Boma or Jiko for a Solo?

msteddom

We always wait in line in California (something)
I really want to try one of the resturaunts at AKL, but I'm having trouble deciding which one. I'm not a very adventerous eater, so Boma would be a safer decision, because if I don't like something I could always go back and try something else. It is also less expensive. But Jiko sounds like a real experience, I also know that they have a counter which might be nice. I'm just not sure which one I should pick!

Melissa

I've enjoyed meals at both (none solo). It really depends whether you're in the buffet or upscale mood. I think the counter at Jiko would be a great place for interaction with the chefs.

I ate at Jiko's solo a couple of weeks ago. The tables are fairly close together and I had nice conversations with the people on both sides of me. They were so nice to me and even introduced themselves. The food was great. Our server was Danielle who was great. She has been there since Jiko's opened and is very knowledgeable.

I've also eaten at Boma's and loved it too. I ate way more when I was at Boma's. I chose Jiko's in January because 1) I didn't want to have such a large meal 2) I wanted to have a relaxing sit down meal and 3) I wanted to try someplace new.

You can't go wrong with either.

Jiko by far and away. JMHO however. Stop by the pool bar before dinner. People are amazingly friendly.

I did not dine at Jiko's solo but DH and I ate at the counter and we had a wonderful time talking to the quests on either side of us. I think it would be a great choice for a solo diner.

I'd pick Jiko (my favorite restaurant) and sit at the counter...the chef's there are great to talk to ....

I've been to both and I'm going to vote for Jiko. I love the food at both places but the atomosphere at Jiko is a little more relaxed and quiet... Boma can be quiet hectic and I've noticed there are more kids in there. If you get the chance, definitely try and go to both. The coconut curry shrimp and flatbreads at great at Jiko :)

I've only eaten at Boma solo (Jiko with DH). Although I really enjoyed it, I'm such a klutz that I was so afraid I'd trip and fall with a plate loaded with food all alone in front of a room full of people! Guess I've had that paranoia ever since I tripped over a crack in the sidewalk at Epcot on a solo trip once and crashed to the ground in front of a bunch of people. My knees and elbows hurt, but more my pride. So I think I'd stick with Jiko next time.

I have eaten at both solo during work trips and found both great. Jiko's was better at dinner time for me, didn't feel so out of place eating alone at the counter. But the variety at Boma was a treat when eating alone. Normally my wife and I would order different meals and share.

Either way you'll leave smiling and with a great meal under your belt.

Mike

We have done both and we would recommend Boma. The buffet is great.

There are so many options no one will leave hungry. The salads, soups, etc are delightfully prepared. If you have any questions do not hesistate to ask the chef--they are very accomodating.

In addition if you do not find something at the buffet they will make you a special meal, based upon your dietary requirements.

The chef's are always looking to do something creative.

We try to eat there at least once everytime we go.

Enjoy!

Ate at Boma tonight. Great as usual. They had the usual and Salmon with Coconut Curry. Love the butternut Squash soup.

Either way you'l leave happy.

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter