healthier meals she had on vacation (excluding the cupcake!). :)

We preordered, so we didn't have to wait in the fairly long line to order, but it did take a good 10-15 minutes for the food to be brought to our table (CMs use your magic band to locate you). The theming was incredible, though, and so we didn't really mind the wait. I'd go back again for sure, especially if on the DDP.

Does anyone know how close to your reservation time you need to be? I had to get a few singles that were sort of close just to get something we could use...

It's worth it for the simple fact that you have an ADR and don't have to wait in a horrible QS line then have to carry a tray of food searching for a table. They bring your food to you and you can refill your own drinks on the way out. The turkey sandwich and strawberry cupcake are amazing too.

I absolutely agree. The atmosphere is beautiful and more relaxing, I feel than the other QS restaurants. I also like that they bring you your lunch and you don't have to carry it to the table yourself.

I just got an ADR for lunch at BOG during our Christmas week trip (me, DH, DS8, DS3). Booked it because a lot of people have told me it's a must-do :)
Looking at the menu, I'm kind of underwhelmed-- it looks okay and we'll definitely find something to eat but doesn't look amazing honestly. My question is-- is BOG worth it for the atmosphere/overall experience? Would you consider it a must-do? Can someone tell me a little more about what to expect at lunch? Thanks!
We are on the dining plan.

Yes, a must do!! We do it every trip. We also always get the braised pork and french onion soup. Am 'very' underwhelmed with the tiny cup cake desserts so we skip those - too many other 'yummies' elsewhere that are much better!

We had ressies first time for dinner, but after eating lunch there, we cancelled dinner as we loved the lunch so much. Nothing appealed on the dinner menu, plus lots more expensive - mainly wanted the experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter