• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bonine vs Bonamine

MaryannF

<font color=purple>Very interesting...<br><font co
My sister brought me some Bonine back from Florida a couple of years ago and I found that it worked very well and didn't make me drowsy like Gravol does. I threw out the last few tablets a while ago as the package date showed that it had expired. Does anyone know how Bonamine, sold here in Canada, compares to Bonine. I notice that the Bonamine package does not say non-drowsy. We leave in 10 days for WDW and I don't want to risk flying without something. Our 1.5 hour trip (that I can usually manage without Gravol) to the cottage this weekend took 3 hours and I was in rough shape by the time we got there.

I think that they are relatively the same product, although we had Bonamine for our last cruise and it made dh and dd very sleepy. Perhaps there is a non-drowsy form sold here in Canada?

The medicinal ingredient on Bonamine is meclizine if that helps.

I understand these 2 drugs to be the same product.

I took in March while cruising and had no side effects at all.

After a couple of days I stopped anyway as the waters (Caribbean) were so calm and it wasn't needed.

When I was in US recently I noticed they have a "Less Drowsy" Gravol formula...do we have that here? Also, I've tried the Ginger Gravol tablets and they worked for my motion sickness in the car and had no side effects at all since they are herbal. Here's hoping they work on my Nov cruise!! I think I'll take the Ginger tablets a couple of days prior to the cruise and the first couple of days on the ship and then hope to back out of them. I'll take a long the Bonamine just in case!

Hi everyone

After a couple of days I stopped anyway

Minnie56, you felt like you did not need them or you just took a chance ?
We bought the Bonamime for our cruise next week (gee,i don't beleive i am saying that after a year and a half waiting:p )
and i don't want to take any but DW does not want to take a chance...Do they work fast ? I am always ok in cars or plane, but since it's our first cruise i don't want to lose a couple of days because i am see sick.

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated;)

Thank you
Steff

I have had Bonine and Bonamine. They seem very much alike to me. One Bonamine lasts me 24 hours. However, on my last trip to US I bought some non-drowsy Dramamine and that worked just as well. I find gravol to be a little pink pill. It does nothing for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter