• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boma~'Ohana~Brown Derby~Chef Mickey's~Mastu No Ma~1900PF~Kona~Coral Reef + QS

S.Poppins said:
Great reviews! We are eating at many of these places in Jan. You mentioned apple crisp at Columbia harbor house - does that mean no more apple pie? That was one of the things I really liked there!

The choices are the Apple Crisp or Chocolate Cake - I think the only kid's choice is Jell-O. The first bite of the Apple Crisp I took was the apple crumble stuff on top and tart apple sauce - no actual apple. But subsequent bites did have apples - it just threw me off a bit. Plus is was pretty tart - I actually like that, but I know a lot of people like their apples on the sweet side.

Wendi2000 said:
Day Eight – Saturday, October 7th

We took the Monorail back to the Magic Kingdom and I decided to grab some lunch at Pecos Bill’s. I was looking forward to the toppings bar and some nice warm cheese sauce to dip my fries into. I ordered the BBQ Pork Sandwich w/Fries and Beans, Peanut Butter Brownie, and a Large Coke. On to the toppings bar!!! Sautéed Mushrooms – yes, Grilled Onions – yes, Pickles, Lettuce, Tomato – yes, yes, yes. Cheese Sauce – NOOOO, it’s not here!!! How disappointing… I based a lot of my choice of eating here on that sauce.

Oh no!!! I love dipping my fries into the cheese sauce too. I hope they have it when we go in December. I've been looking forward to it since our last trip!

disneypofq05 said:
Oh no!!! I love dipping my fries into the cheese sauce too. I hope they have it when we go in December. I've been looking forward to it since our last trip!

Yes, this was quite a disappointment for me... I'm hoping it was just that day, but I don't know. Maybe someone else will post and we'll find out if the cheese sauce is really gone for good, or if I just hit Pecos Bill's on an uncheesy day.

Great reviews- thanks for sharing. My DD(5) sounds alot like your DS - it's helpful to get an idea of what other kids do. Also being a bit of a foodie from a large metro area, it's good to see realistic reviews of resturants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter