Bombardier's rail business sold!

Hmmm, I want to say it can't be worse than Bombardier, but I've never known a French person to ever "hurry".

Hmmm, I want to say it can't be worse than Bombardier, but I've never known a French person to ever "hurry".
lol . . . well, Bombardier was French Canadian, so it's not much different. ;)

I feel like since I'm Canadian I'm allowed some self-deprecating humour here.

Seriously, though. Seems as though new monorails are never gonna get built.

Last edited:
I actually think the buyout may help the process. Alstom has been quite aggressive in its marketing of monorails in the last few years so they may want to get into Disney for the visibility.

I actually think the buyout may help the process. Alstom has been quite aggressive in its marketing of monorails in the last few years so they may want to get into Disney for the visibility.

Very possible. They may want a big sale to put them on the map for applications like that. Disney usually means good press.

They don't need to hurry. They just need to complete the project on time and within quality standards. Something Bombardier was completely incompetent at doing in the transportation sector. Hurrying implies you are doing it fast. I don't think they need to be built fast, just on time with the bid.

Keep in mind the existing beam and clearances at platforms does not meet current trends in monorails, if memory serves. Thus Alstom would have to go back to original engineering docs and modify some of today's processes at a minimum. As Skyliner racks up positive perceptions, is the monorail nearing extinction?

Keep in mind the existing beam and clearances at platforms does not meet current trends in monorails, if memory serves. Thus Alstom would have to go back to original engineering docs and modify some of today's processes at a minimum. As Skyliner racks up positive perceptions, is the monorail nearing extinction?
Certainly hope not! I don't think the contemporary would be too impressive with a bunch of sky buckets going in / out of it. At that point, they might as well call it the Matterhorn! :crazy2:

As Skyliner racks up positive perceptions, is the monorail nearing extinction?
I'm not sure I see them willing or able to replace the Resort or Express Loops, but I'd be shocked if there isn't already a plan or a file somewhere that makes a case for replacing the EPCOT Loop with a Skyliner extension.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter