"Bonus" day: ASM or off-site?

Yikes.....for an 8am departure, I would definitely suggest those 2 families stay at the airport hotel. It would allow them to sleep in a little more and it would be only a single transportation trip cost from the Poly Sun late afternoon or early evening to MCO. The other 2 families could stay at a value, moderate or Disney Springs hotel. Personally, I would choose a hotel with breakfast included to help offset the cost of double transportation. (Poly to hotel and then hotel to airport)

Yikes.....for an 8am departure, I would definitely suggest those 2 families stay at the airport hotel. It would allow them to sleep in a little more and it would be only a single transportation trip cost from the Poly Sun late afternoon or early evening to MCO. The other 2 families could stay at a value, moderate or Disney Springs hotel. Personally, I would choose a hotel with breakfast included to help offset the cost of double transportation. (Poly to hotel and then hotel to airport)
You wouldn’t have double transportation costs if you stay onsite on Sunday. Disney will transfer luggage to all stars for example and then just get on the all stars bus after leaving MK.

You wouldn’t have double transportation costs if you stay onsite on Sunday. Disney will transfer luggage to all stars for example and then just get on the all stars bus after leaving MK.

Sorry, I should have clarified I was referring to staying at a Disney Springs hotel with breakfast included or a hotel near the airport. The families could save money not staying on property the night before leaving but wouldn't want the cost of double transportation to negate the savings.

You are not going to find “quiet & comfortable” in the price range you’re looking at, but your families have already booked this Monday airfare so now you are stuck. “Quiet and comfortable” at that price range would be like the holy grail of Disney hotel rooms! I would advise the early morning families to get rooms at MCO Hyatt and I would advise the afternoon families pick one of these
  • Value room at Disney if they are fine with paper thin walls
  • Swolphin if they’re willing to pay more as it has nicer beds (doubles at Dolphin though) and somewhat quieter rooms than a Disney Value
  • CSR Tower, a nice mid-level room with comfort and quieter than a value, less walking than the other CSR rooms

Hotwire an airport hotel with a shuttle? You’re concerned about your parents being comfortable but you’d let them drag their bags from Poly to Hotel X and then onto a shuttle the next morning? C’mon. You’ve got such a nice trip laid out, don’t ruin it by exhausting already exhausted people chasing some savings.

You are not going to find “quiet & comfortable” in the price range you’re looking at, but your families have already booked this Monday airfare so now you are stuck. “Quiet and comfortable” at that price range would be like the holy grail of Disney hotel rooms! I would advise the early morning families to get rooms at MCO Hyatt and I would advise the afternoon families pick one of these
  • Value room at Disney if they are fine with paper thin walls
  • Swolphin if they’re willing to pay more as it has nicer beds (doubles at Dolphin though) and somewhat quieter rooms than a Disney Value
  • CSR Tower, a nice mid-level room with comfort and quieter than a value, less walking than the other CSR rooms

Hotwire an airport hotel with a shuttle? You’re concerned about your parents being comfortable but you’d let them drag their bags from Poly to Hotel X and then onto a shuttle the next morning? C’mon. You’ve got such a nice trip laid out, don’t ruin it by exhausting already exhausted people chasing some savings.
Trust me, it is NOT me you need to convince, lol! My parents are determined to stay wherever the rest of us are staying. They are also bankrolling the accommodations portion of the trip. So, I'm trying to thread the needle of not taking advantage of their generosity, honoring their wishes and making sure they have a good experience. If it was up to me they would be at the MCO Hyatt that night and the rest of us would be hunkering down on I-drive😁

Trust me, it is NOT me you need to convince, lol! My parents are determined to stay wherever the rest of us are staying. They are also bankrolling the accommodations portion of the trip. So, I'm trying to thread the needle of not taking advantage of their generosity, honoring their wishes and making sure they have a good experience. If it was up to me they would be at the MCO Hyatt that night and the rest of us would be hunkering down on I-drive😁
I believe your parents are the ones who have the 8 am flight, yes? Do they understand that for that 8 am flight they'll have to leave their WDW resort at 6 am at the latest? And that's okay with them?

If everyone must stay at the same resort then maybe everyone should stay at the airport Hyatt. It's not like anything much is going to happen on getaway day anyhow.

OP, I think threading this needle has put a lot of strain on you. Have you discussed all the ins and outs with your parents? What is the point of their staying in the same resort with the rest of you for the last night if they're going to have to leave in the morning before anyone else is even awake?

Ahh. That game. I know the balance, hard line to walk. If they don’t have the budget I’d do the Value. The rooms may have thin walls but you are guaranteed someone else will move their bags and Disney quality will be there. It’s the physically easiest alternative.

Unless you are the hang up. If my parents wanted to spend the money for all of us to stay MCO Hyatt I would let them. It is their money to spend as they desire while they can.

It’s not a bad idea for everyone to stay at the Hyatt. There are plenty of restaurants outside of security for the people who are leaving later. The pool is pretty cool too. I spent a morning there with my daughter when she was little.

We we just had this same issue. We had booked Boardwalk and then flights were so much cheaper that we decided to do a bonus day in the parks but adding a night at boardwalk was out of the question. We are a family of 4 staying in a 1 bed room. The kids are both 9.

I ended up getting a hotel for $98 by the hotel with a hotel shuttle in the morning. We did not have a car and got a lyft to the hotel. If I remember correctly it was about a 30 minute ride and cost around 40-50$

Our day went like this. Woke up, breakfast, got bags to bell hop and then took the bus to park. We did Animal Kingdom that day as I knew we would not have a room for a mid day break.

Had a great day a AK and then took the bus back to Boardwalk. Enjoyed some ice cream. Thought about getting in the pool but decided we wanted to be in our room. The Bell hop called the Lyft and it was there in less than 5 minutes. Easy, The next morning it was great being close to the airport and not worried about traffic for our 9am flight.

I would do this again. Leave Disney with out Deluxe resort as our memory and just own that the night before you leave is not Disney vacation but part of traveling.

We we just had this same issue. We had booked Boardwalk and then flights were so much cheaper that we decided to do a bonus day in the parks but adding a night at boardwalk was out of the question. We are a family of 4 staying in a 1 bed room. The kids are both 9.

I ended up getting a hotel for $98 by the hotel with a hotel shuttle in the morning. We did not have a car and got a lyft to the hotel. If I remember correctly it was about a 30 minute ride and cost around 40-50$

Our day went like this. Woke up, breakfast, got bags to bell hop and then took the bus to park. We did Animal Kingdom that day as I knew we would not have a room for a mid day break.

Had a great day a AK and then took the bus back to Boardwalk. Enjoyed some ice cream. Thought about getting in the pool but decided we wanted to be in our room. The Bell hop called the Lyft and it was there in less than 5 minutes. Easy, The next morning it was great being close to the airport and not worried about traffic for our 9am flight.

I would do this again. Leave Disney with out Deluxe resort as our memory and just own that the night before you leave is not Disney vacation but part of traveling.
"Easy" sounds great. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter