Boma...for the less adventurous??

2hapykdz

DIS Veteran
Headed to Boma on Sunday....I eat EVERTHING....the wife not so much! Is there enough there that she'll be able to eat? Like are the carved meats really overseasoned??? and are the mashed potatoes plain...or are they "Africanized"LOL It's more for me for my bucket list....just looking for people who have gone that were leary about finding enough food to eat and were pleasantly surprised.TIA!

IMO there are a lot of options, so she can try a bite of anything that looks interesting and go back for more if she likes it. I don't think the meats are heavily seasoned, as they put the sauces and such on the side.

I agree; you will find plenty of non spicy foods and more plain items there too. Don't worry!!!

Hi there, we just returned and frequented Boma for bfast several days and 1 night for dinner. I’am not an overly adventurous eater; however, did find many items to enjoy (zebra domes) and left completely satisfied. Breakfast, on the other hand, PHENOMENAL!!!

Many of the ingredients there are familiar and simple - cabbage, beans, rice, dried fruits, pasta, couscous - but the way they are combined with other spices/flavors or unique additions (watermelon rind instead of the typical flesh of the fruit, for example, or the familiar flavor of yellow mustard is mixed at Boma with teriyaki sauce and chipotle peppers) may be adventerous for some guests.

I think the hummuses will work. Some of the green salads. The raisin rice. The American items. The mealie bread.

I am pretty adventurous, DH not so much. My meat & potatoes guy finds plenty to eat at our frequent Boma dinners. Meats are not overly seasoned but some have a sweet cinnamon-y flavor on the outside. Nothing is spicy, think more warm spices like allspice, cinnamon, corriander, etc. and unique flavor combinations like peanut rice or raisin rice.

There is a plain section with pasta, nuggets, plain veggies, etc. geared for kids but anyone can take from that section too.

I could live on some of their soups and salads and be happy! So many unique options!

The soups and salads are really good there. There is a children's section if the other choices aren't to her liking as well.

I am a non-adventurous eater and find plenty to eat. DH is quite the opposite and will eat practically anything. The kids are a mix. So there are no worries. When in doubt pull up the menu online and look it over.

There are some YouTube videos people took of just walking down the lines showing you all the food and the descriptions and I found that really helpful too. Sometimes it's more clear than the written menu.

My mom is the pickiest of picky and she ate very well at Boma. She even said she wants to return someday. The meats were not overseasoned and they offered sauces on the side.

They have plenty of options for picky eaters, and not just Zebra Domes.

There are many choices there for the adventurous and the non adventurous.
She should have plenty of things to choose from no matter how picky or non adventurous she may be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter